GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 35

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Nah, let's just call him an idiot from our keyboards without actually knowing anything.

Much more fun.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
67 pts-Spurs-Brighton/W.Ham/@Bournmouth/Everton
67 pts-Chelsea-@ManU/Watford/@Leicester
66 pts-Arsenal-@Wolves/@Leicester/Brighton/@Burnley
64 pts-ManU-ManCity/Chelsea/@Huddersfield/Cardiff

I think it will end up
Spurs-75 pts
Arsenal-74 pts
Chelsea-71 pts
ManU-71 pts

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I hate being right. Rigid Sarri refuses to adapt to fix the same problems that have shown all season, and of course they dropped points against a team that was willing to adapt to defend them.

I fully expect Chelsea to drop points against Burnley by playing passive Sarri-ball and letting them park the bus and just burn the clock against us.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So Zola did the press conference instead of Sarri and essentially said that Sarri was down there to ask Friend to tell his players to get back in position:

Subtext being that the language gap caused a problem. Honestly, wouldn't shock me if this were actually true.

That makes sense, but at the same time you have to send a guy to the stands if he’s halfway down the pitch during a players dust up.

You can’t have referees trying to determine what a managers motivations are and potentially distracting them from what players are doing.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So no Spursy comments about Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd this round? I guess it is only Spursy if Spurs end up with less than 3 points against Brighton.

I don't think it's an unfair comment, but the fact is that the three teams mentioned have been unconvincing all season, whereas Spurs were in a much better place most of the season (legitimately could have been considered in the top 3 group with Liverpool and City more than with the other three).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Heart says that Brighon can get a result today and my goodness the joy that bring me cannot be understated. A win for Brighton essentially securing safety and a hit to Spurs which helps Arsenal... too good to be true.

The brain is ringing a different tune, Spurs may be a little fatigued from the last week but the quality in the squad is obviously much better.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Alex Ferguson knocked Liverpool off their perch.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær finna put 'em back on the perch.

GGMU

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Soton safe with a point? According to my math which you all know is impeccable and should never be questioned.

Technically no, they can't earn safety today, even holding onto the win. They'd be 8 clear of Cardiff and Cardiff have 3 to play.

Practically, yea a point does it. They'd be 6 clear and 18 up on goal difference. Cardiff ain't gonna get 7 points in their last 3.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Technically no, they can't earn safety today, even holding onto the win. They'd be 8 clear of Cardiff and Cardiff have 3 to play.

Practically, yea a point does it. They'd be 6 clear and 18 up on goal difference. Cardiff ain't gonna get 7 points in their last 3.
OH NO. I was looking at the Google table and it's live :laugh:

I give up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad