Tuesday 23 April

Tottenham / Brighton
Watford / Southampton

Wednesday 24 April

Wolverhampton / Arsenal
Manchester United / Manchester City

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Is there any chance of Spurs putting up a fight tomorrow? Feels like they've already declared victory and will mail it in tomorrow.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Actually might wake up for the early game tomorrow. Going back to bed if Pochettino plays a weakened side as he apparently suggested in his press conference.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I have to wake up at 6 AM every morning to take medication, so if the score is close I'll stick around to watch the end of the match. Hopefully it's close.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is there any chance of Spurs putting up a fight tomorrow? Feels like they've already declared victory and will mail it in tomorrow.
It would be really disappointing if they mailed it in, but that would be par for the course of what teams have done against City this year.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Despite the emotional dump from the CL Spurs can't really afford to mail it in against City as they are in a pretty tight race for top 4.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The 3/4 spots are going to get interesting. ManU, Spurs, and Arsenal all have 2 games and most are against top 6 or dangerous mid-table clubs.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I fully expect Chelsea to drop points against Burnley by playing passive Sarri-ball and letting them park the bus and just burn the clock against us.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I can't see Spurs winning, they should send out a lot of depth players.
Why should they? The team they are playing is literally in the same situation they are, Spurs are fighting for to solidify a European place and Spurs know they can hang with them.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Why should they? The team they are playing is literally in the same situation they are, Spurs are fighting for to solidify a European place and Spurs know they can hang with them.

With all the injuries, I just wouldn't be surprised. Plus another match on Tuesday.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I can't see Spurs winning.

My biggest hope is that they wear City out so City have less energy for the derby on Wedensday

I think they can get a point.

As for United...

Paul Pogba and David De Gea are using the uncertainty over whether Manchester United will qualify for next season’s Champions League to demand huge pay rises to stay at Old Trafford. Along with the rest of their team-mates Pogba and De Gea will be forced to accept an automatic 25 per cent pay cut on their existing deals, worth £290,000 and £200,000 per week respectively, if United fail to qualify for next season’s competition.

Manchester United’s Paul Pogba and David De Gea demand rise to offset threat of pay cut

They are going to give absolutely everything to beat City, make no mistake about that. Taking a wage cut would not remotely be in my plans.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
City will rotate and Spurs will rotate. So hopefully Savant isn´t getting up.

Spurs can´t play the same 11 for the remaining matches so.... and if they win the four other they will certainly be top 4 come end of season. Brighton is more important to me than City. Doesn´t matter if Spurs end up with a heroic point today if they fail to get three points against Brighton. And having fresh legs the week after is far more important than trying to get something from City.

City can bring on Sane, Fernandinho, Mahrez etc. Spurs can bring on Davies and young players like Skipp and Walker-Peters. I like Skipp and KWP, but obviously the depth City got Spurs are not even close to matching. Having a lot more injuries than City doesn´t help either of course.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
City will rotate and Spurs will rotate. So hopefully Savant isn´t getting up.

Spurs can´t play the same 11 for the remaining matches so.... and if they win the four other they will certainly be top 4 come end of season. Brighton is more important to me than City. Doesn´t matter if Spurs end up with a heroic point today if they fail to get three points against Brighton. And having fresh legs the week after is far more important than trying to get something from City.

City can bring on Sane, Fernandinho, Mahrez etc. Spurs can bring on Davies and young players like Skipp and Walker-Peters. I like Skipp and KWP, but obviously the depth City got Spurs are not even close to matching. Having a lot more injuries than City doesn´t help either of course.
City's 22 are as good as anyone else's 11.

That's why they're City.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That is why they are City? You make it sound like City are this historical team that are somewhat "destined" to have a fantastic team.

But yes. When you spend more than anyone else you do tend to get better depth than teams not spending a penny. Being City or not.

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That is why they are City? You make it sound like City are this historical team that are somewhat "destined" to have a fantastic team.

But yes. When you spend more than anyone else you do tend to get better depth than teams not spending a penny. Being City or not.
Looks at Manu...

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Good to see Dier back. Not expecting much from him as he has been oh so poor this season, but we need any kind of depth available in midfield these days.

So random not playing a RB when KWP is available, but OK.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not too bad. Still pretty tired though. Try to at least get a draw

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spurs should have at least a goal. Do they even want to win this game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad