GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 14

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Definitely a penalty. A var check would have been nice on the Maguire foul in the first half though

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Game all came down to one team getting a clear and obvious penalty granted by VAR and the other did not. Felt like Arsenal was the better team, but made a couple dumb mistakes (Odegaard, not marking Ronaldo).

Oh well.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Lost a must not lose game, not much more to say than that. That was a huge chance to get a firm grip of top 4 but we missed a great opportunity. Dominated the first 20, but then Arteta just sack back and invited United back into the game. Not acceptable. Overall, it was a 50/50 game. One team got their stonewall penalty, one team didn’t.​

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
We were a disaster in the first 30 minutes, settled into it as the game went on. Was honestly a pretty even game. Scrappy win and both teams definitely didn't look like their best, but we take those. On to the Ralf Rangnick era.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Lost a must not lose game, not much more to say than that. That was a huge chance to get a firm grip of top 4 but we missed a great opportunity. Dominated the first 20, but then Arteta just sack back and invited United back into the game. Not acceptable. Overall, it was a 50/50 game. One team got their stonewall penalty, one team didn’t.​
Eh, on the road at OT isn't a must not lose game. Thought we looked the better team but only just. Take out their penalty and/or add what should have been ours, and the xG is slightly in our favor:

Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal (December 02 2021) | EPL | 2021/2022 | xG | Understat.com

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Eh, on the road at OT isn't a must not lose game. Thought we looked the better team but only just. Take out their penalty and/or add what should have been ours, and the xG is slightly in our favor:

Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal (December 02 2021) | EPL | 2021/2022 | xG | Understat.com
We had 56% possession and won the shots by 17-14. Yeah, Arsenal were slightly better. Still think it was a must not lose game for momentum and the league table. We would have had an 8 point cushion on them with a win today, now they are only two points behind, while Sp*rs can pass us with a win in their game in hand. Considering Top 4 is usually decided by 3-4 points, we probably had to not lose today. United are going on a good run with all the momentum they will have after today, I am sure.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I also dislike that Maitland Niles started one game, won MOTM and then got benched by Arteta ever since. Him or Lokonga should have played over Elneny today.

Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
We had 56% possession and won the shots by 17-14. Yeah, Arsenal were slightly better. Still think it was a must not lose game for momentum and the league table. We would have had an 8 point cushion on them with a win today, now they are only two points behind, while Sp*rs can pass us with a win in their game in hand. Considering Top 4 is usually decided by 3-4 points, we probably had to not lose today. United are going on a good run with all the momentum they will have after today, I am sure.
Yeah, but our next 5 matches (not including the Carabao Cup match we should win) are more important. They're all very possible to win and if we do that, then this match won't much matter.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I liked what I saw from Spurs today. A few individual mistakes, but there were some nice attacking ideas and Brentford couldn’t create much at all.

Special shoutout to Oliver Skipp, what a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad