GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Bro I've played soccer my entire life as a goalie, it isn't THAT bad. I would never lay down in the net like that. Gotta at least make an effort instead of just giving up on your team.

Bro, I played my entire non-career as a non-defending player and have stepped on so many ankles "accidentally" that I know what the reaction is.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You’d think getting a goal like that would make you think it’s your day so you’d look more composed. We’ve completely shat ourselves.

Reactions: luiginb

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Bro, I played my entire non-career as a non-defending player and have stepped on so many ankles "accidentally" that I know what the reaction is.
And yet people all over the world talk about easily players go down. It hurts, I'm not saying it doesn't but as a goalie you can't do that to your team. At least face the field and be aware of what's going on.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
And yet people all over the world talk about easily players go down. It hurts, I'm not saying it doesn't but as a goalie you can't do that to your team. At least face the field and be aware of what's going on.

Thing is he probably assumed it was an Arsenal player that stepped on him, so naturally the keepers stay down if they feel contact in corners or free kicks. IT's standard goalkeeper behaviour.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's a good time for Arsenal to finish top four actually. Spurs are just average and United are completely terrible. Would be a big deal to hold onto this result.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Thing is he probably assumed it was an Arsenal player that stepped on him, so naturally the keepers stay down if they feel contact in corners or free kicks. IT's standard goalkeeper behaviour.
Some weak ass standards there.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
White all kinds of bad there. Terrible clearance and failed to pick up Bruno.

but real quality from united it was coming.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Very disappointed with how we played after scoring that goal. Way too passive and invited them to score

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Very disappointed with how we played after scoring that goal. Way too passive and invited them to score
Yeah, there is no need to have everyone defend the box after going up 1-0 in a game like this. Show some cutting-edge and try to put United under pressure instead of just inviting wave after wave of unearned pressure. We just give the other team so much space to work with for no reason...

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
This team needs to start playing football again and shake off the respect that we’ve given this United team. Go for the kill in the second half or we will miss out on a huge opportunity.

Reactions: luiginb and S E P H

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Bizarre half of football. Correct call on Arsenal goal, United bad, Arsenal worse.

Carrick with Pep levels of Big Brain Thinking playing Rashford on the right and Sancho on the left and both being terrible. Rashford looks completely uninterested.

Reactions: Venkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad