GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 14

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I missed that live but I think it's clear from the rest of my comment that I've seen the match, no?

Just saw it and you're right, that's a penalty for me.
I was being unfair. They talked about it a lot on the US broadcast but I know not everyone was watching that.

Reactions: luiginb

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I never liked Benitez. I have to get it through my chest. He is IMO an over glorified former LFC manager.
I think you're completely wrong here.

I don't like a lot of how Rafa behaves, and things he says. But.... we owe him a lot for a number of things. Probably most importantly, he spoke out and stood up for fans, when LFC ownership was terrible. He did so likely at jeopardy for his own position. He's also been a great member of the community, and, while, it's sad to see where he's gotten now, but I look to the good times, like winning a CL.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think you're completely wrong here.

I don't like a lot of how Rafa behaves, and things he says. But.... we owe him a lot for a number of things. Probably most importantly, he spoke out and stood up for fans, when LFC ownership was terrible. He did so likely at jeopardy for his own position. He's also been a great member of the community, and, while, it's sad to see where he's gotten now, but I look to the good times, like winning a CL.
You can disagree with me fine I just did not like how he handled the team. Mostly the Xabi Alonso saga.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Just saw a replay of the Maguire challenge. Definitely no exaggeration on this board at all about it. Tomiyasu is lucky to still have his arm even attached. Will likely need surgery to repair the extensive ligament damage from that pull.

Seriously though seemed a pretty obvious pen. Couldn’t immediately tell if he was offside or not and how much it occurred outside the box, but clearly VAR should have delayed the restart to check it as if it was inside and continued in the box (looked like it did), then it’s an obvious pen.

Reactions: Gecklund

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The location of away fans is well known. But hey, another CONSPIRACY AGAINST ARSENAL!
Sure but when you’re hit by a coin, hopefully you don’t see it coming or else maybe you should move. And if you don’t see it coming, well then it’s hard to know who threw it.

Ah who am I kidding. Someone posted a picture on Twitter, it’s unassailable truth.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Just saw a replay of the Maguire challenge. Definitely no exaggeration on this board at all about it. Tomiyasu is lucky to still have his arm even attached. Will likely need surgery to repair the extensive ligament damage from that pull.

Seriously though seemed a pretty obvious pen. Couldn’t immediately tell if he was offside or not and how much it occurred outside the box, but clearly VAR should have delayed the restart to check it as if it was inside and continued in the box (looked like it did), then it’s an obvious pen.
I don’t think the foul was that bad. It was just so blatantly obvious. Offside is the only thing I hadn’t considered.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
You can disagree with me fine I just did not like how he handled the team. Mostly the Xabi Alonso saga.

I agree with the Xabi bit. But that has nothing to do with how I feel about him as a man and providing him support for what he did for the club.

I won't agree with all of the managers of Liverpool, and I don't agree with what Klopp does at times, but I think for Rafa, he was a good man who always did what he could for the supporters. Even under a really trying time.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sure but when you’re hit by a coin, hopefully you don’t see it coming or else maybe you should move. And if you don’t see it coming, well then it’s hard to know who threw it.

Ah who am I kidding. Someone posted a picture on Twitter, it’s unassailable truth.

I guess you missed the part about the disabled section...

Aah, who are we kidding, Arsenal fans can't behave badly, mightiest fans in the world.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don’t think the foul was that bad. It was just so blatantly obvious. Offside is the only thing I hadn’t considered.

I was just making fun of SEPH because I literally can’t tell if he’s serious or Poe’s law.

Would be nice if the PL released statements explaining the decision on stuff like this like the NBA does. Oh well.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
That wasn't inside the stadium.

The appropriate response from bluesfan94 should've been "I hope this "fan" was caught on camera and arrested. No reason to tarnish the reputation of all the other fans."

Why does Old Trafford put the most vulnerable beside the away fans?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Managed to watch last night's game on replay because I was bored. I find it absolutely hilarious that someone on this board said Partey is a "Top 5 pivot player in the world", less than 3 months ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad