GWT: PL Matchweek 9

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Manchester United Caved in.. but LFC need to show anger they were playing way too passive for most of the game.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A point for United before the match sounds good all things considered, but after he match must be a letdown. Still some positives from that performance they might be able to build on.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
United tried to park the bus to a 1-0 win. Deserved draw all things considered.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Said this last year and haven’t changed my opinion: a point at Old Trafford is a good result and part of a recipe for a successful season.
I don’t agree. Margin for error is too small. Liverpool needs to find a way to win those

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Which is why he has never won at old Trafford
Maybe. There’s a lot of reasons.

I mean, players who are normally trash have 8 out of 10 because this match is United’s Super Bowl. Players who haven’t scored in months look like world beaters.

For Liverpool they play scared.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe. There’s a lot of reasons.

I mean, players who are normally trash have 8 out of 10 because this match is United’s Super Bowl. Players who haven’t scored in months look like world beaters.

For Liverpool they play scared.
It’s not an easy away fixture but if Liverpool shows urgency there, I doubt United could have dealt with them. Hard to say though. Expected a 0-1. Probably should have been 0-1.

United didn’t do anything and got very favorable officiating. Liverpool showed more in the last ten minutes than either team showed the rest of the game.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They should win it, and it’s tough not to, but that single match shouldn’t be the reason they win or lose the title.

they’ve been playing poorly and stealing all 3, today they only got one. They need to discover some form, or the lead they had over City will he gone. I did like what Lallana, Ox and Keita can bring, because it is clear their midfield needs some rest (Mane and Bobby too)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean if anything this just reinforces how much they need. Forward in January

Capz

Jul 1, 2019
Liverpool were not at their best, bad delivery from the fullbacks which is key for the team. Will take a point with how the game went. Atkinson was horrendous but thats to be expected in the pl. Missed salah down the right as well creating that width and taking people on. 6 points up! YNWA

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Or Shaqiri fit. My question is still how Brewster can’t get a sniff.

I realize they have to say that he’s part of the plan, but if he can’t make the bench today, it doesn’t look like anyone buys that

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
And they're on pace for 106.

I can't imagine what it must be like to always think the worst about your team no matter what.
Yeah I mean, they’re playing poorly and still 6 clear. They haven’t lost in the EPL in forever (after only losing once last year), and yeah they should be better, but they have a lot to work on

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Atkinson away from 3 points there. Less said the better honestly. Atkinson probably stopped more Liverpool attacks then any United player. Probably need to beat City now. This game was equivalent to the Tottenham game for them week 2 I guess.
Comparing this to the City Tottenham game is laughable.

Reactions: AB13

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Lol, Liverpool...couldn't beat a scrub second rate club. Amazing result for Man United though, congrats.
To be faire Manchester United played better with their scrub second rate club than Arsenal did against Liverpool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad