Sunday 20 October

Man United X Liverpool

Monday 21 October

Sheffield United X Arsenal

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Alisson, Matip and Salah are fit for Liverpool. Klopp has never won at Old Trafford. Making Mrs. Savant watch during wedding anniversary weekend. Really, really, really hope to get 3 here or it’s going to be a long four hour drive home. Don’t think it’ll be a cakewalk

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Pogba ruled out for Liverpool clash while de Gea is considered questionable to start at this point. They will reassess him in the next couple of days.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Everton X West Ham 1-2
Aston Villa X Brighton 2-2
Bournemouth X Norwich 1-0
Chelsea X Newcastle 2-0
Leicester X Burnley 3-1
Tottenham X Watford 1-0
Wolves X Southampton 2-1
Crystal Palace X Man City 1-4

Man United X Liverpool 0-9

Sheffield United X Arsenal 1-1

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
I don’t get why they have Arsenal playing on a Monday before a Europa League week? This will be the 2nd of 3 times that will happen out of the 6 group stage games. It isn’t a huge deal, but it just seems weird?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pogba ruled out for Liverpool clash while de Gea is considered questionable to start at this point. They will reassess him in the next couple of days.

He's out. The injury isn't as bad as they feared (not out until the next international break) but he's definitely out. AWB might start but Martial sounds likely to start on the bench at best.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Alisson, Matip and Salah are fit for Liverpool. Klopp has never won at Old Trafford. Making Mrs. Savant watch during wedding anniversary weekend. Really, really, really hope to get 3 here or it’s going to be a long four hour drive home. Don’t think it’ll be a cakewalk
Klopp didn’t say they were fit. He said they’re looking better but doesn’t know if they’ll play Sunday....

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Salah will play. I'd really like to see him keep Gomez in and give him a run of games much like Matip got last season.

Also if Liverpool win on Sunday they will equal 2 PL (to be clear these are PL and not first division) records: most consecutive wins, and best start to a PL season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp didn’t say they were fit. He said they’re looking better but doesn’t know if they’ll play Sunday....
Said they were fit when I posted on Wednesday. Think he is taking the piss with United’s injury report honestly.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
OGS can’t coach his way out of a wet paper bag, is losing against Newcastle, drawing garbage Eastern European teams, going to pens against lower league teams, etc. but somehow he’s going to boss Klopp around with an injury report. Totally checks out.

Just you wait. This is the game that will turn the season around. OGS has just been hustling us the entire time.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Who even cares if he is lying about it? Even with Pogba and de Gea United have played like hot garbage this year (not trying to rub it in, just pointing out). What benefit does United even have by making something like this up, and who cares if they are? I don't know why this is even a point of discussion. There's no need for mind games here; either Liverpool goes and performs or they put up a dud and drop points but there's absolutely no reason they shouldn't win this game regardless of whether or not United are at full strength. As mentioned before Liverpool are at a level where they can implement their game (and I know Klopp/Ljinders are meticulous so they will still gameplan based on the other team to an extent) and not worry about the opposition too much, especially in this case.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It's kind of funny that Liverpool can't really win in this game. If they win, it's not a huge victory, if they draw/lose, it's a huge deal. Whereas for United they're expected to get blown out so a draw/win is huge for them. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's kind of funny that Liverpool can't really win in this game. If they win, it's not a huge victory, if they draw/lose, it's a huge deal. Whereas for United they're expected to get blown out so a draw/win is huge for them. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else.
Yeah I mean...that's unfortunately the burden of being considered a favourite or one of the best teams out there. Though I do think Liverpool will get more credit for this win than is necessarily warranted simply because of the records it could match/reach and the historical significance of winning at Old Trafford.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Who even cares if he is lying about it? Even with Pogba and de Gea United have played like hot garbage this year (not trying to rub it in, just pointing out). What benefit does United even have by making something like this up, and who cares if they are? I don't know why this is even a point of discussion. There's no need for mind games here; either Liverpool goes and performs or they put up a dud and drop points but there's absolutely no reason they shouldn't win this game regardless of whether or not United are at full strength. As mentioned before Liverpool are at a level where they can implement their game (and I know Klopp/Ljinders are meticulous so they will still gameplan based on the other team to an extent) and not worry about the opposition too much, especially in this case.

As I said in the PL thread, even if Pogba and DDG were playing it doesn't change much. You guys are clearly the superior team and those two wouldn't make that big of a difference.

Reactions: YNWA14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
OGS can’t coach his way out of a wet paper bag, is losing against Newcastle, drawing garbage Eastern European teams, going to pens against lower league teams, etc. but somehow he’s going to boss Klopp around with an injury report. Totally checks out.

Since when is Holland in Eastern Europe? Nitpicking a justified rant but that's us Finns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->