GWT: PL Matchweek 9

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Couple of times now James could have played an early ball into Rashford and he would have been almost in alone, but he just didn't see it.

That's kinda been the story of James so far. He's got a lot of talent, but just isn't a really smart player so he misses a number of runs, either by teammates or that he's supposed to make.

Actually Rashford was in an offside position a couple of times which is probably why he didn't play the ball.

Reactions: Cassano

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Actually Rashford was in an offside position a couple of times which is probably why he didn't play the ball.

He only ended up offside because James didn't play the first time ball. He controlled it, then had a look. That's where the lack of football IQ comes in. A smart attacker knows where Rashford is and doesn't need to control the ball and then look.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not thrilled with how the goal went in, but I said before the game that I'd consider a point a big achievement given everything going on and I still feel that way.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He only ended up offside because James didn't play the first time ball. He controlled it, then had a look. That's where the lack of football IQ comes in. A smart attacker knows where Rashford is and doesn't need to control the ball and then look.

Not on one of the plays where Rashford would have been well through. Also, there's a difference between ability and IQ. And I wouldn't complain much about James today. Watch the first goal again.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not on one of the plays where Rashford would have been well through. Also, there's a difference between ability and IQ. And I wouldn't complain much about James today. Watch the first goal again.

I wasn't meaning to complain about James, just noting that the lack of vision/IQ is what prevents him from having elite potential. He can still be very good.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Atkinson away from 3 points there. Less said the better honestly. Atkinson probably stopped more Liverpool attacks then any United player. Probably need to beat City now. This game was equivalent to the Tottenham game for them week 2 I guess.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Said this last year and haven’t changed my opinion: a point at Old Trafford is a good result and part of a recipe for a successful season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad