GWT: PL matchweek 4

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That's why we need players like N'Zonzi to make us a top team again. We haven't been a top team for like 7 years, that's why change was needed - we're like you lot as Liverpool before Klopp joined the club.
I don't think Nzonzi is significantly better than Coquelin. I'd rather have Guendouzi and Torreira who can grow with the team.

We need new wingers though badly. And new fullbacks + CBs. Basically the whole back 4 needs to be replaced.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Spurs shouldn't havr won last week, and they shouldn't have lost today. Still highly disappointing. Would be nice if Eriksen would show up this year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
.......seriously?
Yes, Nzonzi is nothing special TBH. Great at winning the ball, but I don't see think the rest of his qualities are good enough. I don't see how his addition to Arsenal would make the team significantly better. I wouldn't start him as well.

Coquelin is pretty underrated as well. He was having a great start for a strong Valencia team before he got knocked out long term.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Spurs shouldn't havr won last week, and they shouldn't have lost today. Still highly disappointing. Would be nice if Eriksen would show up this year.

Huh and just a couple months ago when this forum was briefly the centre of the world I had a Danish fan on here telling me he no longer had a problem with consistency and was basically the same level as Modric.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yes, Nzonzi is nothing special TBH. Great at winning the ball, but I don't see think the rest of his qualities are good enough. I don't see how his addition to Arsenal would make the team significantly better. I wouldn't start him as well.

Coquelin is pretty underrated as well. He was having a great start for a strong Valencia team before he got knocked out long term.

You don't think Nzonzi would start for Arsenal?..... over Xhaka?

Lawd have mercy.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This reminds me of the years when some of us were convinced that Charlie Adam would be good enough to start for a team like Liverpool. Xhaka isn't quite that bad but he plays awfully similar and is also garbage.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Or when Henderson was the best B2B midfielder in the world. Remember that stuff?

Or Benteke scoring enough goals to get Liverpool in the top four.

Overall point is that Xhaka is really really shit. Scoring 1 or 2 goals a season from 30 yards doesn't even come close to making up for all the bad stuff he does.

Also N'Zonzi is a lot better than him.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
This reminds me of the years when some of us were convinced that Charlie Adam would be good enough to start for a team like Liverpool. Xhaka isn't quite that bad but he plays awfully similar and is also garbage.
No one said anything about Xhaka starting then lol.

I would start Ozil Torreira and Ramsey over Nzonzi though. All three are significantly better players.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Xhaka is one of the lowest IQ players I have ever watched at this level. He just makes so many terrible decisions it's unbelievable.

Reactions: All Might

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Xhaka should not be starting and yes that mental lapse before the half was terrible. But other than the large mistake I thought he played a solid game today.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
No, Xhaka shouldn't be starting either...

I would start Ozil Torreira and Ramsey over Nzonzi though. All three are significantly better players.

Emery is predominantly a 4-2-3-1 coach , is he not?

Torreira is a good player (but still a little unproven), Guendouzi is a kid , and Xhaka is a disaster.

You're trying to tell me Nzonzi, currently in his absolute prime, wouldn't walk right into that starting lineup as a holding midfielder and be positive contributor?

Ozil and Ramsey are entirely different players. And no, Torreira is not "significantly better" as a holding midfielder than Nzonzi. In fact, as someone who follows Serie A , I'm pretty confident Nzonzi is actually better. Maybe Torreira will surpass him eventually -- but it isn't today.

This is a bit much.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
LOL

It’s not Anti-Arsenal to point out how bad they are.

I just don't think they are as bad as people everywhere make them out to be. The Man City loss is tough however it was Unai's first game at the helm and its City; and the Chelsea game was an unlucky loss. They scraped by today but they have been solid thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad