GWT: PL matchweek 4

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Fellaini actually had a good game. Fulfilled his role perfectly. Used his strengths and didn't try to do anything he shouldn't try to.
I actually think Mou was brilliant bringing him in. Burnley are purely direct. There’s very few if any players that have the creativity needed. While Matic is good in the air, that’s all Felliani does.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
On second view, I think Lukaku tried to countertackle the defender too much on that breakaway (great throughball from Pogba).

Even Mourinho praised Fellaini.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well they just beat the Spurs. Isn’t that one of the criteria for being a good team? Winning when not at your best.

I wouldn’t say beating Spurs means much with how bad they played.

I would say a criteria for being a good team is having talent and Watford has none.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Watford wasn't at their best, but they weren't awful, it's just their style of play. They are generally fine with conceding possession if the other team is going to pass it around the perimeter, but they destroy teams with counter attacks.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I wouldn’t say beating Spurs means much with how bad they played.

I would say a criteria for being a good team is having talent and Watford has none.
Beating a top 6 team in the PL always means something. Watford has plenty of talent. Take the loss and move on.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Beating a top 6 team in the PL always means something. Watford has plenty of talent. Take the loss and move on.

I am not sure Spurs are a top 6 team this year.

I guess good for Watford for getting the points but I don’t think it means much going forward.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
"Rashford's a naive boy, playing a against a veteran" was more or less what Mourinho said about the incident. Rashford's immaturity is what United fans have brought up as his major weakness so far.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Who are your top 6?

I don’t really think there is a top 6 like in many years where those 6 teams are clearly above everyone one else.

I think you have:

City

Liverpool/Chelsea

United

And a pile of crap behind those teams.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What a wonderful week of football. Arsenal won, United won keeping Moaninho there longer, and Spurs lost. However I have some complaints...

- That set piece defending was at Arsene Wenger type of atrociousness. Emery needs to do better there, no way should Ramsey be marking an effin CB.

- Xhaka needs to GTFO off the team as soon as possible for whatever fee we can get. Arsenal are the only top team that I can think of which gives oppositions freebie goals and Xhaka epitomizes this all the way to Oxford's dictionary.

- Mustafi is also a huge weak link with a brainless body that goes along. If he wants to keep doing the commie eagle celebration, he can go back to Albania and start a new revolution. Take your Balkan **** talent buddy Xhaka with you.

- Ramsey was absolutely putrid today and hasn't had a good game as long as I can remember. He is such a ****ing ball hog and today his decision-making in the final third was shambolic. I much rather put Ozil in the CAM slot and put Ramsey on flank, even if he looks bad there.

- Someone mentioned that Arsenal desperately needs N'Zonzi and I don't disagree here. Put a partnership of Torriera -N'Zonzi in the back to cover up for Ozil's deficiencies as a CAM. Buy Forsberg for a winger and play Auba as the opposite winger and this team can start going places. Moreover, not sure if Torriera is a proper CDM - he looks more like a DLP with defending duties. His passing game though is insane as you lads saw with Laca's GWG (makes Wilshere quite forgettable).

- Lacazette looks like a new man, complete revelation. Ozil was also quite good, but we already knew that he's a small team destroyer.

My god is Arsenal awful.

I didn't think of the top 6 had a chance to finish outside of the top 6 but I think Arsenal has a real chance to.
Lol, I love karma.

Utd have played worse. They didn't even deserve to win their first game vs. Leicester.
If you think about it, Arsenal should be 3-1 if Auba didn't resemble his inner Chamakh as they would've been up 4-2 on Chelsea at halftime killing their morale.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Roma just bought N'Zonzi, so that's off the table. Also Arsenal gives up those goals because they are not currently a top team.
That's why we need players like N'Zonzi to make us a top team again. We haven't been a top team for like 7 years, that's why change was needed - we're like you lot as Liverpool before Klopp joined the club.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
- Xhaka needs to GTFO off the team as soon as possible for whatever fee we can get. Arsenal are the only top team that I can think of which gives oppositions freebie goals and Xhaka epitomizes this all the way to Oxford's dictionary.

I'm all for sticking by a player and giving him chances to succeed, but this has gone too far. He needs a spell on the bench. I would love to see the young partnership of Torreira and Guendouzi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad