GWT: PL Matchweek 37

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I've seen crazier honestly. Like Chelsea drawing ****ing Bolton at home.

It's not over until they win the last game.
I mean, crazy shit happens all the time. City just beat Leicester on a goal from a centreback from 30 yards out that was essentially hit with the outside of the foot, and then a 'promising' striker at the other end missed the net by about 20 yards when he was less than 10 away.

That said, City are too good, too experienced and Brighton is frankly too shit to stop City on the run their on.

I always felt City were favourites, especially after beating Liverpool, but it still hurts to watch it unfold.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'll give a f*** about the Brighton match when I see Henderson lifting the trophy. Not a minute sooner.

I'm not letting City suck me in so they can rip my soul from my chest again.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wolves are no cakewalk, and likely missing Salah and Firmino as well. They just need to focus on winning the games ahead of them and nothing else. It would be a very Liverpool end to the season to have City drop points to Brighton only for us to drop them to Wolverhampton.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I mean, crazy **** happens all the time. City just beat Leicester on a goal from a centreback from 30 yards out that was essentially hit with the outside of the foot, and then a 'promising' striker at the other end missed the net by about 20 yards when he was less than 10 away.

That said, City are too good, too experienced and Brighton is frankly too **** to stop City on the run their on.

I always felt City were favourites, especially after beating Liverpool, but it still hurts to watch it unfold.

It's a lot harder to win that last game away from home. On that QPR day, United scraped it against a horrid Sunderland team. I remember them having to park the bus for a stretch.

We'll see what happens.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I dont expect anything.

Manchester City not dropping any point since they got the lead has been truly remarkable. Now I say go against Barca with no pressure. Even if they loose heavily better try to get a direct results than wish from other teams to have results.

Reactions: Live in the Now

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Would love to watch Brighton get some revenge on City after the FA Cup Semi Final match, added bonus that it could ruin their trophy hopes.

That being said I doubt they win (sorry Pool fans). We will try and defend and we may knick one if CH plays with offense in mind like this past weekend, but City will wear us down over time and likely score a couple. Doubt we will be able to match that.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Liverpool's scenarios are:

Win and City draw/loss
Draw and City loss by 5 goals or 4 goals while Liverpool score 5 more goals than City (ie, 5-5 draw, 0-4 loss, or 0-0 draw 0-5 loss)

Personally I'm banking on a 4-4 Liverpool draw and a 0-4 City loss so that there's a 1 game neutral site playoff for the championship.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Personally I'm banking on a 4-4 Liverpool draw and a 0-4 City loss so that there's a 1 game neutral site playoff for the championship.

OMG that would be amazing as a neutral.

Forget anything I said about Brighton, they are winning this game 4-0!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Brighton is 6-5-7 at home

giphy.gif

1 win, 1 draw, 3 losses against the top 6. (win against United, draw against Arsenal)

giphy.gif

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
We need them to QPR without the QPR.

Only this time, people will be rooting for the lower ranked team.

City has become the team they were trying to overtake. 7 years ago, they were the team many pulled for on the final day. Now, many will be pulling against them.

Now, they have assumed the role of the overdog.

They are the new Manchester United.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If somehow that championship neutral game came to be it would be a fitting end to this historic season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad