GWT: PL Matchweek 37

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Just watched the game, that was a special goal by Kompany. Really incredible.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I saw Titus Bramble hit a belter against us about 10 years ago finishing off a stretch of horrible results that tanked our potential for a title challenge. As far as players who scored big goals go, that was probably the worst.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I saw Titus Bramble hit a belter against us about 10 years ago finishing off a stretch of horrible results that tanked our potential for a title challenge. As far as players who scored big goals go, that was probably the worst.
When Kompany scored the first thing I though of was the screamer that Jagielka scored against us not that long ago.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He can't. That was his first outside the box shot on target since 2013
Like, I wanna know what we did.

In Chicago it was a billy goat. In Boston it was Babe f***ing Ruth.

I wanna know who, specifically, we pissed off.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
lol, I can't speak for the English media, but almost every neutral I know wants City to win.

Not sure why Pep cares about that, really. Weird way to create a siege mentality if that's his plan - especially for the last game of the season.

"Us against the media, boys!" ... doesn't really get me fired up. I guess "no one believed in us", doesn't really work when literally everyone thought you'd win the title at the beginning of the season.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You bought the most expensive keeper in history. Do you really have a leg to stand on?

And if you read the article and not the sensationalized headline it was hardly "slamming".
The response(s) was/were pretty expected.

That said if you think buying Alisson makes Liverpool comparable to City well......you're forgetting we also bought the most expensive defender in history, so.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The response(s) was/were pretty expected.

That said if you think buying Alisson makes Liverpool comparable to City well......you're forgetting we also bought the most expensive defender in history, so.

They only bought those players because Barcelona were morons who gave them a ton of money for a bang average player. It's not the same thing.

Reactions: YNWA14

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pool shouldn't complain about the spending.
They have bought the most expensive defenseman and the most expensive keeper in less than 6 months. All the while signing possibly the most expensive DM ever (haven't checked that one) and the most expensive CM as well (same here). They're well on their way to be a huge spender.
Sure City spends more. But please... Have a little awareness of the world around.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad