Sunday 5 May
Chelsea / Watford
Huddersfield / Manchester United

Arsenal / Brighton

Monday 6 May
Manchester City / Leicester

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm not sure if I'll survive the following week if Spurs draw or lose against Bournemouth. So so important to win. Go into the midweek game against Ajax knowing top 4 is secured.

Not confident at all that the "right" team shows up though. I thought after the second half against City and a good game against City in the CL QF first leg that Spurs would finally find some mojo. Last 60 mins against Ajax were OK and they did beat Huddersfield 4-0, but it has been a bit hit and miss and certainly not any consistent mojo.

1 point is a must. Then Utd can't catch Spurs and 1 point against Everton would secure top 4 on goal difference vs. Arsenal (unless they catch up 9 goals in those two games).

I think Spurs will end up top 4, but there is something about losing something that was basically secured. The pressure to perform against Everton will be insane if Spurs lose this.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Everton want that 'best of the rest' award - going with a full strength XI today.

I mean, it's not just a useless title, there's a very, very high chance 7th gets a place in the Europa league. Even if you just bomb out at the group stage (like Everton did last year) you're still pulling in an extra ~15m. If you make a deep run you could easily get an extra 30m-40m as an English club.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I mean, it's not just a useless title, there's a very, very high chance 7th gets a place in the Europa league. Even if you just bomb out at the group stage (like Everton did last year) you're still pulling in an extra ~15m. If you make a deep run you could easily get an extra 30m-40m as an English club.

You're right - I forgot they changed the rule for cup runners-up.

Anyway, 2-0 now.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I would say Richarlison being offside affected play if Heaton hadn't struggled with that parry so much. Seeing someone unmarked is going to affect where you parry the ball. But Heaton didn't push it back across goal because of that. He just misread it and it moved back on him

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Bournemouth starting 19 year old goalkeeper Mark Travers from Ireland today in his debut and he looks like Lev Yashin.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Foyth sent off too. Down to 9.

But Bournemouth have been playing scared even with 11.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Why are players allowed to prevent the opposing team to take a quick freekick like Wilson just did on that offside? Never understood that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think the Spursy thing is kinda whatever, but if there was a situation...

Holding on for that long with 9 men only to concede in extra time on a corner.

Also Dele and Rose are just so dislikeable. I like a lot of the Spurs players but those two are just the worst.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Clinch scenarios for the rest of the weekend:

City - Will win the title with a win and Liverpool loss. Getting the same or more points than Liverpool will mean they control their destiny on championship Sunday.
Liverpool - Can’t clinch. Will control their own destiny with a win and City dropping points.
Goal differential will only matter if something crazy like a City loss and Liverpool draw both happen.
Tottenham - can clinch top 4 with an Arsenal loss and United dropping points. Realistically an Arsenal draw and United dropping points would also do it since they’re +8 on GD vs Arsenal.
They will control their destiny next week either way.
Chelsea - can clinch top 4 with a win and both Arsenal and United dropping points (realistically a win makes United irrelevant since they’re +8 goal differential).
A win, or getting more points than Arsenal will mean they control their destiny next weekend.

Arsenal - can be eliminated from top 4 by dropping points and a Chelsea win. A win and a Chelsea loss mean they control their destiny.

United - Will be eliminated with
- loss and (Chelsea getting at least a point or Arsenal winning); or
- draw and (Chelsea winning or Arsenal winning)

Realistically though they need a win and for Chelsea to drop points since they’re so far back on GD.

A win would keep them alive until next week regardless of other results, they can’t control their own destiny next week baring something ridiculous like an 8-0 win

Edit:

Wolves - clinch 7th with a win. Control their own destiny no matter what.

Southampton- technically clinch safety with a point or Cardiff dropping points. Realistically already safe due to GD.
Brighton - clinch safety with a win or (draw and Cardiff dropping points). Realistically Cardiff drawing will keep them safe due to GD.

Cardiff - technically can stay alive by getting more points than Brighton (win vs loss/draw or draw vs. loss). Realistically, they need a win and for Brighton to drop points due to GD.

Last edited:

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Leicester can still finish level on Wolves with 57 points but no one wants that.

Will be interesting to see how Wolves deals with Europa travel and maybe having injuries next year. They were incredibly healthy this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad