GWT: PL Matchweek 3

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Fixed.

Roy Keane saying Neves looking at the ref and then going down played it in favor of United.
Again I don’t give a flying fig how a former United player rationalizes his team again getting away with favorable reffing decisions and I’m not surprised Keane is used to it.

what I care about is that a clear and obvious yellow card turned into a goal

but more embarrassing is that you forgot Howard was a United keeper.

Reactions: luiginb

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Didn't deserve to win that. Really poor performance. Greenwood and de Gea saving the day. Decent debut for Varane but Sancho wasn't in the game at all.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
But he took the ball :laugh:

I feel unborn again because we are clearly living in the 70s.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Neves got the ball and Pogba went over the ball and put his studs into his shin. If he didn't glance off him and planted his foot onto his shin, he may have broken it. That is 100% a red.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Again I don’t give a flying fig how a former United player rationalizes his team again getting away with favorable reffing decisions and I’m not surprised Keane is used to it.

what I care about is that a clear and obvious yellow card turned into a goal

but more embarrassing is that you forgot Howard was a United keeper.

He spent way more time at Everton. No one considers him a Red really.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's pretty clear to me what happened.

Dean was standing 3 feet away looking at it. In his opinion both players went in to boot the ball, Neves got there first, Pogba got a bit of the ball, then went over it, and caught a piece of Neves' shinpad. Dean, for whatever reason, decided that wasn't a foul. I'm assuming that Neves taking two steps, turning to Dean to yell, and only then going down played a part in it.

VAR takes a look, they have a conversation and Dean tells VAR what he saw. VAR confirms that's what happened and thus it isn't a "clear and obvious error" because it wasn't his view of the situation that was wrong but his judgement. VAR is never gonna tell an on field official that he saw what happened but his judgement was wrong so he should go back and check, regardless of if that *should* happen or not.

Reactions: Jussi

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Dean was standing 3 feet away looking at it. In his opinion both players went in to boot the ball, Neves got there first, Pogba got a bit of the ball, then went over it, and caught a piece of Neves' shinpad. Dean, for whatever reason, decided that wasn't a foul. I'm assuming that Neves taking two steps, turning to Dean to yell, and only then going down played a part in it.

VAR takes a look, they have a conversation and Dean tells VAR what he saw. VAR confirms that's what happened and thus it isn't a "clear and obvious error" because it wasn't his view of the situation that was wrong but his judgement. VAR is never gonna tell an on field official that he saw what happened but his judgement was wrong so he should go back and check, regardless of if that *should* happen or not.
Probably plays out differently if Neves pulls a Bruno and goes down, writhing in agony. Probably not the kind of shit we want to encourage to make sure calls are getting made correctly.

Reactions: luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

This.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
No ref should rely on what he thought he saw. What I learned from today´s Spurs game.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
This is what you get with VAR. Instead of discussing ridiculous decisions taken through VAR you now get a discussion about if VAR should be used. All good fun. And if you don´t like it you are a stupid fan not understanding that the world goes "forward".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad