GWT: PL Matchweek 3

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Manchester United of course. I respect them as a rival and great club, but they've also historically gotten majority of the 50/50 calls going their way. Plus there have been articles published indicating that a handful of EPL refs favourite team growing up has been United and that doesn't necessarily change just because some bloke went through refereeing school. Case in point, Wayne Rooney's dive for a penalty that ended Arsenal's Invincible run.

I thought you were referencing a single player, namely Pogba, which confused me as I have no idea how anyone would ever call him a Golden Child of the EPL.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Manchester United of course. I respect them as a rival and great club, but they've also historically gotten majority of the 50/50 calls going their way. Plus there have been articles published indicating that a handful of EPL refs favourite team growing up has been United and that doesn't necessarily change just because some bloke went through refereeing school. Case in point, Wayne Rooney's dive for a penalty that ended Arsenal's Invincible run.

Good teams gets themselves in position to get those calls with them more often, it was clear as day with Liverpool last season. I haven't seen any data on it, but I could almost guarantee United' SAF era compared to post SAF looks way different in that regard

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad