GWT: PL Matchweek 3

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm assuming that Neves taking two steps, turning to Dean to yell, and only then going down played a part in it.
To me, it looked like a pretty classic case of studs swiping across an ankle. It didn't really put Neves off, and then he took a step onto that ankle and that's when it hurts. But regardless, awful call (not that you're disputing that).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Fixed.

Roy Keane saying Neves looking at the ref and then going down played it in favor of United.

Now that I heard what he actually said, I love how you omitted that Keane said it was a foul. He said it in plain English. That's f***ing classic for you to not include that. I can think of very few more dishonest posts my whole time here.

Roy Keane: "The real frustration for Wolves is that they've played really well and still lost the game," he said. "It rubs salt into the wounds. We all like the physical part of the game, but today I think that was a foul."

"Usually, when a poor decision is made we talk about the referee's position but [Mike Dean] is in a great position. There was contact and I think it was a foul. Their biggest frustration is that they've lost the game."

"If he gives that as a foul, not one Manchester United player would've complained. Most fouls come from a bad touch, and Pogba took a bad touch there. He's chasing after it but I think Neves could've been a bit smarter."

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I’ve said this before to much disagreement but Wolves were horrendous under Nuno. I dreaded when United played them - and ws seemed to face them 3/4 times every season with cup ties. Boring terrible shit
At least they had Traore, Neto, Podence or Jota, who were exciting individually. Can't compare them to the likes of Bergwijn.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Now that I heard what he actually said, I love how you omitted that Keane said it was a foul. He said it in plain English. That's f***ing classic for you to not include that. I can think of very few more dishonest posts my whole time here.

My stream was buffering a lot after the game (even during it), I simply didn't hear it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Don’t you disrespect elite tactical genius Ole like that.

I actually think my favorite part is that you have all of the attackers are blitzing forward in a straight line, you can see all but one Wolves outfield player, at least 8 of them are in their own half….and I have zero idea where the CBs are or how far behind the midfield they are.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Again I don’t give a flying fig how a former United player rationalizes his team again getting away with favorable reffing decisions and I’m not surprised Keane is used to it.

what I care about is that a clear and obvious yellow card turned into a goal

but more embarrassing is that you forgot Howard was a United keeper.
Where was this energy when Bruno got fouled against Southampton?

Reactions: Jussi

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haha. Reminds me a bit of van Dijk.

This is what is so annoying with VAR. Mistakes happen in "real life", but you got to wonder what the point is when you see things like we saw in this match. Not as a conspiracy, but just the incompetence.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

All we fans want is consistency and I understand it won't happen all the time. However, the corrupt EPL refrees are on another level of just being the most despicable people on Earth. Anthony Taylor is a fraud and him looking at a screenshot of Reece James is unacceptable (even if it was the right call in the end). Atkinson is another terrible person and don't get me started on Mike Dean. If Xhaka's play was a red, which we all agree on here it was, how does the EPL's golden child get away with the same - and you can argue - worse off tackle? I am ashamed to be a fan of a club in this league at times.

Reactions: AB13

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
All we fans want is consistency and I understand it won't happen all the time. However, the corrupt EPL refrees are on another level of just being the most despicable people on Earth. Anthony Taylor is a fraud and him looking at a screenshot of Reece James is unacceptable (even if it was the right call in the end). Atkinson is another terrible person and don't get me started on Mike Dean. If Xhaka's play was a red, which we all agree on here it was, how does the EPL's golden child get away with the same - and you can argue - worse off tackle? I am ashamed to be a fan of a club in this league at times.

Wait, who are you referencing as the EPL’s golden child?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wait, who are you referencing as the EPL’s golden child?
Manchester United of course. I respect them as a rival and great club, but they've also historically gotten majority of the 50/50 calls going their way. Plus there have been articles published indicating that a handful of EPL refs favourite team growing up has been United and that doesn't necessarily change just because some bloke went through refereeing school. Case in point, Wayne Rooney's dive for a penalty that ended Arsenal's Invincible run.

Reactions: AB13

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Manchester United of course. I respect them as a rival and great club, but they've also historically gotten majority of the 50/50 calls going their way. Plus there have been articles published indicating that a handful of EPL refs favourite team growing up has been United and that doesn't necessarily change just because some bloke went through refereeing school. Case in point, Wayne Rooney's dive for a penalty that ended Arsenal's Invincible run.
You mean like the call that didn't get made that led to a goal against last week? Where was the energy for that missed call last week?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad