GWT: PL Matchweek 3

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Not the best round of games this weekend tbh, Chelsea v Liverpool was looking good till that idiot ruined it with a red for an accidental handball.

Players still catching up in fitness I guess.....oh wait int'l break :ha:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
A team with Fred starting in midfield just set a record for most consecutive away games without a loss. Never want to hear anything about supposed farmer’s leagues again.
I think as soon as someone says farmers you can take it to the bank they’re clueless.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They showed replays from good angles on Sky Sports and even Jamie Carragher thought it wasn't a foul.
You know you’re allowed to think for yourself right?

anyway, NBCSN guys think it’s a foul and clear and obvious including former red devil Tim Howard if that’s all that matters to you.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Just now seen that Pogba’s challenge turned Neves’ shin pad around. That’s an unfortunate missed foul.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think the biggest thing that the post game show is missing is that Dean didn’t rule no contact, he ruled that Pogba got the ball.

He seems to make a clear ball signal to one of the Wolves players yelling at him.

If Dean saw the contact, but ruled it wasn’t a foul, it’s hard to call that a clear and obvious error that it wasn’t the case.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think the biggest thing that the post game show is missing is that Dean didn’t rule no contact, he ruled that Pogba got the ball.

He seems to make a clear ball signal to one of the Wolves players yelling at him.

If Dean saw the contact, but ruled it wasn’t a foul, it’s hard to call that a clear and obvious error that it wasn’t the case.
That’s even worse cause pogba went over the ball studs up. To think that isn’t a foul should send Dean back to the ref school

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That’s even worse cause pogba went over the ball studs up. To think that isn’t a foul should send Dean back to the ref school

I don’t entirely disagree, but when the ref is standing 2 feet away staring at it and says “here’s what I saw happen and don’t think that’s a foul”, VAR can’t really say it’s a clear and obvious error if that is what actually happened.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don’t entirely disagree, but when the ref is standing 2 feet away staring at it and says “here’s what I saw happen and don’t think that’s a foul”, VAR can’t really say it’s a clear and obvious error if that is what actually happened.
If the VAR told Dean that pogba went over the ball and put his studs into Neves’ ankle and Dean said I saw that and I don’t think it’s a foul, Dean should be forced into retirement. Going studs over the ball into an ankle is always a foul and not giving it a foul - no matter the logic - is a clear and obvious error.

Reactions: Blender

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You know you’re allowed to think for yourself right?

anyway, NBCSN guys think it’s a foul and clear and obvious including former Everton player Tim Howard if that’s all that matters to you.

Fixed.

Roy Keane saying Neves looking at the ref and then going down played it in favor of United.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What possible purpose does Dermott Gallagher serve on the panel? 99.9% of the time he just says whatever the official called was correct.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
What possible purpose does Dermott Gallagher serve on the panel? 99.9% of the time he just says whatever the official called was correct.
Every "ref expert" in every sport is like this. They are so useless. That's why it's so dumb when Jussi trots out Peter Walton every time he agrees with a call in United's favor. Their opinion means less than anyone on this board's.

Reactions: luiginb

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If the VAR told Dean that pogba went over the ball and put his studs into Neves’ ankle and Dean said I saw that and I don’t think it’s a foul, Dean should be forced into retirement. Going studs over the ball into an ankle is always a foul and not giving it a foul - no matter the logic - is a clear and obvious error.

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Every "ref expert" in every sport is like this. They are so useless. That's why it's so dumb when Jussi trots out Peter Walton every time he agrees with a call in United's favor. Their opinion means less than anyone on this board's.

Hm...former professional refs or players versus assclowns on HFBoards? Tough pick.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't mind VAR being used less. So in that sense I don't mind the goal standing.

Dean being a ridiculous ref isn't anything new. Even if Pogba doesn't catch Neves (and he obviously does) - Never clearly pulls out so it should be a free kick regardless. Then again that is what football is. Occasionally you don't get a call and you deal with it. Wolves didn't.

In the end it will be Spurs who suffers. United ending up 4th one point ahead of Spurs. Simples.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hm...former professional refs or players versus assclowns on HFBoards? Tough pick.
If they were giving a true assessment of the calls I'd be fine with them, but they don't and are usually in opposition to the rest of the panel that includes very experienced players and commentators. They are "ref does no wrong" people, whatever they saw on the field is correct.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
When the "former professional refs" are purely interested in shielding their brethren and offer nothing substantive, you have to question their motives and worth. Not to mention your own, given that you only bother spamming the guys whose opinions agree with you and no one else's, of which there are many.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If they were giving a true assessment of the calls I'd be fine with them, but they don't and are usually in opposition to the rest of the panel that includes very experienced players and commentators. They are "ref does no wrong" people, whatever they saw on the field is correct.
You can always find a reason to absolve a wrong call if that's your objective, and that's what those guys do. That's the problem.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad