GWT: PL Matchweek 21

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Liverpool playing their best possible starting XI (even if you included injured players, IMO). Keep rollin'.

That makes sense; I remember when the injury happened but thought they had said he was fine afterward. Forgot about it.
I think he was fine in the sense that he could still have played, but given the fixture pile up, he was rested more? I don't know, it's really all speculation regardless

Reactions: YNWA14

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There is so much quality on the pitch that Liverpool can completely take down the intensity of their game and still play very well.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
That last Sheffield counter was so dangerous but even without knowing what van Dijk would do, you always felt he would do something to stamp it out.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That last Sheffield counter was so dangerous but even without knowing what van Dijk would do, you always felt he would do something to stamp it out.
He's been just as good this year as he was last. If anything he looks even better when in possession. He's had a couple of mistakes, as he did last season, but generally he's able to recover or the team is.

Reactions: kyle evs48

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Seems Sheffield would rather deal with a penalty than deal with defending van Dijk on set pieces

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Nah, they just assume (rightly so) that a ref is basically never going to call a penalty without the player going down and VVD isn't going to go down there because he's not the type to flop.
The first one I saw was just a shirt grab. That last one by McGoldrick actually looked to impede him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Firmino should have finished that cross from Trent damn what a beauty that was.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well I was hoping Sheffield could steal something in this game, but that was always a long shot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nah, they just assume (rightly so) that a ref is basically never going to call a penalty without the player going down and VVD isn't going to go down there because he's not the type to flop.
It's pretty commendable how much he stays up and basically just looks at the refs in contempt after he's manhandled in the box for the 50th time with no call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad