GWT: PL Matchweek 21

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He's 17 and they don't want to overwhelm him and ruin his development.

He turned 18 on October 1st but your point is right. Solskjär even mentioned how Rooney played almost full minutes every game since 18 and his body wore out at around 30 and how they want to avoid that with Greenwood.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He turned 18 on October 1st but your point is right. Solskjär even mentioned how Rooney played almost full minutes every game since 18 and his body wore out at around 30 and how they want to avoid that with Greenwood.

To be fair Rooney also treated his body like crap and has a stocky build which really accentuated his decline. But point still stands.

Reactions: Blender

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yes that’s why his body wore out.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
To be fair Rooney also treated his body like crap and has a stocky build which really accentuated his decline. But point still stands.

It's also to make sure he has time to grow into the senior game. For all the talent Rashford has, he hasn't development to the level United expected so far in part because he was overwhelmed with responsibility so early. He didn't have a proper chance to learn how to be an effective senior level player, he just had to go out every single night and try to make magic happen.

This year it finally seems to be catching up for Rashford, and United don't want the same nearly 3 years of potential stunted development for Greenwood. They truly believe he can be an absolute world class striker and they want to give him the best chance to get there.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Controlled possession and created every chance in the first half, and defended solidly in a well organised way. Love nights like this when our mightyness shines through.

Granit Xhaka was exeptional in midfield tonight, completely bossed it alongside Torriera.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Absence of McT AND Pogba show in these type of game no matter who's in charge.

It shows mostly because those players hide Ole’s tactical ineptness. McTominay defends well and lets other be more free offensively and Pogba is capable of individual brilliance which is basically what Ole’s system is built on.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Controlled possession and created every chance in the first half, and defended solidly in a well organised way. Love nights like this when our mightyness shines through.

Granit Xhaka was exeptional in midfield tonight, completely bossed it alongside Torriera.

This is what it’s like to be an Arsenal fan.

a win against a united team, that is as woeful as Arsenal

moral victories I guess

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Great win, but I don't understand why United were so passive? Arsenal were very structured, but they allowed a 13th place team pretty much dominate ball possession and the middle park. Pepe was the MOTM from either side I saw, first time I think all season you lot saw how he's able to take over a game. Solid defensive performance, but the Arsenal players afterwards were mentioning how the team isn't ready to play Arteta's style. Also said that the fatigue is real and why they fell to Chelsea, nonetheless, I am very much liking everything that Arteta has brought.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Great win, but I don't understand why United were so passive? Arsenal were very structured, but they allowed a 13th place team pretty much dominate ball possession and the middle park. Pepe was the MOTM from either side I saw, first time I think all season you lot saw how he's able to take over a game. Solid defensive performance, but the Arsenal players afterwards were mentioning how the team isn't ready to play Arteta's style. Also said that the fatigue is real and why they fell to Chelsea, but nonetheless I am very much liking everything that Arteta has brought.

Because they aren't good. Average squad and very bad manager. Even as weak as their squad has been, they should be in fourth place.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lacazette was better off going to down.

On a side note, Happy New Year Peeps! It's time to get over this hangover and massive amounts of food.
Arsenal don't dive though, we have two players that go down very easy in Guendouzi and Torreira, but they don't dive.

McGuire, Matic, and you could throw Fred in that group as well are way too slow for the EPL. They're bigger and ageing players, which have a limited amount of mobility and IQ. They got three Xhakas' in that team and Pepe tore them apart. Ozil also had another solid performance I thought.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
This is what it’s like to be an Arsenal fan.

a win against a united team, that is as woeful as Arsenal

moral victories I guess
Exiting to see massive improvements in performance under Arteta in such a short period of time, at least.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
New manager bounce can be a thing. It’s early days, but it is exciting in some ways if you’re an Arsenal fan I guess. Think getting all four mostly attackers on and up front should be entertaining, but any club who has a clue is still going to abuse that back line.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’m a fan. Not sure he is top four level but would fit in at a team better than Norwich. Was great In the championship too
He still very young after his time in Getafe I pretty much thought that was the end of it but it looks like he found his legs in the epl. I wonder if he progress enough would a call up be in order. Way too early to say though.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Exiting to see massive improvements in performance under Arteta in such a short period of time, at least.

cant be worse then what you guys looked like under emery for the last 18 months or so

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Great win, but I don't understand why United were so passive? Arsenal were very structured, but they allowed a 13th place team pretty much dominate ball possession and the middle park. Pepe was the MOTM from either side I saw, first time I think all season you lot saw how he's able to take over a game. Solid defensive performance, but the Arsenal players afterwards were mentioning how the team isn't ready to play Arteta's style. Also said that the fatigue is real and why they fell to Chelsea, nonetheless, I am very much liking everything that Arteta has brought.

Did you see that midfield?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Arsenal don't dive though, we have two players that go down very easy in Guendouzi and Torreira, but they don't dive.

McGuire, Matic, and you could throw Fred in that group as well are way too slow for the EPL. They're bigger and ageing players, which have a limited amount of mobility and IQ. They got three Xhakas' in that team and Pepe tore them apart. Ozil also had another solid performance I thought.

Matic yes, But McGuire's fast enough and Fred is more than fast enough.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It shows mostly because those players hide Ole’s tactical ineptness. McTominay defends well and lets other be more free offensively and Pogba is capable of individual brilliance which is basically what Ole’s system is built on.

Just so we're clear, are you suggesting that a better manager would suddenly turn Pereira, Lingard and Fred into offensive dynamos?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad