GWT: PL Matchweek 10

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Okay, I've seen enough. I'm ready to anoint early contenders for Flopping Team of the Year. Surprise, it's Villa.

Also, I'd back Kevin Nolan to beat up every member of the Villa staff, including John Terry.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Good good. Makes sense for West Ham to play their two best players.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No idea why people keep on saying Arsenal's place is a result of their roster.
They have a quality roster that should perform much better if the XI selections were better and the coaching half decent.
You could have a CB pairing of Gabriel and Saliba. Would rank amont the top CB pairing in the league.
Bellerin, Tierney, that's decent.
Then in midfield you could have Guendouzi, Partey at B2B, Luiz at DM, Pepe at 10. Auba and Laca up front.

Leno
Bellerin-Saliba-Gabriel-Tierney
Luiz
Guendouzi-Partey
Pepe
Auba-Laca

Sorry but that's easily a top 6 starting XI.

And then bench : Ceballos, Martinelli, Elneny, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Nelson, etc...
That's a very interesting setup Evilo, quite like it. However, I highly doubt Arteta would ever play that.

Reactions: King Makar19

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
West Ham up to 5th, by the way. Not a great performance today by any means. No fluidity going forward at all. Getting ahead early in both halves I think was actually a negative for West Ham because they always revert to soaking up pressure and countering, but they had nothing going today.

Antonio was clearly not match fit. If I have my way, Benrahma is replacing Fornals on the left wing moving forward.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I wanna feel bad for Villa because I think that was a classic case of VAR going against the spirit of itself, but Bournemouth are currently in the Championship because goal line tech ignored a Sheffield winner, so I struggle to cry too much.

Reactions: robertmac43

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I wanna feel bad for Villa because I think that was a classic case of VAR going against the spirit of itself, but Bournemouth are currently in the Championship because goal line tech ignored a Sheffield winner, so I struggle to cry too much.

True that, but you know what they say about two wrongs and all that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad