GWT: PL Matchweek 10

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
“Naked Eye” Reversals ONLY for VAR.

Not that hard. No zooming in. No re-drawing lines.

stuff like this.

And the disallowed goal from Mane against Arsenal. It was also an obvious miss prior to VAR both goals (from Mane and Sterling against city) would probably have give them the title.

I mean VAR protect you from that but at the same time now they go within the margin of error.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And the disallowed goal from Mane against Arsenal. It was also an obvious miss prior to VAR both goals (from Mane and Sterling against city) would probably have give them the title.

I mean VAR protect you from that but at the same time now they go within the margin of error.
I tried to find one where Liverpool got the benefit of the doubt.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Özil, Mkhi, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Giroud, Walcott, Iwobi, Alexis and Chamberlain all left in the span of around 2 years. Replaced by kids and players that aren't ready yet. Besides Arteta, that is the main issue.
Arteta sets up arsenal because that is honestly their best chance of winning. Unfortunately for them their attacking players are not in form and thus they look awful the past month or so.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sad to read things like this.
Who would take Leeds' roster over Arsenal's?
And yet they play to win. And have one more point in the standings.

The urban legend that you have to park the bus to grab some points is a hard thing to shake off.
I had thought Bielsa would at least show EPL fans that getting some results while playing positive football isn't a dream. It's possible.
Leeds has a bottom 4 roster. Arsenal has a top 6. And yet Leeds are playing better football and are getting better results.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Slightly more than 1 year ago I watched Spurs getting trashed 3-0 by Brighton. Not the worst performance I have ever seen in absolute terms, but probably the worst I have ever seen considering the individual quality of the Spurs line-up:

Lloris
Sissoko - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Ndombele
Son - Eriksen - Lamela
Kane

Every single player in that line-up is from useful (Davies) to very good (Kane, Son etc.).

A bit more than 1 year later and basically that same team without Vertonghen and Eriksen looks very solid. Best defensive record in the league and 3rd in scored goals.

So who cares about "individual" quality? Football is about teams.

Reactions: Jack Straw

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah and that is exactly why Arteta is the main problem at Arsenal this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad