Post-Game Talk: Pizza Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
pretty much

is that what he said? Come on. You're professionals. It's not like 15 guys have the flu.
That is so weak mentally if true.
Yeah, They said the TDL and rumors are a distraction as is the player maintenance announcement bc they over think.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Team for all its talent still has so much to work on and clean up down the stretch if they want to go on a run. So sloppy and careless with the puck for much of tonight.

Goaltenders both way too inconsistent. Would be ironic if goaltending did the NYR in this season.

Can’t paper over these flaws w Pat Kane and win a Cup. Have to correct this internally or it’s irrelevant.
A lot of the team's game is reliant on touch passing and timing plays, especially on breakouts and transitions. When the timing is disrupted, everything else crumbles.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Good point about rebound goals by Vally. No one wants to take punishment. Kakko and the Kreiders should be doing it.

With Kakko I don't think it so much not wanting to take punishment as he is looking to pick up the puck behind the goal/goal line and play his puck dishing game, he always seems to have an eye on doing that and drifting to make the pickup of a puck that hardly ever comes. It's a matter for the coaches to sort such things out, but we often talk about how we wished our o-zone play was more structured.

Reactions: bl02

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Didn't watch the game at all but doesn't it feel like the team is distracted trying to change their identity to score 6 and put up 59 shots instead of defense after the tank trade and today's likely Kane related scratches?

inranger94

Oct 18, 2019
Thats not the problem. I know they didn't score much but they had chances. The bigger problem is the defensive breakdowns. They are killing this team in the last 4 games.

Did you think that when they were 24-4-4 or just the last 3 games?
It works in the regular season but does not work in the playoffs.

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Part of me thinks the Kane deal is not done and Drury is just making sure he has the option if it comes down to it

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It works in the regular season but does not work in the playoffs.
It worked last playoffs to get to ECF. They will be fine. They are better than last year.

Part of me thinks the Kane deal is not done and Drury is just making sure he has the option if it comes down to it
I was thinking the same thing. We will know in a week and it can't come fast enough.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
The Jets game they played well. Tonight was not great, although I did feel they controlled play for a large portion of it.

They need to stop passing up wide open shots in the slot. I only caught the third period, but happened twice, once with Vesey and once with Fox (Mika also waited way to long and floated one wide). Those need to get on net and with power behind them. I'm surprised Vinny didn't pass on the one he scored. That would have been on brand.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Ya’ll remember a few games back when we had several games where we scored 6 but it felt we couldn’t name more than 1 or 2 stars?

We are not playing the right way again. The teams game has slid backwards. We are not really giving full effort in our own zone, many the forwards. We are turning pucks over, going east west, losing battles. And we’re not hitting, cycling, getting inside with any consistency and it actually started a game or two before the Blues trade and only got worse with the new additions.

Teams are now playing us a very specific way. They are keeping us to the outside blocking our shots and taking the body.

We need to solve our playing style. We need to get back to having an identity that isn’t wide open, that isn’t filled with messy neutral zone play and players go all out defensively.

I am very worried that adding Kane is the exact wrong move at this point. We need to start ramping up for the playoffs and we need to play a winning brand of hockey very very soon. But we are lacking a lunchpail mentality where guys are playing an honest game. It’s not a good time of the season to play the style they’ve begun to play this last 2 or 3 weeks now.

I honestly think adding Kane will be the final straw in us building the wrong way. It’s a shame if we’ve lost our identity. Season had so much promise until everyone got stars in their eyes.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I am very worried that adding Kane is the exact wrong move at this point. We need to start ramping up for the playoffs and we need to play a winning brand of hockey very very soon. But we are lacking a lunchpail mentality where guys are playing an honest game. It’s not a good time of the season to play the style they’ve begun to play this last 2 or 3 weeks now.

I honestly think adding Kane will be the final straw in us building the wrong way. It’s a shame if we’ve lost our identity. Season had so much promise until everyone got stars in their eyes.
Really well said.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Ya’ll remember a few games back when we had several games where we scored 6 but it felt we couldn’t name more than 1 or 2 stars?

We are not playing the right way again. The teams game has slid backwards. We are not really giving full effort in our own zone, many the forwards. We are turning pucks over, going east west, losing battles. And we’re not hitting, cycling, getting inside with any consistency and it actually started a game or two before the Blues trade and only got worse with the new additions.

Teams are now playing us a very specific way. They are keeping us to the outside blocking our shots and taking the body.

We need to solve our playing style. We need to get back to having an identity that isn’t wide open, that isn’t filled with messy neutral zone play and players go all out defensively.

This is the first bad game they’ve played in 2 months can we take a step back from the ledge.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
This is the first bad game they’ve played in 2 months can we take a step back from the ledge.
The thing is, it’s not the first bad game in 2 months. There were a few wins where we played a mediocre game. And I get that we had 50 shots against Hellebyuck and he made some string saves but I still maintain that we didn’t do the little things consistently enough to win that game. We are giving up way too much again. And it’s not goaltending that I blame. And we aren’t winning the battle in front of either net yet again.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
The thing is, it’s not the first bad game in 2 months. There were a few wins where we played a mediocre game. And I get that we had 50 shots against Hellebyuck and he made some string saves but I still maintain that we didn’t do the little things consistently enough to win that game. We are giving up way too much again. And it’s not goaltending that I blame. And we aren’t winning the battle in front of either net yet again.

We were shit against the Jets, sure we huffed and puffed but there was no real brains or heart behind it, they were going through the motions quite mechanically just like tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad