Post-Game Talk: Pizza Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Without rehashing a tiring debate...goaltending does matter,especially in the playoffs
Yeah but it's still bullshit.

A random homeless man once put up a .923 and a .937 to win back to back Cups as a rookie.

It's a roulette wheel. Whoever their goalie is (don't even know, I don't do goalies) could be Hasek in the playoffs this year.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
In all seriousness, this team has no idea how it wants to play? We have finesse players but we’re using the stretch pass and dump and chase?

I don’t think we’re good enough against the skill teams and we’re obviously not hard and heavy team anymore (especially this team being allergic to the slot) so what are we?

The dam will break if they don’t figure it out before playoffs and it won’t be pretty for this organization.

And one Patrick Kane isn’t going to fix it. Before this team went on it’s win streak we had some glaringly bad holes.

As in most cases, we aren’t as good as we have been the last 25 game stretch and not as bad as the games before. We’re somewhere in the middle.

As currently constructed/playing this team won’t beat Boston

Yeah this contradiction is kind of fascinating.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Just seems opponents are waiting for that lateral pass and getting their sticks in there. They knew it was coming.
The royal road needs some new pavement.

I give Detroit credit, that was textbook defense to shut us down. As others have said before sometimes you need to shoot the ugly shot to get on the royal road

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The Rangers to makeup their minds. Big and heavy one week. Finesse this week.
Big and heavy work much better when you can compliment that with some finesse.

The Rangers problem is that while we see spurts of the Big and Heavy game, it's fugazzi because the players, in their hearts, are not big and heavy type players which is why there is no consistency there.

Other wise, it would be reverse in that we'd play big, heavy with occasional finesse games.

Clearly they CAN play heavy game, they prefer not to and when the playoffs start, finesse gets shut down more often than not

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
We're 7th in hits!! It's not the same league it used to be.

I don't get the Boston thing. Hathaway was a good add but they don't hit much at all. We're analyzing the Bruins as if it's still 2011. If David Pastrnak fell out of a boat he would say "excuse me" when he hit the water.
How beatable do you think the Bruins are ?

With 22 games left we're 11 points safe for a playoff spot. We're not going to win the battles and backcheck our hardest against desperate teams at this point in the season.

The experienced teams take time off in the regular season. The Lightning and Avalanche are just coasting by. The Lightning were a 5 seed last year. They would have been a 5 seed the year before.

You guys fawn over the physicality of the Lightning. You think they play like that every night against every hobunk random team?
I was going to say this thing. They are locked into a playoff spot and home ice doesn't really matter. If they don't give it their all in the playoffs f*** them but I can understand why they wouldn't do it now. Most important things is to be healthy when the playoffs come around.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's time to break up Miller-Trouba. Pair has been struggling for a little bit now.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Team that can't play a lick of defense, spends assets on Tank (whom they could've AND should've drafted in 2010) & who then is spending even more assets on Kane.

Never change NYR

Never change

Rangers are 5th in the conference in Goals Against. That's not a team that can't play a lick of defense. And Shesty has looked mortal this season.

What assets went in the Tarasenko deal that concern you?

12 teams passed over Tarasenko in that draft.

Every year, teams make the wrong selection multiple times.

By the way, they haven't dealt for Kane, yet.

If they do, you can worry about the assets that go the other way. If it's the equivalent of what they gave up for Tarasenko, I'm in.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Rangers are 5th in the conference in Goals Against. That's not a team that can't play a lick of defense. And Shesty has looked mortal this season.

What assets went in the Tarasenko deal that concern you?

12 teams passed over Tarasenko in that draft.

Every year, teams make the wrong selection multiple times.

By the way, they haven't dealt for Kane, yet.

If they do, you can worry about the assets that go the other way. If it's the equivalent of what they gave up for Tarasenko, I'm in.
The last 2 games they've given up 4 goals & on 7 of those 8 goals, defense, specifically TEAM defense was non-existent

It's not the assets I have issue with (although I wanted to keep both 1st this draft) it's the lack of concern over the paper tissue of team D

It wasn't there last season when Hasek... I mean Shesty was a wall & it certainly hasn't been there during many games this season. Go take a look at the blown lead games for example.

5th in the conference huh? What are they league wide? Shesty isn't a God... so that excuses our shitty play in the neutral zone & our end?

How about playing a solid team D system & not NEEDING a brick wall in net.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
That’s 2 goals in the last three games where Millers guy has all day in front the net for a rebound goal with KM heading behind the net expecting the puck to miraculously find its way there for a smooth breakout play. Instead his guy is wide open to wack it 4 times until it goes in (the first time) or like last night be wide open for a rebound tap in. He wakes up too late that he needs to cover the front of the net and not chill behind it, not sure why. Thinking of offense and the breakout? He needs to stick to his man, tie his stick up, and let the forwards worry about the breakout.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The last 2 games they've given up 4 goals & on 7 of those 8 goals, defense, specifically TEAM defense was non-existent

It's not the assets I have issue with (although I wanted to keep both 1st this draft) it's the lack of concern over the paper tissue of team D

It wasn't there last season when Hasek... I mean Shesty was a wall & it certainly hasn't been there during many games this season. Go take a look at the blown lead games for example.

5th in the conference huh? What are they league wide? Shesty isn't a God... so that excuses our shitty play in the neutral zone & our end?

We're still top 10 in GAA even after this horrible stretch with Igor playing poorly. We were #3 before the All-star break. There are things they need to clean up, but if you think the Rangers are a bad defensive team you should watch other teams around the league more.

Reactions: blue425

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Meh, they are in a little funk, Goaltending is starting to get spotty, and the kids who were on fire have cooled off. Better to happen now than in April. Plenty of time to work things out.

They are playing a struggling Caps team tomorrow which lost to the Ducks last night, yeah that’s right. Lol. Good game to get morale back up for the team.

Reactions: Crease

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Meh, they are in a little funk, Goaltending is starting to get spotty, and the kids who were on fire have cooled off. Better to happen now than in April. Plenty of time to work things out.

They are playing a struggling Caps team tomorrow which lost to the Ducks last night, yeah that’s right. Lol. Good game to get morale back up for the team.
They also lost to Peg in the middle of their road trip where we were their only win

I know they're in a funk (or worse) but they're gonna have to find a way to have some consistency when those funks happen.

I don't expect 82 wins but the way their playing now is how bad teams play, not good teams in a funk.

Reactions: Leonardo87

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Team has clearly heard the rumours and are signalling to Drury: "we still need Kane so go get him!"

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Did puckluck invade your body?

• Love
Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes