Post-Game Talk: Pizza Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Too many soft perimeter players assembled by our GM. He was going for more grit now it's basically a roster full of finesse perimeter players which does not work in the playoffs.
Fire Drury before he totally ruins our club . He cannot seem to figure things out money or no money ...like a dog chasing it's tail. After 50 yrs of watching this club it should not be still this bad . Foolish trades of late not good now or for the future....and no RW's on our club for next year unless you count KK a 3rd liner at best . Same deal all over again for next season. I wonder what kind of plan Drury has....or if he has one at all ?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Fire Drury before he totally ruins our club . He cannot seem to figure things out money or no money ...like a dog chasing it's tail. After 50 yrs of watching this club it should not be still this bad . Foolish trades of late not good now or for the future....and no RW's on our club for next year unless you count KK a 3rd liner at best . Same deal all over again for next season. I wonder what kind of plan Drury has....or if he has one at all ?

You'd think we were the Penguins or Caps with these reactionary takes. Kane/Tarasenko have won as many Cups since 2010 as we have in our history as a franchise lol you wont see me complaining about bringing them in.

Last edited:

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'm conditioned to when I see the words "Dancing Larry" I go "waaaaaaaaaa" imitating the opening of Black Box's Strike It Up.

It is not a good thing.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Deleted member 23124

You'd think we were the Penguins or Caps with these reactionary takes. Kane/Tarasenko have won as many Cups since 2010 as we have in our history as a franchise lol you wont see me complaining about bringing them in.
If they were in Cup winning shape, I would agree....but they are not the same players that won those cups.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
No problem....enjoy them . Rangers going to Ranger ! :badidea:

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
You know me, that’s just the way I am.

Rangers fans upset that we lost, want to blow it up, and Ducks fans upset that they won and are hurting the tank.

Going to need serious therapy soon. Lol

I agree.

Halak might have looked like me on a couple of those goals but no came to play. Such a disjointed, sloppy game top to bottom and I'll chalk it up to the pending trade deadline, teammates held out for roster management. I get they're all professionals but they're still human and this time of season can really be a massive distraction. (especially given our situation and all the noise)

Bring on the next game.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I agree.

Halak might have looked like me on a couple of those goals but no came to play. Such a disjointed, sloppy game top to bottom and I'll chalk it up to the pending trade deadline, teammates held out for roster management. I get they're all professionals but they're still human and this time of season can really be a massive distraction. (especially given our situation and all the noise)

Bring on the next game.

I hate the the distraction excuse but imagine you're a player and 30 minutes before gametime the roster gets adjusted in order to be able to facilitate a trade you know is for Patrick Kane. AKA the biggest American star in hockey over the last 20 years with a mountain of hardware to fall back on, including 3 Cups which we just so happen to be realistically chasing this season.

Yeah, I'd be a little distracted too hahaha

Reactions: Unpredictable1

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The last 2 games they've given up 4 goals & on 7 of those 8 goals, defense, specifically TEAM defense was non-existent

It's not the assets I have issue with (although I wanted to keep both 1st this draft) it's the lack of concern over the paper tissue of team D

It wasn't there last season when Hasek... I mean Shesty was a wall & it certainly hasn't been there during many games this season. Go take a look at the blown lead games for example.

5th in the conference huh? What are they league wide? Shesty isn't a God... so that excuses our shitty play in the neutral zone & our end?

How about playing a solid team D system & not NEEDING a brick wall in net.
So of course you look at a small sample size of the last few games that included a west coast trip, lot of travel, some new players, and 4 games in 6 nights to determine they can't play defense. Why would this surprise me? They have had too many defensive breakdowns the last 4-5 games but they are 8th in the league in GA, that's top 25 % in the league, so yes they can and have played defense and that's with Igor being average. They are going through a down period in play after playing .800 hockey for over 2 months but sure lets jump on them because it fits the agenda.

bogans

Mar 24, 2007
Philly
That game, as well as the game against Winnipeg, felt like games earlier in the season where we had all of the analytical numbers, possession, shots, control of play, and more working in our favor. But we cannot get two points out of the games despite feeling like we are clearly the better team on the ice. How do get back to losing expected goals for, but winning every game, immediately?

Reactions: CLW

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
So of course you look at a small sample size of the last few games that included a west coast trip, lot of travel, some new players, and 4 games in 6 nights to determine they can't play defense. Why would this surprise me? They have had too many defensive breakdowns the last 4-5 games but they are 8th in the league in GA, that's top 25 % in the league, so yes they can and have played defense and that's with Igor being average. They are going through a down period in play after playing .800 hockey for over 2 months but sure lets jump on them because it fits the agenda.
I'm looking at the season as a whole but ok.

TEAM defense has been a problem for years, not just the last 2 games.

But why would I be surprised that it's all rainbows coming out of unicorns' asses with you?

I do agree that now is the time to be shit AS LONG AS they get it together by April/June

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They also lost to Peg in the middle of their road trip where we were their only win

I know they're in a funk (or worse) but they're gonna have to find a way to have some consistency when those funks happen.

I don't expect 82 wins but the way their playing now is how bad teams play, not good teams in a funk.
How do good teams look when they play in a funk exactly? Maybe like outshooting an opponent 51-21 and out chancing them over 2-1 and playing the entire night in the Qzone and still losing because every breakdown wound up in the back of their net because their No. 1 goalie can't stop a beachball right now? Is that how bad teams play or good teams in a funk?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
How do good teams look when they play in a funk exactly? Maybe like outshooting an opponent 51-21 and out chancing them over 2-1 and playing the entire night in the Qzone and still losing because every breakdown wound up in the back of their net because their No. 1 goalie can't stop a beachball right now? Is that how bad teams play or good teams in a funk?
Watch the replay of the goals last night & then get back to me... I'm not saying Halak & certainly not Shesty vs Peg were great or even good

But there's been ZERO D

Even Michelleti pointed it out.

But the examples you used to back your argument are a small sample size.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Yeah our Goalies got outplayed the last two. The team had shots and chances but they didn’t go in. I thought they played very well against Winnipeg just couldn’t solve Hellboy. Last night they were not as good but not terrible at all.

Just gotta get out of the little funk and start scoring some goals. Floodgates should hopefully open up soon. I just hope Drury doesn’t panic and make a stupid move and overpay for Kane. I think we got them where we want them. They have no leverage since Kane wants to only come here. I’m still indifferent on it, really depends on a lot of things.

Deleted member 23124

I agree.

Bring on the next game.
It's not like they decided to sit Zib or Tro at the last minute....we're talking Leshitshow to the press box. According to many, we should have been a better team than before, even minus one forward (if you can call him that).

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'm looking at the season as a whole but ok.

TEAM defense has been a problem for years, not just the last 2 games.

But why would I be surprised that it's all rainbows coming out of unicorns' asses with you?

I do agree that now is the time to be shit AS LONG AS they get it together by April/June
I presented facts, not unicorns. Top 1/4 in the league over the ENTIRE season with average goaltending.

bogans

Mar 24, 2007
Philly
Yeah our Goalies got outplayed the last two. The team had shots and chances but they didn’t go in. I thought they played very well against Winnipeg just couldn’t solve Hellboy. Last night they were not as good but not terrible at all.

Just gotta get out of the little funk and start scoring some goals. Floodgates should hopefully open up soon. I just hope Drury doesn’t panic and make a stupid move and overpay for Kane. I think we got them where we want them. They have no leverage since Kane wants to only come here. I’m still indifferent on it, really depends on a lot of things.
DIsagree, they need to stop thinking outchancing and outpossessing wins games, that was the perspective to start the season. They are more talented than most teams out there, that is a fact, it does not win games to be just
.more talented.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think you guys are over emphasizing one game.....

but there is some issues that need to be worked out. Teams are taking away passing lanes for the cross seam pass. NEED TO ADJUST.

We need more garbage goals.. Where the hell has Kreider's deflections gone? Seriously. The guy was deflecting EVERYTHING last season. He whiffs and is out of position far too often now.

How can we be so bad at getting pucks through?

We need to figure it out because we will be suffocated by a team like Tampa again.

Special teams have become an abomination, particularly the PK... Goalies letting in softies. Team was distracted with the news but that shouldn't be an excuse.

Get your shit together. It was an embarrassing game and effort. Coaches need to drill the team and have them adjust when teams take away the royal road pass.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Watch the replay of the goals last night & then get back to me... I'm not saying Halak & certainly not Shesty vs Peg were great or even good

But there's been ZERO D

Even Michelleti pointed it out.

But the examples you used to back your argument are a small sample size.
Yes, that was last night, and I have already said there have been too many defensive breakdowns lately that have ended up in their net. It needs to be cleaned up. The examples I used for the whole "we can't play defense argument" is the entire season. How is that a small sample size?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think you guys are over emphasizing one game.....

but there is some issues that need to be worked out. Teams are taking away passing lanes for the cross seam pass. NEED TO ADJUST.

We need more garbage goals.. Where the hell has Kreider's deflections gone? Seriously. The guy was deflecting EVERYTHING last season. He whiffs and is out of position far too often now.

How can we be so bad at getting pucks through?

We need to figure it out because we will be suffocated by a team like Tampa again.

Special teams have become an abomination, particularly the PK... Goalies letting in softies. Team was distracted with the news but that shouldn't be an excuse.

Get your shit together. It was an embarrassing game and effort. Coaches need to drill the team and have them adjust when teams take away the royal road pass.
Well that's an easy one, every D except Fox sucks absolute ass at it.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

They just need to clean up the defensive breakdowns and they will. I don't get bent out of shape like some who expect perfection every night. The team just went on an incredible 2 month run so a little slump is to be expected. Drury has set his price for Kane. He won't be giving away the shop. I want Kane but I understand the arguments from those that don't. I think it's going to happen but I wouldn't be upset that if it didn't as long as they make 1 more move for the bottom 6.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Trouba needs to start blasting pucks at opponents clogging the middle.
I think there's value in the fact of "if you're gonna chill in the slot I hope the broken ankle is worth it" from one of his shots but like 90% of the time that's not what actually happens in practice. Trouba's shots either miss wide or go right to the goalie. Getting pucks through is harder than it's ever been at the NHL level cause defenses got so good at blocking it. I think it's why the Rangers are so reliant on lateral passes, because their D are horrible shooters

I don't hate Mikkola but I was adamantly against the fact that we got another defenseman that sucks ass at getting shots through. Miller is extremely inconsistent with it which also doesn't help. He's the best skater on the team and opens up lanes with ease but he still passes up almost every shot. To his credit he does take shots when he's able to get closer in the slot. Lindgren is barely an NHL player in the offensive zone. Schneider is hit and miss. It's a big weakness and we definitely made it worse adding Mikkola.

Reactions: duhmetreE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad