Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
The cap hit of Staal isn't really an issue. We'd be losing Sutter (most likely) and lots of people are talking about going after Soderberg in FA. He'll be in the same ballpark as Staal. The only real cost is the assets to send to CAR.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well guys, Rossi settled the "what's wrong with Crosby" debate.

He's old. With a side of "his supporting cast is the worst it's ever been."

So we can put that one to rest.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa

He's old.

Let me settle the
"what is wrong with Rossi" debate...... hockeywise, he is a moronic, ignorant, buffoon. Crosby, even by hockey standards, isnt "old", he is in his prime. Crosby has been misused for several years now, and scapegoated by reporters with no hockey sense....:help:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

He's old. With a side of "his supporting cast is the worst it's ever been."

Yeah that supporting cast of David Perron and Patrick Hornqvist is infinitely worse than Kunitz and Dupuis ever were. Plus everybody knows that hockey players are washed up by the age of 27.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh and also, for those of you that are of the "WE CAN'T WIN WITHOUT TEH JORDY!!!" opinion... you'll be pleased to know that Rob Rossi is your biggest advocate. That must feel good.

bluedevil58*

Canes fan here:

Staal to the Pens.

It's not happening. Zero chance what so ever. Unless the following happens:

Maata
1st round pick
Kapanen
Dum

Pens Get:

Jordan Staal

or:

Maata
1st round pick
Dumo
Kapanen

Pens get:
Staal
Semin

That is the only way. Basically, the Pens organization stands a snow flake in hells chance of this happening. Unless you want to accomodate Semin's contract. Then it could be possible.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Canes fan here:

Staal to the Pens.

Maata
1st round pick
Kapanen
Dum

Pens Get:

Jordan Staal

or:

Maata
1st round pick
Dumo
Kapanen

Pens get:
Staal
Semin

That is the only way. Basically, the Pens organization stands a snow flake in hells chance of this happening. Unless you want to accomodate Semin's contract. Then it could be possible.

Thanks for the update. Glad we got that all settled now. :sarcasm:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So, bluedevil, you're saying you WON'T take Kunitz, Sutter and Dumoulin for your current number one center?

Awwwww... why not?!? That seems fair! Jordy wants to play on this team's third line so very bad, you big meanie! Let us give you our crap so he can do it!

bluedevil58*

Sutter is tall and can skate fast and that's pretty much it. Why Canes fans are in love with him is beyond me. No to Kunitz. Canes fans are so hot on sutter because they are morons.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Canes fan here:

Staal to the Pens.

Maata
1st round pick
Kapanen
Dum

Pens Get:

Jordan Staal

or:

Maata
1st round pick
Dumo
Kapanen

Pens get:
Staal
Semin

jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So... Canes fans are still high on Sutter? And were before?

The same Canes fans that everyone tells me are "super pleased in all aspects" with Jordan Staal's body of work, so far?

Hmmm.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Canes fan here:

Staal to the Pens.

Maata
1st round pick
Kapanen
Dum

Pens Get:

Jordan Staal
Uh, there are very few players in the league that would demand this type of return and Jordan Staal isn't on that list.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
The best thing to come out of the Ward/Madden exchange was that apparently Aaron Ward thinks Mark Madden is a LARPer. What would Madden LARP as? I'm thinking an Ewok.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Canes fan here:

Staal to the Pens.

Maata
1st round pick
Kapanen
Dum

Pens Get:

Jordan Staal

or:

Maata
1st round pick
Dumo
Kapanen

Pens get:
Staal
Semin

Unless he waives his NTC fully to any move, I doubt he would bring back anything close to that. Even with a fully waived NTC I can't see that kind of interest to get that kind of value. That deal could probably bring back Eberle (for Maatta), Petry (1st+Dumo-ish) and Yak (KK+Dumo-ish), ignoring the cap of course.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
the best thing to come out of the ward/madden exchange was that apparently aaron ward thinks mark madden is a larper. What would madden larp as? I'm thinking an ewok.

holycrapallofthesuddenifeeltheneedtocreateatwitteraccount!

Uh, there are very few players in the league that would demand this type of return and Jordan Staal isn't on that list.

Respectfully, I disagree. This is very close to the kind of package it would take to get him out of Carolina. Seeing as how they aren't interested in moving him. I suppose if he made a stink and said Pittsburgh or bust. But that seems like a reach.

bluedevil58*

So... Canes fans are still high on Sutter? And were before?

The same Canes fans that everyone tells me are "super pleased in all aspects" with Jordan Staal's body of work, so far?

Hmmm.

Have you seen the current market value of 2nd line centers? When you have contracts out there like Mike Richards and then you look at Jordan Staal it makes me think we are doing ok. Jordan would get far more hype if he scored more but he doesnt. He is a defensive forward that contribute on a semi nightly basis.

If I were to compare him to some players of the past it would be players like Brindy or a Saku Koivu. These 2 guys were very under the radar but solid througout their careers. Yes, I am happy with Jordan Staal he is a good center. He is not an offensive machine. But he is a puck possession beast.

Defensive centers have always been more under the radar. Right now, I am feeling like Ray Shero may not have fleeced JR in this trade after all. I mean look at how Sutter has developed.. Not that impressive. We will see how Dum and Poul pan out though. Either way, Jordan's contract isn't bad when you compare it to the current going rate of 2Cs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad