Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Jesus... I'm going to cut myself on the edges in this thread. Slow down with the progressiveness, boys.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Jesus... I'm going to cut myself on the edges in this thread. Slow down with the progressiveness, boys.

You just triggered me by violently gendering everyone in this thread. How about a warning next time you cis-privileged oppressor.

US vs Canada girls olympic game was ten times the game any of the mens games were last year.

Those games are always great. The girls aren't in in for the money. They love the game and hate the other team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm sorry, let me hold the door open for you, ma'am.

Because a person criticizing the NFL for targeting masculine women as a reason their league is high scoring is a perfectly legitimate argument which shouldn't be called out.

Also, when Mike Milbury doesn't call Henrik and Daniel Sedin, Thelma and Louise on a national broadcast you can have an argument that sexist ******** like that isn't completely tolerated in the NHL.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Rossi seems like the kind of person that gets real obsessive and clingy with his friendships & relationships. Not my kinda guy.

It's like they fired Rossi's SO. I'd say family or a close friend but the reaction is like if it had a really direct impact on him.

It can't be healthy and it got uncomfortable by the second week of the tantrum. I doubt they're even really friends, tbh, it's just a lonely, weird guy raging.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
bluedevil is kind of permanently in his own fantasy world. Pay him no mind, he'll slink back to our board to blither about how we need to trade everybody on the team and that NHL teams have no business drafting players under 6'0". Seriously, ignore him and he'll go away. It's like that film "Wargames." The only way to win is not to play.
:laugh: Thanks for the heads up. I was just about to ask him about his home planet.

Based simply on how people have presented it here... I agree much more with Madden than Kolbe. The game is dull and overcoached these days, for the most part. If you love ice wrasslin' in the NZ 3/4 of the game and nothing but ultra-safe plays in the offensive end... then this league is for you, I guess.
Agreed. IMO, it all boils down to incompetence by the league. If they protected stars, called obstruction, and forced officials to call games rather than manage them then the game would be as exciting as ever.

They'll be looking for expansion soon and the talent level will be dropping too.

penguins2946*

It isn't tumblr. North American hockey is a total boy's club. Noora Raty should be an AHL goaltender. She isn't because she is a girl.

Or maybe it's just she's not good enough? Just a thought.

She has a .911 save% in 6 games in Finland's 2nd highest league (Mestis) and a .916 save% in 6 games in Finland's 3rd highest league (Suomi-sarja). There's nothing there that says she should be an AHL goalie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Or maybe it's just she's not good enough? Just a thought.

She has a .911 save% in 6 games in Finland's 2nd highest league (Mestis) and a .916 save% in 6 games in Finland's 3rd highest league (Suomi-sarja). There's nothing there that says she should be an AHL goalie.

If she was given the attention players like Rask, Niemi, Rinne, Lehtonen, Backstrom, etc were given she could easily have been a premiere AHL goaltender.

She almost retired after the Olympics last year because nobody would give her a job. Putting up a .911 and .916 is right in line with what our goaltender has done in the NHL over the last seven years. How is a female in a predominate male league putting up those kind of numbers not impressive? If anything she proved she is at least an average goaltender, but teams don't want to take a risk on her, because she is a female.

If you don't think there is a bias in the NHL, why is Craig Adams still in our line-up? The NHL and accordingly the AHL favor North American men who play the game "the right way". It is why hardly any Russians are in the league right now. Now imagine being a female, European player.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
:laugh: Thanks for the heads up. I was just about to ask him about his home planet.

Agreed. IMO, it all boils down to incompetence by the league. If they protected stars, called obstruction, and forced officials to call games rather than manage them then the game would be as exciting as ever.

They'll be looking for expansion soon and the talent level will be dropping too.

NASA's still working on that. We're not sure if he comes from another planet or if he fell into a rip in space-time that originated from an Earth like the one in Idiocracy. Good luck to the Pens the rest of the way - they're the team of my childhood (kind of hard to grow up in a house with a dad from Dunbar, PA and not be a fan of the Pirates, Steelers, and Penguins) and I still cheer for them half the games against the Hurricanes. I just worry with Rutherford as the GM now, especially given the state he left the 'Canes in (though how much of that is him and how much it's Karmanos, who knows).

penguins2946*

If she was given the attention players like Rask, Niemi, Rinne, Lehtonen, Backstrom, etc were given she could easily have been a premiere AHL goaltender.

And if my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle. Hypothetical situations that you have absolutely 0 support for are entirely irrelevant.

She almost retired after the Olympics last year because nobody would give her a job. Putting up a .911 and .916 is right in line with what our goaltender has done in the NHL over the last seven years. How is a female in a predominate male league putting up those kind of numbers not impressive? If anything she proved she is at least an average goaltender, but teams don't want to take a risk on her, because she is a female.

If you don't think there is a bias in the NHL, why is Craig Adams still in our line-up? The NHL and accordingly the AHL favor North American men who play the game "the right way". It is why hardly any Russians are in the league right now. Now imagine being a female, European player.

And that's in a Finnish minor league, she puts up average numbers in a Finnish minor league. If she would be putting up those numbers in the Liiga, maybe you'd have an argument. Teams aren't taking a chance on her because she's not that good. Putting up average numbers in a Finnish minor league shows why she isn't getting any interest. Not because she's a girl, that's absolutely stupid.

This post is absolutely hilarious. Adams being in the lineup shows that pro hockey hates women? What?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It isn't tumblr. North American hockey is a total boy's club. Noora Raty should be an AHL goaltender. She isn't because she is a girl.

She's 5'4".

It sounds like you're saying that Craig Adams is taking the job of a more qualified female.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
And if my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle. Hypothetical situations that you have absolutely 0 support for are entirely irrelevant.

And that's in a Finnish minor league, she puts up average numbers in a Finnish minor league. If she would be putting up those numbers in the Liiga, maybe you'd have an argument. Teams aren't taking a chance on her because she's not that good. Putting up average numbers in a Finnish minor league shows why she isn't getting any interest. Not because she's a girl, that's absolutely stupid.

This post is absolutely hilarious. Adams being in the lineup shows that pro hockey hates women? What?

I'm not talking about Adams being in the lineup shows that pro hockey hates women. I'm pointing to the fact that fringe players are largely not European. European players are expected to play a certain way in the NHL and if they don't they often either get traded, demoted, or end up back home. The vast majority of NHL GMs are biased against European players, look at Shero and his draft history. Now, on top of that she is a girl. It's going to be very hard for her to get a fair shake, even from teams in Europe.

If she was given the chance to develop in the right circumstance, I think she'd clearly be able to compete in the AHL. Hopefully, she is young enough to deserve a random signing in a minor ECHL team.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe she just doesn't give a **** about riding buses between Kalamazoo and Trenton.

penguins2946*

I'm not talking about Adams being in the lineup shows that pro hockey hates women. I'm pointing to the fact that fringe players are largely not European. European players are expected to play a certain way in the NHL and if they don't they often either get traded, demoted, or end up back home. The vast majority of NHL GMs are biased against European players, look at Shero and his draft history. Now, on top of that she is a girl. It's going to be very hard for her to get a fair shake, even from teams in Europe.

If she was given the chance to develop in the right circumstance, I think she'd clearly be able to compete in the AHL. Hopefully, she is young enough to deserve a random signing in a minor ECHL team.

Uh, maybe more fringe players are largely not European because the NHL is made up of largely not Europeans. Your posts about this have no logic to them. She's putting up average numbers in a limited sample size in a minor league in Finland. She's 5'4" like Jacob said. This has nothing to do with her being a woman, it has everything to do with her not being good enough.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
A comparable to Noora Raty is Shannon Szabados.

Playing for the Columbus Cottonmouths in the SPHL. 3.46 and a .901 through 14 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad