Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Based simply on how people have presented it here... I agree much more with Madden than Kolbe. The game is dull and overcoached these days, for the most part. If you love ice wrasslin' in the NZ 3/4 of the game and nothing but ultra-safe plays in the offensive end... then this league is for you, I guess.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
I just find it funny how "popularity" is proof positive that a product is either good or bad.

Exhibit A:

nickelback.jpg

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Based simply on how people have presented it here... I agree much more with Madden than Kolbe. The game is dull and overcoached these days, for the most part. If you love ice wrasslin' in the NZ 3/4 of the game and nothing but ultra-safe plays in the offensive end... then this league is for you, I guess.

Agreed 100%. The fact that probably at least 20 of the 30 teams now play some sort of modified neutral zone trap is absolutely disgusting.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
The NHL game today is much less entertaining than the years following the lockout.

Fans, casual fans in particular, like to see goals. There are less goals scored each year.

Just like how people watch the NFL to see touchdowns and scoring plays, not to see battles at the line of scrimmage all game.

NFL is doing the opposite (increasing scoring) and revenues/ratings/fan interest is at an all time high. It's not rocket science, guise.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
The NHL game today is much less entertaining than the years following the lockout.

Fans, casual fans in particular, like to see goals. There are less goals scored each year.

Just like how people watch the NFL to see touchdowns and scoring plays, not to see battles at the line of scrimmage all game.

NFL is doing the opposite (increasing scoring) and revenues/ratings/fan interest is at an all time high. It's not rocket science, guise.

The casual fan is usually a moron.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
i am not sure if the game is objectively more boring now or i am just getting older and more cynical.

in either case my interest in hockey decreases each year.

Electrifying skating, big goals, difficult saves and thunderous hits bring most people out of their seats. Young or old.

Obstruction, slowing the game down, riding star players around like mules all game, NOT CALLING THE RULES THE RULES, both teams lined up in the neutral zone and coaches/GMs preaching nothing but "NORTH/SOUTH AND BEEF!" eventually leads to empty seats and lockouts.

There is a market for the first and niche audience of diehards for the second. Why the NHL doesn't seem to grasp this is just yet another example of their long-standing incompetence and a big reason they'll never be a REALLY huge success.

The casual fan is usually a moron.

Well... you know what they say about fools and money...

And money is good for business.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
FWIW

Heard Rossi saying....."Jordan Staal will have a lot of say in what happens to him.......by that you can just guess who my source was for this story".

They played that on the FAN. And the hosts just laughed and said, "sounds pretty clear that his source for this story is Jordan Staal himself."

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
FWIW

Heard Rossi saying....."Jordan Staal will have a lot of say in what happens to him.......by that you can just guess who my source was for this story".

They played that on the FAN. And the hosts just laughed and said, "sounds pretty clear that his source for this story is Jordan Staal himself."

An old Capgeek screenshot??

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
There was more to the clip than that. That was the tail end. Talked about the rumor as a whole.

Gotcha. I know you're just the messenger. :)

Rossi seems intent on making this a thing. He's been posting pictures of Staal on his Twitter feed days and days before this rumor broke. That seems telling. Well that and he's a ridiculous fanboy.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Gotcha. I know you're just the messenger. :)

Rossi seems intent on making this a thing. He's been posting pictures of Staal on his Twitter feed days and days before this rumor broke. That seems telling. Well that and he's a ridiculous fanboy.

He always sounds so excited when mentioning he talked to certain players. He mentions their names prominently and excitedly. Like they were buddies sitting down for a few brews, you know, just chillin.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He always sounds so excited when mentioning he talked to certain players. He mentions their names prominently and excitedly. Like they were buddies sitting down for a few brews, you know, just chillin.

He's pretty self-centered.

Even in that little blurb I mentioned earlier today... Rossi made it a point to let his readers know that Captain Sidney Crosby made sure to mention to him that he hadn't seen him around in a while. Like... who cares? Write about the team and give us some REAL insight, you dolt. We don't give a **** about your name dropping.

Last edited:
May 10, 2010

It's more that they pander to the american masculine woman these days. They tapped the hell out of that market when it used to be mostly a man thing. Pun left for fun.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Rossi seems like the kind of person that gets real obsessive and clingy with his friendships & relationships. Not my kinda guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad