Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Jack Johnson stars in 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
Wow, I was just looking at the calories of the IHOP pancakes versus the Bob Evans ones. IHOP is way lower.

Yeah, but look at the calories on IHOP omelettes. I'm told they literally put pancake batter in the omelettes, which makes them very fluffy and delicious, but the calories are ridiculous.

Reactions: molon labe

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
EnP is a safe option if you have kids. It's family friendly which is no doubt a turn off for many of the childless hip kids that are posting (not a criticism, that was me 12 years ago too, except the hip part).

Besides, my favorite of the chain buffet-available family restaurants will always be Hoss's and you can kiss off if you disagree.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They'll probably ride LTIR for awhile to see how Marino does and hope something shakes out.

I like the Burger King burgers. Whatever. Fast food is all comparably okay.

I don't think they can actually do that, at least to open the year. They're not cap compliant with Marino on the roster and they're 10 D deep before putting Trotman on LTIR. I'm not sure what impact Trotman has here, him being hurt complicates things.

I think the Penguins have 3 options:

1. Keep Marino in the AHL, have Ruhwedel as an extra D and be cap compliant
2. Send Marino to the AHL until rosters get finalized, put Rust on LTIR, get rid of Ruhwedel and call cup Marino with Rust's LTIR space.
3. Trade Johnson and you don't worry about the salary cap.

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
Before he's gone forever, maybe we should try to say some nice things about JJ? I thought his best game as a Penguin (other than those he spent in the press box) was the outdoor game in Philadelphia. Maybe skating in slush brought the game down to his speed, but I really liked his game that night (although I still feel traumatized by the ending).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
When someone suggests that anything from McD is “top tier”, instantly that voids all future opinions uttered by such a person of any meaning. Certainly as regards food, but dare I say that everything else is called into question too.

WTF?

Go eat a McGriddle and get back to me. There isn't much that is legitimately great at McDonald's, but their McGriddles are absolutely amazing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
BTW JR is on 93.7 the fan in 3 minutes. If someone wants to listen in and share any interesting tidbits from the interview, that would be nice. Their website is blocked at my work so I can't listen in online.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Nothing at any fast food restaurant, let alone their breakfast menu, is absolutely amazing. :laugh: McGriddles are disgusting, and every time I've ever eaten one I've gotten sick enough to question whether I had food poisoning. Probably didn't; it was just the month's worth of calories, grease and sodium. :laugh:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Go eat a McGriddle and get back to me. There isn't much that is legitimately great at McDonald's, but their McGriddles are absolutely amazing.

Not on my life :D.
The only arguably great thing about McD is their marketing department. Case in point they seem to have you under the impression that they serve something qualifying for the label “food”.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Nothing at any fast food restaurant, let alone their breakfast menu, is absolutely amazing. :laugh: McGriddles are disgusting, and every time I've ever eaten one I've gotten sick enough to question whether I had food poisoning. Probably didn't; it was just the month's worth of calories, grease and sodium. :laugh:

source.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If JJ was a breakfast joint - who would he be?

The dank alley behind that one Sonic you don't ever want to go to. Or maybe a Roy Rogers on the PA turnpike if they did breakfast. Hell on earth.

Why are you so COMFORTABLE with JJ on this team!? WHY AREN'T YOU FREAKING OUT!?

Why isn't YAKUPOV ON GENO'S WING!? Where is SPRONG!?

:laugh:

I SWEAR YOU GUYS WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING I LOGGED ON AND TYPED THIS OUT JUST TO TELL YOU HOW DUMB YOU GUYS ARE FOR TALKING ABOUT BREAKFAST FOODS WHEN YOU COULD BE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE I HATE!

Before he's gone forever, maybe we should try to say some nice things about JJ? I thought his best game as a Penguin (other than those he spent in the press box) was the outdoor game in Philadelphia. Maybe skating in slush brought the game down to his speed, but I really liked his game that night (although I still feel traumatized by the ending).

Don't worry. He's not going anywhere.

Reactions: pokey10

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

Before I agree or disagree....do you consider Krispy Kreme fast food?

Also, our personal states of health, being, and self-worth often persuade our opinion on things. I'm sure I've called certain foods amazing before (such as a Krystal's/White Castle sack full) - which truly were NOT amazing - but at the time, well.....

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad