Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Jack Johnson stars in 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
"We're keeping Marino up with the big club after and exceptional camp/pre-season.*"

*He will be in the press box 100% of the time

Reactions: Pens x

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Here is what I don't get, and I'll be more than happy to listen to detailed explanations.

Nearly the entire offseason threads have revolved around "JJ is bad" conversations. Ok. To what degree though, I think that is up for at least a little debate.

But if I remember correctly, we were swept out of the playoffs by a less talented Isles team in a series where we averaged scoring less than a goal per game. That's a fact, and none of that is up for debate. And yet day after day, week after week the only thing that this board can focus their ire on is JJ?

I don't get it, logically it doesn't add up. To me the focus should be on how we got to the point of being swept by the Isles in such an embarrassing manner and has that been addressed.

Back to your "jj is bad" convo, thank you for you time.

The defense sucking at transitioning the puck was a pretty big part of it and the makeup of the forward roster. Forward make up has changed and JR brought in a few young dmen. JJ is the thing still standing in the way.

What do you think, aside from #FIRESULLY, should be done? I'd be happy to discuss.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Was my thought as well. Old man Rutherford has been around for a while to have known these little tricks.

I'm 150 posts behind with this reply...

But..

See: attempted to reacquire Hagelin last year after he already retained on him.

Not sure JR knows these tricks that well.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
In all seriousness; I think Rust's injury screwed up JR's backup plan regarding JJ. He was going to try and move JJ without a piece as significant as Rust being included, i.e. DeSmith or Jarry or whatever, but couldn't, and his backup was Rust before he got injured--again.

We'll see what happens. I still think JJ will be gone by Thanksgiving, but I also think we're going to use Rust as the vehicle to get JJ out of here. Particularly after another couple of months of playing like complete dumpster water and/or being scratched regularly, which is what I expect with regard to JJ.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The defense sucking at transitioning the puck was a pretty big part of it and the makeup of the forward roster. Forward make up has changed and JR brought in a few young dmen. JJ is the thing still standing in the way.

What do you think, aside from #FIRESULLY, should be done? I'd be happy to discuss.

I think JR is doing his part, now we wait and see how Coach Sully manages the team. I could get back on board with Sully this year if he doesn't get too stubborn with the lineup. But I hate what I've seen with him the last 2 seasons and yes he is my biggest question mark heading into the new campaign.

JR will once again tweek the roster, I trust he'll make the right decisions.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Okay - I'll preface this by admitting I get overly skeptical about towns that "claim" generic food items.

Is Montreal known for smoked meat, bagels, smothered french fries? And if so - is it any better than anywhere else? How so? California has the best Avocados (if you're inclined), but that's probably because they only traveled 25 ft to your table. They also have the best strawberries. The pineapple I had in Thailand was unlike any I've had anywhere else.....The Florida Gulf shrimp is better than any other shrimp in the states...etc.

But smoked meat? Like -are the wood chips they use harvested from some enchanted forest? I'm just curious because I love food...and find myself let down by the overly-hyped nature of food reviewers these days.

It's pretty good. I think the meat and bagels are just styles that are pretty unique to Montreal more than some revelation. If you're there and into food you might as well try all 3. As far as Canada goes, they're known for it.

Reactions: molon labe

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Wait, so JJ isn't being traded now??

iu

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So to me - this is quite telling. I think they have an idea of a defense being traded (whether it's Ruh for a conditional pick and/or JJ). They aren't going to play Riikola and I don't think Gally will be ready. So i think something is up.

What it all means? Who knows... but actions >>>> words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad