Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Jack Johnson stars in 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I don't think they can actually do that, at least to open the year. They're not cap compliant with Marino on the roster and they're 10 D deep before putting Trotman on LTIR. I'm not sure what impact Trotman has here, him being hurt complicates things.

I think the Penguins have 3 options:

1. Keep Marino in the AHL, have Ruhwedel as an extra D and be cap compliant
2. Send Marino to the AHL until rosters get finalized, put Rust on LTIR, get rid of Ruhwedel and call cup Marino with Rust's LTIR space.
3. Trade Johnson and you don't worry about the salary cap.

Once desmith is done and Rust and Trotman go on LTIR they can. They might finagle things at the beginning but for opening night they'll be fine. 12F, 9D and 2G with LTIR handling the cap. It's not ideal and if a forward can't go they can't do it, but they could make it work. It won't last and I suspect JR will be working on a trade but it buys them time.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Before I agree or disagree....do you consider Krispy Kreme fast food?

Also, our personal states of health, being, and self-worth often persuade our opinion on things. I'm sure I've called certain foods amazing before (such as a Krystal's/White Castle sack full) - which truly were NOT amazing - but at the time, well.....
Relax, Aristotle. :laugh:

Man, it's almost hockey season and Yohe had to get one last "the off-season is miserable" shot in.

Here's to hoping that dumb-dumb was right in the end.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Because it's 10:49am on a mother f***ing Tuesday, and we're all waiting for something JJ related, I'll post that to kick the hive. :laugh:

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Relax, Aristotle. :laugh:

I'll relax when JJ is off the team.

iu

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So from what I've found on twitter, JR said that Crosby will play tomorrow and Rust is out long term. That's not surprising. JR also said that "DeSmith is the perfect #2 goalie, but Jarry has higher upside".

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Imagine a diner but all of the food tastes like nothing. That's basically Eat 'n Park. Everything is just so average, nothing actually tastes good there outside of their lava cakes.

I don't live near Pitt, but I've seen Eat N Park.

But now that I know that have lava cakes I might just make the 4 hr trip just for that. Dominoes' lava cakes are pretty freakin good, although how hard is it to eff those up?

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really hope that means no longer than his usual 6-8 weeks and not Schultz territory from last year...Rust is already frustrating the fanbase...

If it's a broken wrist/hand it's probably 6-8 weeks.

I also feel like this furthers the idea that Rust is super injury prone.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Here is what I don't get, and I'll be more than happy to listen to detailed explanations.

Nearly the entire offseason threads have revolved around "JJ is bad" conversations. Ok. To what degree though, I think that is up for at least a little debate.

But if I remember correctly, we were swept out of the playoffs by a less talented Isles team in a series where we averaged scoring less than a goal per game. That's a fact, and none of that is up for debate. And yet day after day, week after week the only thing that this board can focus their ire on is JJ?

I don't get it, logically it doesn't add up. To me the focus should be on how we got to the point of being swept by the Isles in such an embarrassing manner and has that been addressed.

Back to your "jj is bad" convo, thank you for you time.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
So from what I've found on twitter, JR said that Crosby will play tomorrow and Rust is out long term. That's not surprising. JR also said that "DeSmith is the perfect #2 goalie, but Jarry has higher upside".

He pretty much eluded to the fact that, the only reason Jarry didn't get sent down because he knows he'd get claimed.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
JR just said the Yohe rumor was shoddy journalism and there was no truth to it. Then again it's not like he would say it's true.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
To be honest, I feel like that's the kind of reply he has to give in that case, no? He can't say "it was true, we just couldn't trade JJ".

Meh, he really laid into him and said journalists have 24 hour access to him and he was never contacted or asked anything about JJ's status.

Just goes to show that nobody should listen to any of the local guys for info. It's only the big national guys that get the tips.

Reactions: Louis Hensler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad