Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Is one moon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Really could be alot of guys from there:

Miller, Scandella, McCabe, Montour, Bogo.

Like i stated yesterday BUF is stacked at both LD and RD (Gilmour, Pilut, Fitzgerald in the A).
Seems to me tho that Miller and McCabe are the guys getting HS'ed(i believe).
I would take any of the guys i mentioned except Bogo.

Reactions: 66-30-33

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I still say load up as much as possible with guys that can transition to offense. So I think Miller or Montour make the most sense for the Pens. It gives them a Schultz replacement for next year and they can trade Schultz for some help up front this year.

I'd prefer Montour, but being a RFA, he's not as cost controlled as Miller. I like Miller, but being a healthy scratch on 2 teams in a row now is a little bit concerning.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Problem is next season you have to probably choose between AA and Kahun due to cap issues. For me, that looks like a fairly easy call in Kahun's favour and as such, I don't see any particular reason to do it. I'd rather have Kahun and straight futures for Galchenyuk.

Alright, I guess that's worth thinking about.

Reactions: Peat

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I said it when he left... Sheary can score goals at the NHL level. Put that little dude in Simon's role as a 12th forward and watch him do his thing. Short-term contract. Not too much of a hassle. We know what he brings. He can score 100 goals on Hank.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I agree that we should be saving picks where we can, but this team is too good to not upgrade it immediately and sacrifice the future. All those years we were "all in." Dumb. This team has it to be "all in." Those teams never did because they weren't deep enough.
there have been enough time's "all in" didn't work all that well.(including for a few other teams) and where one or two picks a few years back or even last year (if we could of moved up a little) would of done so much more.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Alright, I guess that's worth thinking about.

Tbf, you could grab AA then flip him at the end of the season.

But I think AA would run into Chucky's same problem in terms of our top 9 already being pretty loaded to the point that Sully doesn't have to tolerate guys who aren't great away from the puck if he doesn't want to. Hell, even if he does want to, it doesn't take much for the guy concerned to get healthy scratched simply because everyone else is better (if all healthy)

For me, if we're going to replace Chucky with a forward, they've got to be good enough to unambiguously kick Kahun down the pecking order.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Tbf, you could grab AA then flip him at the end of the season.

But I think AA would run into Chucky's same problem in terms of our top 9 already being pretty loaded to the point that Sully doesn't have to tolerate guys who aren't great away from the puck if he doesn't want to. Hell, even if he does want to, it doesn't take much for the guy concerned to get healthy scratched simply because everyone else is better (if all healthy)

For me, if we're going to replace Chucky with a forward, they've got to be good enough to unambiguously kick Kahun down the pecking order.

Are you saying Jimmy Vesey doesn’t do that?!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah I sincerely hope that if they go after a forward (and they should) that they don't halfass it.

Fullass that shit or don't bother.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
What’s Miller like compared to Schultz as far as skating, break-outs, transition, etc? I have seen very little of him recently I feel.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I said it when he left... Sheary can score goals at the NHL level. Put that little dude in Simon's role as a 12th forward and watch him do his thing. Short-term contract. Not too much of a hassle. We know what he brings. He can score 100 goals on Hank.

Sheary also falls down and gets pushed down in the NHL playoffs when the checking gets tighter.

He was also a Sully pet who got gobs of favorable zone starts. I'm happy he's found a role in Buffalo, but good riddance.

That being said Simon offers way more defensively than Sheary ever did. So I'll take Simon any day of the week over Sheary.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Well we havent won a cup since he left so...

Reactions: Hamurai

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh

And he will never score on us again. That will get us another 4 points a year :)

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sheary also falls down and gets pushed down in the NHL playoffs when the checking gets tighter.

He was also a Sully pet who got gobs of favorable zone starts. I'm happy he's found a role in Buffalo, but good riddance.

That being said Simon offers way more defensively than Sheary ever did. So I'll take Simon any day of the week over Sheary.

well he was playing with Sid a lot so obviously he’s going to get favourable zone starts.

When he was wasn’t playing well he still got scratched or demoted to the 4th line. I think the Sully pet stuff gets overblown (overall not just Sheary).

In regards to Simon/Sheary they are different players so depends what the line they are playing on needs. Both sit in the same area in terms of player hierarchy.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
well he was playing with Sid a lot so obviously he’s going to get favourable zone starts.

When he was wasn’t playing well he still got scratched or demoted to the 4th line. I think the Sully pet stuff gets overblown (overall not just Sheary).

In regards to Simon/Sheary they are different players so depends what the line they are playing on needs. Both sit in the same area in terms of player hierarchy.

Wasn't Sheary dating Sully's cousin or something?

Reactions: ownal

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
If we are trading AG we better get their 1st round pick too. Since thats what it would cost to get him at deadline. 1st round +, +.

You dont look at it from how hes performing with us after 20 games. But his past few years. Teams give up 1st rounders for players way worse than him

I still say wait to trade...this could end up backfiring. We are scoring fine without him. So idc about losing him, its more about getting the return we should. This is a luxury that we might waste. Definitely no to Colin Miller. Who is signed til 2022 at 3.875 mil. That would set us back after the good JR has done clearing out contracts.

Id take Montour. But if its Scandella who is UFA too...we should be getting a 1st rounder as well.

We are the ones with leverage. Sabres have 8dmen. They want AG to help with their offense then we should get a 1st plus one of the D.

This is why you dont trade when guys are struggling tho. AG could go there and put up 50 pts the rest of the way for all we know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Wasn't Sheary dating Sully's cousin or something?

Niece. They still traded him though. Even though that’s JR’s department Sully has a lot of power/influence at the Pens. I’d say equally as JR and maybe even more so.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'd take Sheary back. We've got a ton of players who can insultate him well. Like Cole said, bounce him around the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad