Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Is one moon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
Yohe was just on Sirius NHL and host started off saying if Galchenyuk can only score 2 goals on this team who would want him? Yohe says Galchenyuk lacks hockey sense and him playing on the 4th line with all these injuries tells you what Sully and the staff think of him.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Yohe was just on Sirius NHL and host started off saying if Galchenyuk can only score 2 goals on this team who would want him? Yohe says Galchenyuk lacks hockey sense and him playing on the 4th line with all these injuries tells you what Sully and the staff think of him.

Oh boy, the local smear campaign in full effect. I wonder if he gambles :sarcasm:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I wouldn't trade Chucky for futures unless of course you have another deal lined up right afterwards(prefer Chucky out and a F or D back).
But the Bjugs, ZAR's, Simon's can go for simply picks for all i care. We have better in the minors.
Chucky still serves a purpose and WILL create via passing and pot some goals.
Lafferty, AJ, Noesen, DiPauli, Agg's, Militec, Angello can all do the grouping aboves jobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019

Who would want him? Maybe GMs who rate the nearly 500 games he played before coming here higher than the 20 game SSS we've witnessed. I cant think of a single example of a player struggling in one system succeeding in another. If he's underachieving on one team (especially a talented team like the pens) he'll definitely suck everywhere else. Exactly why guys like Perron and Brassard are out of the league, couldn't hack it here so every other GM knew they were worthless.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He also missed a bunch of time so going “lol only two goals!”isn’t telling the whole story but that’s Yohe for you, he’s not exactly getting paid for analysis. It’s not like he’s Perron or Brassard and is just a useless stiff repeatedly hurting the team, he’s just kind of there, making the odd play here and there but not really driving anything offensively.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Im not a huge advanced stats guy but I just saw that Blueger has 70% Dzone starts with a CF% of 54%. Isnt that really f***ing good? Everyone else with similar deployment numbers has CF% in the mid to low 40s.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
So Chucky is worth Risto?

Well there was a point in time when Risto didn't look like he was worth 8th overall pick....constant trade proposals

Speaking of Buffalo. Giving up on O' Reilly for a return of Berglund, Sobotka, Tage Thompson(jury still out) and 1st round pick (dman Ryan Johnson). Berglund did nothing for them and out of league. Sobokta is still...Sobotka. And they took a dman with that 1st rounder when what they need is a player like OReilly. Now that they have a solid D corps, they need more scoring. I can see AG fitting in well there with the top 6 they have(he wouldn't be on 4th line getting 8 mins). So we shouldnt be settling for anything but a great return. Id add ZAR or Simon to him as well to make it better.

I like when JR goes after players who need a change of scenery. I hate when we are in this situation. He gave up on Hagelin too early in the season. Instead of waiting til deadline. Dont trade AG before mid Jan or Feb. . You get alot more around then when teams want to go all in. Especially if some have injuries to their top 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: ownal and Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He also missed a bunch of time so going “lol only two goals!”isn’t telling the whole story but that’s Yohe for you, he’s not exactly getting paid for analysis. It’s not like he’s Perron or Brassard and is just a useless stiff repeatedly hurting the team, he’s just kind of there, making the odd play here and there but not really driving anything offensively.

He probably doesn’t make the media laugh or show them pictures of his dogs.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Who would want him? Maybe GMs who rate the nearly 500 games he played before coming here higher than the 20 game SSS we've witnessed. I cant think of a single example of a player struggling in one system succeeding in another. If he's underachieving on one team (especially a talented team like the pens) he'll definitely suck everywhere else. Exactly why guys like Perron and Brassard are out of the league, couldn't hack it here so every other GM knew they were worthless.

Haha....thank you

For bringing this back to reality.

It's like theres short term memory loss each season. Hell....each week.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He gave up on Hagelin too quick. Instead of waiting til deadline. Dont trade AG before then. You get alot more around then when teams want to go all in. Especially if some have injuries to their top 6.

exactly...if we’re just going to trade him for futures, wait until nearer the TDL when prices will be higher and play him higher in the lineup so he can try to generate more points...JR has no idea how to get best value in trades....

if you want to trade him for another underachieving player, then fine but that better be someone who fits what we need, which is speed and a finishing touch...I just don’t think AG will bring that type of player back...we’ll see..

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh

Brassard is performing very well on an Islanders team this season. He looks like the Brassard we wanted. He will play into another decent contract. Pearson also has been having a great season in Vancouver. I don't see this.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
To be clear the host is the one who stated that he only has 2 goals playing on a team with Crosby and Malkin. Not Yohe. All Yohe did was talk about him on the 4th line and JRs recent comments about him maybe not having a spot when they are healthy.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Brassard is performing very well on an Islanders team this season. He looks like the Brassard we wanted. He will play into another decent contract. Pearson also has been having a great season in Vancouver. I don't see this.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

He was joking

Expanding on Buffalo's situaton...I forgot about them being stuck with Okposo contract til 2023. 6mil. Knew that would hurt them. And they need that money to re-up some players this offseason.

So again, if they are the ones we are trading AG to...we better get full value.

Look at it this way, lets say AG was on another team doing this. Who here wouldn't want the Pens to jump all over that ? And be willing to give up 1st round, plus...

Reactions: ownal

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
McCabe could make for an awesome partner for Marino moving forward.

McCabe would be a worthwhile get for Galchenyuk if they think he can be a consistent 15-20 min defenseman in the Ian Cole mold.

McCabe is trash and I’m not sure why people consistently bring him up.

I’m targeting Rodrigues tbh.

Yeah - 4th line depth guy is so much better than a guy who is playing 20 mins a night on defense.

If we are trading AG we better get their 1st round pick too. Since thats what it would cost to get him at deadline. 1st round +, +.

You dont look at it from how hes performing with us after 20 games. But his past few years. Teams give up 1st rounders for players way worse than him

I still say wait to trade...this could end up backfiring. We are scoring fine without him. So idc about losing him, its more about getting the return we should. This is a luxury that we might waste. Definitely no to Colin Miller. Who is signed til 2022 at 3.875 mil. That would set us back after the good JR has done clearing out contracts.

Id take Montour. But if its Scandella who is UFA too...we should be getting a 1st rounder as well.

We are the ones with leverage. Sabres have 8dmen. They want AG to help with their offense then we should get a 1st plus one of the D.

This is why you dont trade when guys are struggling tho. AG could go there and put up 50 pts the rest of the way for all we know.

You need to curb expectations. I'm only saying this for your own benefit because your about to get seriously let down.

"What team would want a player who was traded for Phil Kessel like 5 months ago?"

Lol nothing new, Yohe just being a moron.

Who we traded for Galchenyuk is irrelevant. He is here, and he is not good. That's what it is.

In business Galchenyuk is the saying "throwing good money after bad."

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, forgot about Risto too in my list. Oops.
I'd certainly prefer him over Miller.
Scandella would be perfect tho...
I don't THINK he's the one up for sale tho so the list is:

Risto, Montour, Miller, McCabe, Bogo.
And out of them, i'd probably take Montour off it too as probably not being shopped.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Didnt Yohe say that JR pulled Johnson aside and told him he was going to trade him.... Only for both parties to say that was completely fabricated?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Didnt Yohe say that JR pulled Johnson aside and told him he was going to trade him.... Only for both parties to say that was completely fabricated?

Ish. Yohe didn't say that iirc, I think it was more Rutherford let his agent know...

... And Rutherford's denial wasn't really convincing.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, forgot about Risto too in my list. Oops.
I'd certainly prefer him over Miller.
Scandella would be perfect tho...
I don't THINK he's the one up for sale tho so the list is:

Risto, Montour, Miller, McCabe, Bogo.
And out of them, i'd probably take Montour off it too as probably not being shopped.

So the question for here would be who would you like out of:

Risto
Scandella
McCabe
Bogo
Miller

?

ETA: Wait Scandella's UFA i just realized so perhaps add him back in.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I feel like Galchenyuk for sure has value. For as disappointing as he’s been, he’s still at a 40 point pace with limited ice time.

It’ll probably be a Pearson/Hagelin type of trade but some team will definitely give up some value for him.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
AG likely has second round pick value, which isn’t bad.

I just don’t want to see a swap for another struggling guy like Hags for Pearson.

Just move him for futures and try to find what AG was supposed to be in another trade.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
McCabe would be a worthwhile get for Galchenyuk if they think he can be a consistent 15-20 min defenseman in the Ian Cole mold.

Yeah - 4th line depth guy is so much better than a guy who is playing 20 mins a night on defense.

You need to curb expectations. I'm only saying this for your own benefit because your about to get seriously let down.

Who we traded for Galchenyuk is irrelevant. He is here, and he is not good. That's what it is.

My expectations are exactly what the league has been doing for years. Thats why Im bringing it up. How AG suddenly became this bad player is beyond me. If Kessel never got traded to us and we go on to win two cups he could have headed down same path. AG playing in Montreal, as tbeir top player so of course he was gonna take some cricticism. But the kid produced. Not to mention he was solid in the playoffs. His 2 OT playoff goals are 1 more than what Sid has done in his career.

Instead AG goes to Coyotes for one year then traded again. Dont think it would take some adjusting? Look at how moving around affected Brassard..and now hes back to himself.

Sully isn't the best coach for getting the most out of certain players. He doesnt have patience for natural talent. He has it for the guys with less skill who can play an all around game. Which is fine, but there's some series/matchups in the playoffs that you need that extra goal scorer in a tight/low scoring series. Thats where guys like Kessel, Neal, AG, etc come in. Sully would have hated Neal too.

Anyway the point ive been trying to make is what AG is worth around the league. You dont accept way less after a 20 game sample size here. You still get full value even if it's futures. Id take a 1st rounder and top prospect. Give me that over a Scandella swap whos a UFA too and doesnt add any offense. 1st and Scandella or 1st and top prospect. Thats what it " should be". If you look around and see what players of AGs caliber receive in trades. Just look at the two he was involved in himself. 1 for 1 swap with Domi. Then him and prospect for Kessel. After those 2 trades, youd be willing to dump him for cap space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad