Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Is one moon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't see the point in trading something mediocre for something else mediocre just in a slightly different way. If it's gotta be Buffalo just go with futures FFS. At least Gooch is being held out of the top six... we'd not have the same luxury with friggin' Sheary.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Kessel really screwed us there. If the Zucker deal had done through, the Pens are sitting pretty. I assume Kreider would be the easier get, but I think it would take more than Chucky. Maybe Chucky and Simon for Kreider?

Unfortunately that would get laughed at...Kreider will go for a lot more. I would love him here but someone is giving a 1st+ for him.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I think you'd have difficulty with moving Galchenyuk for futures, plus I think Sheary's past success with Crosby is worth mentioning. Is he an ideal option? No, but your top line RW when healthy is Simon if you don't acquire someone else.

Sheary isn't anything special, but he fits the system, skates extremely well and has meshed with Crosby in the past. If nothing else, it's swapping a guy who's not good here for a guy who was good here a couple of years ago.

I also think Botteril would have interest in Simon as he's had experience with him prior. I just want that option removed from our roster personally.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sheary is like Bizarro Simon. Complete dogshit defensively and away from the puck and gets put on his ass whenever anyone goes near him, but has a sneaky good shot. Simon's shot is abysmal, but he's solid when it comes to doing "the little things" well and not being a liability without the puck.

Kessel really screwed us there. If the Zucker deal had done through, the Pens are sitting pretty. I assume Kreider would be the easier get, but I think it would take more than Chucky. Maybe Chucky and Simon for Kreider?
I don't think that gets us Kreider, but if it does, sign me the f*** up. :laugh: I'm not sure who would be easier to get. Kreider is from a divisional rival, but he's a FA this summer. Zucker's from a team toiling in mediocrity, but still within striking distance of the playoffs.

Probably going to be a much more clear picture in two months.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I just don't see the desperation in getting rid of the guy if it's for a Sheary caliber player right back. I don't think they are even really solving much they couldn't by simply bumping Gooch's TOI up and dealing with his issues. They need a real solution for the top six. They don't need another approximation of Dom Simon just with different warts.

I wouldn't usually care so much but I think this particular iteration of the team deserves to have two fully functioning scoring lines. They have "that" look about them this year and they shouldn't halfass it.

Reactions: ownal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad