Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread:(G-DAY) Ned; Watch Out For That First Step, It's A Doozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I could see a borderline playoff team adding him. Someone like Anaheim or LA.

Or maybe you move him to Vancouver with a pick for Schenn.

Getting a bigger Dman for Ruh and subtracting ZAR is a win win to me. I'm happy with a 6/7 pick for him.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I don't mind the idea of getting another bottom pairing defenseman I guess. I'm neither here nor there on Ruhwedel.
it's embarrassing to see guys standing around and not touching the guys in front of our net. remember when riiky cleared that guy away (it should be a routine play) but it happens so rarely we made a big deal of it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
NHL GMs: one GM trades a 1st rounder for Goodrow before another GM pays him $3.5 million long term
Uneducated HFPens posters: who would even want ZAR at $1.75 million?

I really wish the people who just spend their entire time bitching here would even slightly attempt to educate themselves on literally any other team.

At absolute worst, ZAR brings back a 4th rounder, and I'd probably bet a 3rd rounder as a bit more realistic. Cody Eakin in 2020 had the same exact stat line as ZAR has right now (10 points in 41 games) and made $3.85 million, and was still traded for a 3rd.

Reactions: Peat and Daeni10

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
it's embarrassing to see guys standing around and not touching the guys in front of our net. remember when riiky cleared that guy away (it should be a routine play) but it happens so rarely we made a big deal of it.

My only hesitation is that this same sentiment previously resulted in the Penguins trading multiple picks for Douglas Murray. It's got to be the right guy at the right price.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
NHL GMs: one GM trades a 1st rounder for Goodrow before another GM pays him $3.5 million long term

I really wish the people who just spend their entire time bitching here would even slightly attempt to educate themselves on literally any other team.

At absolute worst, ZAR brings back a 4th rounder, and I'd probably bet a 3rd rounder as a bit more realistic. Cody Eakin in 2020 had the same exact stat line as ZAR has right now (10 points in 41 games) and made $3.85 million, and was still traded for a 3rd.
No one is going to give us a third round pick for ZAR. If that’s been dangled, shame on Sully for sleeping, not taking that and running.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No one is going to give us a third round pick for ZAR. If that’s been dangled, shame on Sully for sleeping, not taking that and running.

I literally provided a player with an identical stat line that made over 2x as much as ZAR that brought back a 3rd as a rental.

Again, for the love of Christ, please spend 30 seconds getting informed on literally any other team or what trades actually happen before you post nonsense.

I don't know if this is just you being completely uneducated or if it's just you being edgy for the sake of being edgy, but it's superbly annoying to read.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I’d like to keep Ruh for insurance purposes this season.

Right, at this point they have no room to subtract but only to add depth.

I don't like the Schenn talk, kind of see him as a slightly better JJ.

I think they need a guy who can take on serious minutes to pair with Matheson. Matheson isn't sheltered minutes wise like Ruhwedel is. They are getting by with Ruh, but he doesn't bring much more in the clearing the crease or a PK role that you'd want from a defensive D-man.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Right, at this point they have no room to subtract but only to add depth.

I don't like the Schenn talk, kind of see him as a slightly better JJ.

I think they need a guy who can take on serious minutes to pair with Matheson. Matheson isn't sheltered minutes wise like Ruhwedel is. They are getting by with Ruh, but he doesn't bring much more in the clearing the crease or a PK role that you'd want from a defensive D-man.

I think Schenn has been great for years tbh. Basically since his last stint in Vancouver.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

If we could get a 3rd for ZAR I'd be floored. I mean absolutely hope you're right...but I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If we could get a 3rd for ZAR I'd be floored. I mean absolutely hope you're right...but I'll believe it when I see it.

Idk I think you just have to realize that GMs don't value draft picks nearly as much as what people here think they are worth.

The guys traded for 3rd round picks in the last few years include guys like Eakin, Gustafsson, Vesey, Siegenthaler, an awful Montour, a washed up Marleau and a washed up Staal. Teams don't value those kind of picks very highly.

I think people on here just shit on ZAR to such extreme levels that they don't realize that getting a 3rd for him isn't much because a 3rd rounder is pretty low in value. Look at who the Penguins have traded 3rd rounders for, it's guys like a reclamation project Schultz, Goc, a washed up Marleau and a reclamation project Sheahan.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Idk I think you just have to realize that GMs don't value draft picks nearly as much as what people here think they are worth.

The guys traded for 3rd round picks in the last few years include guys like Eakin, Gustafsson, Vesey, Siegenthaler, an awful Montour, a washed up Marleau and a washed up Staal. Teams don't value those kind of picks very highly.

I mean, I think you are being harsh on Siegenthaler and Montour.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I mean, I think you are being harsh on Siegenthaler and Montour.

Uh, I specifically remember you going in that Florida thread at the time of the trade saying how bad Montour was. Really weird take from you.

But even take out those other teams, just look at who the Penguins have traded 3rd rounders for in the past. There's Marleau, Sheahan as a reclamation project, Schultz as a reclamation project and Goc.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

I think people on here just shit on ZAR to such extreme levels that they don't realize that getting a 3rd for him isn't much because a 3rd rounder is pretty low in value. Look at who the Penguins have traded 3rd rounders for, it's guys like a reclamation project Schultz, Goc, a washed up Marleau and a reclamation project Sheahan.
To me, ZAR has negative value. I assume we’d have to add a third and ZAR for a 6th or 7th.

But it’s like all moot. Hextall would never take him from mastermind Sully.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
To me, ZAR has negative value. I assume we’d have to add a third and ZAR for a 6th or 7th.

I think a 5th for ZAR is a steal...maybe there's a team out there that values him. But that would require Hex and Sully to sell him. Hope they suprise me.

As it stands. You can't convince me Zohorna and DOC wouldn't upgrade ZAR/Simon

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

I don't know how many examples Emp has to give you, but ZAR has the exact value of what you'd expect from a normal low-offense bottom 6er. Adam Gaudette paces for roughly the same goals and points as ZAR and got traded for Matthew Highmore. Michal Raffl was a UFA and fetched a 5th.

You have a skewed view of what a negative-value player is in this league

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think Schenn has been great for years tbh. Basically since his last stint in Vancouver.

In a depth role not a skate every single game minute muncher. He's been that this year in a sense, so I'll accept it, and he spent the last couple on a super team in Tampa very sheltered.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

That’s because your evaluation of the sport and anything associated with it is terrible.

Last edited:

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
we could use a defense man that can/will clear the front of the net. imo
Anybody know where someone could find a heat map of goals allowed by the Pens? I feel like front of the net isn't an area of concern so much as pucks hitting our own d-men and going in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino