Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap - The stonemason does all the work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Interesting idea, let's say the Wild trade Zucker here for the Penguins 1st and other irrelevant assets at the deadline and Jarry continues to have success. Would you trade Murray to Minnesota for Dubnyk and the Penguins 1st back at the draft? You solve the issue of just unconditionally giving the reins over to Jarry, since Dubnyk himself is a very proven goalie, and you keep your 1st in a very deep draft.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Honestly the Wild as a team don't even look that bad (outside of the PK). It's just that Dubnyk sucks, their PK sucks and they don't have many guys who can score goals or generate chances. You can shut down most of their lines by shutting down the only offensive driver that their lines have.

Bruce Brodreau sucks! Like Devin Dubnyk is so mentally fragile nobody, not his teammates ever call him out!

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Interesting idea, let's say the Wild trade Zucker here for the Penguins 1st and other irrelevant assets at the deadline and Jarry continues to have success. Would you trade Murray to Minnesota for Dubnyk and the Penguins 1st back at the draft? You solve the issue of just unconditionally giving the reins over to Jarry, since Dubnyk himself is a very proven goalie, and you keep your 1st in a very deep draft.

f*** no

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Remember when Dubnyk won the Masterton because he stopped sucking at his job, beating out Kris Letang who had just returned from a f***ing stroke? :laugh:

I think about that sometimes and remember that the NHL awards don't mean a damn thing.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Probably not because of the cap hit. 4.33 mil is a lot for a back up. Would get more use out of an extra 2-3 mil for the skaters.

EDIT: He’s also having a terrible year.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Yes, but I think we’d have competition for Murray and may be able to get a higher first...for example, I’d eye Buffalo, who’ll have at least a mid-round pick and we could get Hutton or Ullmark back...I’m sure Botts would have interest in Murray...Carolina has two first round picks...

edit...also forgot OTT who should have great interest in Murray...if lottery teams don’t get into the top 5 or 6 draft picks, and have a need for a good goalie, I could see an opportunity there

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Remember when Dubnyk won the Masterton because he stopped sucking at his job, beating out Kris Letang who had just returned from a ****ing stroke? :laugh:

I think about that sometimes and remember that the NHL awards don't mean a damn thing.

Jagr got one for being old over Zuccarello with the fractured skull and Dupuis with the no sense of self preservation.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Good night for the Pens from a trade perspective as the Preds and Wild both lose, and hopefully the Hawks only get a point...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Good night for the Pens from a trade perspective as the Preds and Wild both lose, and hopefully the Hawks only get a point...
Hawks win, which hurts the Wild.

They play on tuesday, tune in.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Jason
giphy.gif

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean, if it's not a concussion his neck is boogered up. Either way, seems like a lot of "nothing to worry about, nobody panic". :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You're a horrendous roster

I just mean.. their center depth is a bunch of players past their prime or just mediocre. Staal has been very good, but nothing else there is impressive.

The wings outside of Zucker are a bunch of Pittsburgh Penguin type players, like Greenway, Fiala, and Donato are decent enough, but they are mostly 30-50 pt guys. If that.

The D is solid. But Spurgeron and Suter are just getting older and Brodin and Dumba aren’t good enough to step in and be legit top pairing guys.

And that goalie tandem blows.

Boudreau is the next Trotz. Put him in a market that matters (I was hoping he’d sign with Dallas tbh) and he is going to win a cup.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If Toffoli is cheap I’d be pretty interested in bringing him on board with Zucker. I’d be interested to see him on a more offensive, aggressive (and importantly good) team in the East.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd rather trade Hallander than POJ because the Penguins have a lot more 2-way C and LW in their prospect pool than puck moving LD. Between the NHL and prospect pool, you have McCann, Blueger, Lafferty, Poulin and Bjorkqvist who project as being potentially middle-6 LW or C. Who do you have that projects to be a #4 or #5 PM LD? I think Phillips and Riikola may be the only two guys.

Regardless, Boston is up 1-0 on Minnesota right now. Minnesota actually looks pretty good to me, they're like a good goalie and 1 or 2 good forwards away from being a legit team IMO.

I'm not sure POJ projects as a PMD. I think he's more of a Dumo type going from the scouting reports. And while we are thin there, I feel pretty good about our top 4 being locked down for a long time, which makes me okay with the idea "we'll figure the bottom pairing out somehow".

And while it looks like our middle 6 should be locked down for a long time, we just burn through those guys so fast I want maximum depth. We might trade someone like this this summer to ease roster strain. I think we probably lose a guy like that in the expansion draft, and maybe lose another if that doesn't cover Marino's pay raise. Not to mention I have very little faith in Bjorkqvist right now and think Lafferty's no sure bet to get there.

Has there actually been any indication that CHI would trade Saad this season? I feel like as long as they have Kane/Toews, the mandate will always be to win. Doesnt make sense for them to move Saad. If anything it would be during the draft in a hockey deal.

Some. There's been a handful of rumours. That said, the most recent ones are that they want to add if they think they can make it, because they're windowlicking oxygen thieves.

I think they should move Saad now if they want to because that price is going way down in the summer, but I don't think they're going to sad to say.

Yeah, at this point, I'm starting to think it's Zucker or bust. That "bust" still may be Smith or Toffoli, so it's not a super bad option, but guys like Kreider, Saad and Tatar are quickly becoming non-options now.

Why a no on Tatar (or Palms for that matter)? Can't see the price being reasonable?

I'd regard Dubnyk as a cap dump and want to be compensated accordingly. Don't rate him at all. Give me DeSmith instead.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Why a no on Tatar (or Palms for that matter)? Can't see the price being reasonable?

I think it was Seravalli that said a couple of days ago that Petry/Tatar will only move if someone pays alot. Bergevin wants to keep them because he thinks they can make a run next year.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad