Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap - The stonemason does all the work

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Except, you know, they were legally able to visit. And, they (the family) didn't bring it up publically as a way to deter any trades/moves.

shes allowed to leave the state... I just read several interviews with her talking about trips with him to arizona and other away games... its probably just a typical clause where she cannot move without reopening the custody... like I said I’ve had friends go through this kind of thing... actually the mother for whatever reason seems to have a lot of power there... if she wants to go its probably happening

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Oh FFS, semantics. This was gone over like 2 weeks ago. It's really nothing like the Cullen situation. They can't freely be here with him. Court/spouse has to approve.

Point being, it's not up to them. Cullen's made a choice. And didn't raise a stink to get out of it once.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Things have certainly changed since then. Who knows. I don't take McKenzie at full tort anymore, not as much as I used too. He, many of the others have seen this time of year get worse and worse, "Crickets bad" where there's not much to a TDL day worthy of sitting here F5ing all day.

My point here is, he's not (not as much as the others) below slinging anything to get clicks/interests.Parroting things at times. Some of it is obvious that even us here can figure it out without a word from their mouths/fingertips. We could almost host our own TDL segment.

That would be pretty cool.

@Empoleon8771 @Tom Hanks @Andy99 @Peat for our insiders (I'm sure there are others who can do this as well)@Shureshot < is he even still around? @ColePens for analysis or his perspective on possible targets, and if we could persuade @HandshakeLin for his snarkiness perspective?

I actually like that pairing of ColePens/HSL), and pairing everyone up like they do on TDL day.

@BHD to be the co-host with @Scandale du Jour since a Mod would have to have control over the thread(s). Add their takes.

I can come up with a HFB-Pens TDL graphic and maybe some incredible paint work by @Randy Butternubs? Basically, nobody but the guys doing the show can post in the main thread, (is this possible?) and have a secondary reactionary thread to respond to their findings. Keep things nice and tidy, not hard to find having to read through all the reactionary post there.

Let's go Rogue!

What do they know we don't already know? I'm sure we have some legit insiders without spilling the beans on who they are. "MY SOURCES SAID"

Just a thought. Could be more fun than what we already/normally do, or is it too much work?

Get this man a medal, this is genius

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Things have certainly changed since then. Who knows. I don't take McKenzie at full tort anymore, not as much as I used too. He, many of the others have seen this time of year get worse and worse, "Crickets bad" where there's not much to a TDL day worthy of sitting here F5ing all day.

My point here is, he's not (not as much as the others) below slinging anything to get clicks/interests.Parroting things at times. Some of it is obvious that even us here can figure it out without a word from their mouths/fingertips. We could almost host our own TDL segment.

That would be pretty cool.

@Empoleon8771 @Tom Hanks @Andy99 @Peat for our insiders (I'm sure there are others who can do this as well)@Shureshot < is he even still around? @ColePens for analysis or his perspective on possible targets, and if we could persuade @HandshakeLin for his snarkiness perspective?

I actually like that pairing of ColePens/HSL), and pairing everyone up like they do on TDL day.

@BHD to be the co-host with @Scandale du Jour since a Mod would have to have control over the thread(s). Add their takes.

I can come up with a HFB-Pens TDL graphic and maybe some incredible paint work by @Randy Butternubs? Basically, nobody but the guys doing the show can post in the main thread, (is this possible?) and have a secondary reactionary thread to respond to their findings. Keep things nice and tidy, not hard to find having to read through all the reactionary post there.

Let's go Rogue!

What do they know we don't already know? I'm sure we have some legit insiders without spilling the beans on who they are. "MY SOURCES SAID"

Just a thought. Could be more fun than what we already/normally do, or is it too much work?

lol...can I do analysis with Cole? I can be the Dan Aykroyd to his Jane Curtain and **** on everything proposed....

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Oh FFS, semantics. This was gone over like 2 weeks ago. It's really nothing like the Cullen situation. They can't freely be here with him. Court/spouse has to approve.

Point being, it's not up to them. Cullen's made a choice. And didn't raise a stink to get out of it once.

its not semantics, they can see each other whenever they want unless its a day that the father has visitation rights. They just cannot move out of state.

its not that hard to figure out.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
lol...can I do analysis with Cole? I can be the Dan Aykroyd to his Jane Curtain and **** on everything proposed....

I'm not opposed to any of the pairings, and there could be a 3/4 man front as well. Batter's up mentality.

I'm only making the initial probing to see if this is even possible. It will be up to the actual participants who does what and with whom.

We are Family...

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, saying that Zucker's wife is legally required to stay in state is just a factually incorrect statement. Sure, I would imagine most reasonable people would run it by their ex if they were going somewhere, but the idea that she's trapped in Minnesota is just an untrue statement. She just can't move out of state, and it's not only because of the joint custody situation.

It's purely speculation on my part, but if the Zuckers can take their family to Mexico without a problem, I really don't see why the ex would object to the family going to Pittsburgh to watch Zucker play.

Reactions: 66-30-33

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Never is a very tricky term... she has a sports tv job in Minnesota... amazingly there is a huge sports tv draw here too, and the Pens have pull with the local regional station... i mean even if she wanted to move she probably would have little problem finding something here... even if she wished to stay primarily in basketball, Im sure the Cavs could have something for her... she supposedly is very good...

The job isn't why she has to stay in Minnesota. She has a son to another guy and she cannot leave Minnesota with the kid.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yeah, saying that Zucker's wife is legally required to stay in state is just a factually incorrect statement. Sure, I would imagine most reasonable people would run it by their ex if they were going somewhere, but the idea that she's trapped in Minnesota is just an untrue statement. She just can't move out of state, and it's not only because of the joint custody situation.

It's purely speculation on my part, but if the Zuckers can take their family to Mexico without a problem, I really don't see why the ex would object to the family going to Pittsburgh to watch Zucker play.

From what I read it wasn't a "legal" thing. It sounded like a personally imposed thing, like she wants her kid to be near the father, which I can admire.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
To those people trying to use logic, official court procedure and facts - as a means to reason with the disturbing and peculiar Zucker obsession...

You are wasting your time. Not only do the gentlemen here clearly have no idea what it means to have a family/kids: “Oh he can leave his wife and kids there to make millions and chase his dream of a cup” - “Oh she can just spend 200k a year, traveling back and forth every week - with two toddlers”.

These people have no idea what it likes to have kids or raise a family, or being a single parent raising toddlers.

But they also relentlessly oppose official court procedure/order with just about anything they can spew out. Not only do we have a bunch of bonafide hockey experts, but we have a few lawyers here too.

You can even reference Russo, who is obviously in touch with the Wild Organization... clearly spelling out that The Wild are treating the situation with Zucker delicately. Maybe the previous regime wasn’t, but Bill Guerin is.

The guys wife cannot move out of Minnesota. While he is not some A lister who’s going to get all his demand met - he is going to do everything he can to remain there. Zucker does not want to play in Pittsburgh and it’s nothing personal, nor do I want a guy who is going to skip town the second his contract is up...

Last edited:

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Can we please move the Zucker personal life saga into it's own thread?

I tried that, the mod closed it. Zero reason to close it, with all due respect.

The whole conversation is being perpetuated by one person, perhaps that person could be told to chill, because it is too much.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
To those people trying to use logic, official court procedure and facts - as a means to reason with the disturbing and peculiar Zucker obsession...

You are wasting your time. Not only do the gentlemen here clearly have no idea what it means to have a family/kids: “Oh he can leave his wife and kids there to make millions and chase his dream of a cup” - “Oh she can just spend 200k a year, traveling back and forth every week - with two toddlers”.

These people have no idea what it likes to have kids or raise a family, or being a single parent raising toddlers.

But they also relentlessly oppose official court procedure/order with just about anything they can spew out. Not only do we have a bunch of bonafide hockey experts, but we have a few lawyers here too.

You can even reference Russo, who is obviously in touch with the Wild Organization... clearly spelling out that The Wild are treating the situation with Zucker delicately. Maybe the previous regime wasn’t, but Bill Guerin is.

The guys wife cannot move out of Minnesota. While he is not some A lister who’s going to get all his demand met - he is going to do everything he can to remain there. Zucker does not want to play in Pittsburgh and it’s nothing personal, nor do I want a guy who is going to skip town the second his contract is up...

All nonsense.

facts

Wife cannot MOVE out of state.
Wild have traded him twice despite this

those are the actual facts

this situation WILL NOT prevent the Wild from trading him. Many player have to live apart from their family.

its no more complicated than that.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I tried that, the mod closed it. Zero reason to close it, with all due respect.

The whole conversation is being perpetuated by one person, perhaps that person could be told to chill, because it is too much.
I think he wanted to squash the subject TBH. Which is what I wish everyone would do. Just talk about the damn player, not his personal life.

Reactions: Jules Winnfield

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I thought the Athletic excerpt covered just about any and all reservations about Zucker's family situation.

Why is this still an issue?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I thought the Athletic excerpt covered just about any and all reservations about Zucker's family situation.

Why is this still an issue?

Can you give me a 2 sentence recap? I've ignored literally all of it. All i know is someone in his life has cancer and going through that with my father - i completely accept and respect his call. Money, fame, hockey, etc.... that shit is worth nothing. When you have a loved one on borrowed time, spend every second with them.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Can you give me a 2 sentence recap? I've ignored literally all of it. All i know is someone in his life has cancer and going through that with my father - i completely accept and respect his call. Money, fame, hockey, etc.... that **** is worth nothing. When you have a loved one on borrowed time, spend every second with them.
Here's Russo's interview with him from last summer, which covers:

- the trade rumors (Calgary and Pittsburgh)
- his mother's diagnosis of colon cancer in 2017
- the death of his grandmother last February, when a lot of the trade talk was coming to a head

The Athletic said:
“But I’m not going to stress over this because in the grand scheme of life, this is a very small aspect,” Zucker said as he sipped on a smoothie following a long workout at his club. “You know, I have a beautiful family with healthy kids. I’m happily married. Life is great.

“I’m a professional athlete, so the possibility of having to live in another city is, you know, a small worry. Are there complications to that? Yeah, absolutely. But it’s a small worry.

“The other side of it is, I have a very, very strong belief in myself as a player and what I can do. What I feel I’m capable of doing as a player is never going away. And if (general manager) Paul (Fenton) doesn’t feel that that fits into his system in this team here in Minnesota, then that belief of mine in myself is not going to change. I’ll play where they do feel that way.”

Some more quotes from last March here, after the Calgary stuff. Lots of quotes from him and Carly that amount to "we'll be fine, I just want to play hockey." Carly's Twitter account also tends to be a fountain of insight.

Reactions: ColePens

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Can you give me a 2 sentence recap? I've ignored literally all of it. All i know is someone in his life has cancer and going through that with my father - i completely accept and respect his call. Money, fame, hockey, etc.... that **** is worth nothing. When you have a loved one on borrowed time, spend every second with them.

Basically, his wife has a child from a previous marriage and custody makes moving the family impossible:

Actually, I feel a lot better about the "delicate" family aspects of a Zucker trade after reading this Athletic article:

Exclusive: Jason Zucker opens up about trade rumors, family...

The quoted post has an excerpt that explains their perspective.

Reactions: ColePens

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

F-Cancer!

Hope your dad pulls through, Cole.

Had to deal with a lot over the last 8 years myself. Dad and my only 2 brothers and more. I feel ya.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’d like someone to explain to me what incentive Minn has to trade Zucker now as opposed to after the season...let’s say they want out from his salary...are they going to get any better return at the TDL than waiting until after the season when more teams might have the cap space to trade for him and possibly drive the price up? If JR’s willing to pay a first and let’s say Bjug for him, the price isn’t going to be worse after the season because he’s a productive player with two years left on his contract...I know the Pens want him for this PO run but from Minn’s perspective I don’t see the need to trade him in the next couple weeks..I think Russo was saying this as well in his article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad