Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Can't be Almeida, that would be just sad (I also remember CPZ having a decent first year in the E).

You would be correct. A career ECHL player did substantially better.

Silver lining. Drozg, while not tearing things up in the AHL, has the best ppg and has stuck longer than both... combined. Including CPZ’s entire career. Best 1st ECHL season ppg out of those 3, too. You go, Jan.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Translation: Jesper Sellgren makes 3-0 to Luleå, played by Filip Hållander.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Looks like Poulin is injured, didnt play in last nights game.

LNtElui.gif

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens need to be aggressive with college guys like the D man from ASU. Need to add RH D men big time in the system.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Pens need to be aggressive with college guys like the D man from ASU. Need to add RH D men big time in the system.
You mean like Joshua Maniscalco? If so, yes he's been terrific this year and I think he would instantly become our best prospect on D.

I had him in the 2nd round prior to the 2017 draft, then he had a down year in the USHL and any hype around him vanished. The potential is obviously still there and I'd love to take a flyer on him.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens just need to begin the re stocking of the farm system. How long have I been saying that? But yes the ASU D man is a nice add. Hopefully the brass doesn't want the all in yearly march to the potential cup to be the mantra. Trades at the draft to replenish picks and come to the realization even with a healthy Jake back and clearing cap room is not going to change the facts Sid and Geno are not 82 gamers anymore.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Pens just need to begin the re stocking of the farm system. How long have I been saying that? But yes the ASU D man is a nice add. Hopefully the brass doesn't want the all in yearly march to the potential cup to be the mantra. Trades at the draft to replenish picks and come to the realization even with a healthy Jake back and clearing cap room is not going to change the facts Sid and Geno are not 82 gamers anymore.

This is our 82 gamers the last 6 seasons :cry:

Jake (2 times)
Phil (4 times)
Olli, JJ, Sid,Horny, Cullen, Spalling, Scuderi, Adams (1 time)

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hoping for Rutherford to put restocking the farm system as a priority when we are headed for the playoffs every year is like hoping an elephant steps on your foot - extraordinarily unlikely to happen and an utterly baffling wish to just about everyone else.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Hoping for Rutherford to put restocking the farm system as a priority when we are headed for the playoffs every year is like hoping an elephant steps on your foot - extraordinarily unlikely to happen and an utterly baffling wish to just about everyone else.

These guys are useful as assets to get win-now guys. And/or be entry-level contracts which offset the high-priced guys. Think of how much option value John Marino created with his play this year and his <$1m contract.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
These guys are useful as assets to get win-now guys. And/or be entry-level contracts which offset the high-priced guys. Think of how much option value John Marino created with his play this year and his <$1m contract.

Oh absolutely. But you can't use them as assets to get win-now guys and prioritise re-stocking the farm system at the same time, because obviously using them as assets subtracts from the farm. One thing has to win out there, and it's win-now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad