Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
There’s a guy named Rossi in the 2020 draft. We must get him.:laugh: He’s ranked around 10~15. How can we move up?

Ha. Saw that. Would actually be a very good pick if he falls to us.

As for moving up. That would be simple if we trade all of Schultz, AG, and Bjugstad before the deadline. While getting a few players to help for this season we should easily be able to land a 1st and prospects as well if JR chooses that route(which he should).

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I thought I saw a different tweet where Byram/Addison were the second pairing, but I can't seem to find that now.

Excited to see how Addison performs against the best of his peers.

If he can distinguish himself, our RHDs going forward have some nice balance. Especially if Reilly keeps developing like we hope.

Reactions: Andy99

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Anyone have any details on Poulin’s injury? Has missed last 7 games now.

Feels like this organization caught the plague.

Hopefully Hallander can get back once the new year rolls around.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

It’s upper body. Knowing the history of their prospects, I’m guessing it’s his shoulder. The DK article says they didn’t think it would be more than a week so maybe they assumed a concussion wouldn’t be that bad?

I forgot about Hallander. Pavlychev is back from his injury that I believe was dubbed day to day. It was weeks.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
He’s like 5’9”. He doesn’t look like a Top 10 pick for me in such a forward heavy draft.

Poulin+our 1st for Rossi? Poulin seems a long shot.
Eh I don't really care about size as long as the skills are there. I thought DeBrincat would get picked in the top 10 just based on skills alone, but obviously he wasn't. I've watched a lot of Rossi this year and I'm way more impressed with then I was with DeBrincat. He's just so good. If he was 6'2 people would be debating whether he should go first over Lafreniere.

And yeah I'd easily trade Poulin + 1st for Rossi.

Reactions: slovakia18

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Eh I don't really care about size as long as the skills are there. I thought DeBrincat would get picked in the top 10 just based on skills alone, but obviously he wasn't. I've watched a lot of Rossi this year and I'm way more impressed with then I was with DeBrincat. He's just so good. If he was 6'2 people would be debating whether he should go first over Lafreniere.

Idk Poulin was having a solid year before injury. If Poulin comes back strong he looks like he could break in the league in the next two years. That is more important than getting a guy farther off to me. I wouldn't make that trade and add another first to boot.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He’s like 5’9”. He doesn’t look like a Top 10 pick for me in such a forward heavy draft.

Poulin+our 1st for Rossi? Poulin seems a long shot.

A few teams picking top 10 in the 2019 draft will be kicking themselves for passing on Caufield based on this reasoning.

I dont know anything about Rossi, but Poulin seems like anything but a long shot.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
A few teams picking top 10 in the 2019 draft will be kicking themselves for passing on Caufield based on this reasoning.

I dont know anything about Rossi, but Poulin seems like anything but a long shot.

Ya Poulin was raw in camp but didnt look too far out of place in the NHL. I think this team needs more players now than guys two years away.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Ya Poulin was raw in camp but didnt look too far out of place in the NHL. I think this team needs more players now than guys two years away.

Poulin might be 2 or more years away but his season has been strong enough that JR should be pretty damn attached to him for now.

I wouldn’t be deterred by a smaller prospect in 2020 but I’d be leery of trading Poulin.

Reactions: Freeptop

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007

Not much news on Poulin. Was only expected to be out a week with an upper body injury, however he missed the two weeks leading up to the break. I am guessing they are just being cautious with him, given they clinched first in their division about a week into the season.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Poulin might be 2 or more years away but his season has been strong enough that JR should be pretty damn attached to him for now.

I wouldn’t be deterred by a smaller prospect in 2020 but I’d be leery of trading Poulin.

Ya I mean if a small skilled guy falls to the pens I wouldn't deter but Poulin stock has gone up I think. I would not trade him right now unless it is for a young winger who can immediately help now and the near future.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I gotta say...I really hope JR doesn't move Legare or Poulin or even POJ. Our prospect pool is a depressing look compared to the rest of the league, please don't sacrifice whatever dwindling future we have with these kids.

Unless he has another Marino type fleecing locked and loaded.

Reactions: enviSAGE and Jacob

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

That's too much for Rossi. We should be able to get Cole Perfetti or Anton Lundell whos dominating Liga .

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
That's too much for Rossi. We should be able to get Cole Perfetti or Anton Lundell whos dominating Liga .

Lundell doesn’t excel at any one thing. He’s average all around which isn’t a bad thing, but if we got our hands on a top 10 pick, there’s much, much, much better options. 2/3C potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad