Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
On the night we play our first game against Kessel...PO Joseph gets his first goal and added an assist. Its a sign. Another "add in" from a trade that ends up being the star.

Dumo - Letang
Marino - PO Joseph
Pettersson - Addison

If both Addison/POJ reach their full potential, we are set. And that's not counting Almari, Reilly, etc. So they need to be careful on the length of the deal they give Petts. Especially with Marino breaking out this year. I already trust him more than Petts. We were excited about Marcus cuz we were so used to bad D play but he didnt play at Marino's level. Wasnt "great"...just not as bad as what we are used to seeing from the D.

And if POJ/Addison do pan out, thats money saved on not giving Petts a long term deal.

We went years of having one of the highest paid D corps in the league , playing like one of the worst in the league. Now it can be the opposite. For the first time in the Sid/Geno era. May be exactly what gets us anither cup or two.

WBS Penguins (@WBSPenguins) Tweeted:
WBAPENS GOAL VIDEO - first AHL goal from @POJoseph15 WBS Penguins on Twitter

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think he hasn't played the last couple games but yeah he was cold before that. Surprising he wasn't invited to the camp, but he and Legare are both eligible for next year's team.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
And an assist.. Appears to be playing with 2nd round pick Shane Pinto.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have to continue to build the farm system with prospects. The franchise has young forwards like McCann, Jake, TB and with Legare and Poulin adding a couple more forwards is a plus. Addison, who knows and POJ who needs to add size and mature has skills as well. Marino really is a great trade and it does allow the Pens to have less needs on D.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Considering how the Pens love drafting players from familiar teams, I wonder if they'll give Alex Cotton a long look this year.

18 year old 6'2" RH defenseman went undrafted last year but he's outproducing Addison on the Hurricanes this year. Actually Cotton and Addison are 1-2 in WHL defense scoring this season.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Considering how the Pens love drafting players from familiar teams, I wonder if they'll give Alex Cotton a long look this year.

18 year old 6'2" RH defenseman went undrafted last year but he's outproducing Addison on the Hurricanes this year. Actually Cotton and Addison are 1-2 in WHL defense scoring this season.

They’ve also drafted some over agers. I wouldn’t be surprised.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Know nothing of Cotton but taking him with a mid-to-late pick works for me. Wouldn’t be unlike the Almeida pick.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Kopitar on the Drozg

"His skill is obviously very high," Kopitar told me. "He's got a great knack for goal-scoring. His hands are really good, his vision's good. He's fast. He's skinny, lanky, I guess 'slimy' would be the right word on the ice. It's not very easy to hit him. He's going to be a good player, he's going to have a good career."

(credit to Taylor Haase)

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Drozg - Blueger - Tanev

4th line could be a nice one. I figured Bjorkvist would be in that spot as soon as this year but injured for the season. This is Drozg' chance to make an impact. Tho he will really have to stand out since theres plenty ahead of him(even if there game doesnt translate as well in the NHL) in WBS. The 2nd year players in Militec, Johnson, Angello, etc. Bellerive should get more PT. Almeida is down in Wheeling so no rush on him.

Eventually prospects like Poulin, Legare, Hallander will pass these guys up too without having to put in as much time in WBS. At least we hope that is the case.

Either way, I'm all for moving both Simon and ZAR in trades this year. Id say Blandisi, and a few others who were called up too but they wouldn't get us anything. Simon and ZAR would.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Legare seems to be doing well given the circumstances.. over a PPG on a bad team and leading BCD in goals & points by a good margin.. and that’s even with a shooting percentage that’s way low.

Isn’t there a trade window around December?

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Legare seems to be doing well given the circumstances.. over a PPG on a bad team and leading BCD in goals & points by a good margin.. and that’s even with a shooting percentage that’s way low.

Isn’t there a trade window around December?

Trade window is open for the next few weeks. Not much chatter out there on Legare. That being said, there aren't a ton of QMJHL insiders, so the rumour mill doesn't always have their finger on the pulse of everything. Some big names moved already, so maybe a contender that hasn't made a move yet will pony up the cost. Sherbrooke has yet to make any moves, but presumably will bring in some reinforcements.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If the Isles release Dobson I’m gonna beat Lamoriello’s ass just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad