Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
It’s so hard to say, but tbh probably wouldn’t put Poulin in the AHL next year if I had to make that choice.

It eating into the ELC and counting towards arbitration rights would help stop teams from overusing it.

I agree that would help but imo it probably shouldn’t eat into ELC unless their age counts against slide rules. If Hallander could have played in the AHL this year without burning a year, neither should the few CHLers who theoretically would be in the league.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Some may believe Poulin can jump to the Pens right out of the Q. I am not in that camp and suggest a year in the AHL is far better to allow him to adjust, get experience and continued development both physically and mentally.

Reactions: steelcityassault

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It’s so hard to say, but tbh probably wouldn’t put Poulin in the AHL next year if I had to make that choice.

I agree that would help but imo it probably shouldn’t eat into ELC unless their age counts against slide rules. If Hallander could have played in the AHL this year without burning a year, neither should the few CHLers who theoretically would be in the league.

That's a great point and I don’t think arbitration rights alone would be the same deterrent. How the ECHL could factor in and be changed would be interesting, too. The contract sliding could open that up as another option.

Maybe something around players having to apply for exceptional status but the Hallander’s of the world wouldn’t need to.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think any players outside of the elites like McDavid and Crosby could be hurt by more development time. And in a cap world the more they develop elsewhere, the bigger impact they'll make when they reach the NHL, which is more bang for your buck cap-wise.

Reactions: Giskard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->