Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Broberg is excellent at getting the puck out of the zone in transition. His puck handling skills leave a lot to be desired though. I'm not exactly sure what his offensive potential is, but I think for his age his defensive game is pretty good and his skating is top tier. I'd be happy if the Pens draft Broberg and hope he becomes a P. Martin/Ekholm type.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Broberg is excellent at getting the puck out of the zone in transition. His puck handling skills leave a lot to be desired though. I'm not exactly sure what his offensive potential is, but I think for his age his defensive game is pretty good and his skating is top tier. I'd be happy if the Pens draft Broberg and hope he becomes a P. Martin/Ekholm type.
rated some where between 9-15 ….. where are we drafting?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Its deffo top heavy on forward with no high end D by most guides I've read, but I'd have thought that would have resulted in teams not picking D at the top of the draft unless they really really needed one or something. As such, I feel like its possible that guys like them could drop down.
I feel that there is a better chance that teams needing a d-man might reach for one or two dropping a forward down to us. there are always one or two teams that that go off board and reach for a player.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I have some faves but some names in that vicinity and beyond to have a look at if you're bored:

Alexander Newhook
Cam York
Connor McMichael
Arthur Kaliyev
Ryan Suzuki
Cole Caufield
Matthew Boldy
Moritz Seider
Bobby Brink
Raphaël Lavoie
Thomas Harley
Matthew Robertson
Phillip Tomasino
Brett Leason
Ville Heinola
Jakob Pelletier
Nils Höglander
Samuel Poulin
Nathan Légaré
I think there is a good chance to land one of the above.:laugh: and you will be the one that called it.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I feel that there is a better chance that teams needing a d-man might reach for one or two dropping a forward down to us. there are always one or two teams that that go off board and reach for a player.

Could work out that way although I can't think of any team that really needs young D that desperately. I shan't complain if it does happen that way though.

Either way, we should get something nice unless the old man messes it up.

Reactions: The Old Master

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
We pick 23rd, to move up we need NSH and CGY/SJS to not make the WCF and we need CBJ and CAR to make the ECF
Each one of those things happening moves us up one spot in the draft.
Highest our pick can place is 19.

Yea theres gonna be teams bowing out here in the 1st and 2nd rounds that'll pick above us 100% if i have the order rules right. Basically a chance to move up 1, 2 to probably a max 3 spots from #23 depending on who reaches the Conf. Finals.

Think Vegas has a GREAT shot at getting the CF.
CBJ, has a pretty decent shot at taking out TOR or BOS imo.
STL or WPG have great shots at reaching the CF's imo taking out NSH of DAL...
These are the most likely scenarios that move us up a spot for each scenario in my mind.

If COL takes down CGY(very possible), Vegas vs COL in Rd2 means we move up 1 spot guarenteed.
Think at minimum we'll get pick #22 with a realistic shot at getting #20.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sounds like he's not coming to Pittsburgh after all.

Well arse. I'd wanted him. Oh well. I did kinda wonder how on earth he'd fit in/why he was only getting a development camp invite when he was likely to leave college.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Well arse. I'd wanted him. Oh well. I did kinda wonder how on earth he'd fit in/why he was only getting a development camp invite when he was likely to leave college.

Stinks but can’t blame him. Not sure what Nashville’s farm looks like outside of Fabbro or Tolvanen but can’t imagine it’s as crowded as WB/S is gonna be.

Not the biggest loss. I love college hockey but I think a lot of the UDFA NCAA guys get their tires pumped for good numbers but aren’t any better than the average CHL overager who had a big season. Liken Hirose was a known commodity and the rest of these guys are mehhhhh (haven’t they done a ton since signing). Pronman was saying that he hasn’t talked to many scouts that were fans of Wilkins either.

(Tbf to the kid I will say I liked like I saw out of Wilkins, honestly played a bit like a tad more skilled Blueger)

Reactions: Dominance

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
would you come here?
To be honest the Penguins probably have one of the best sales pitches for college FAs.. just show them the career paths of Lovejoy, Letestu, Rowney, Sheary, Gibbons, Farnham, ZAR, etc.

But Nashville is a pretty strong organization with a good farm team and there could be a lot of factors impacting their decision.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
To be honest the Penguins probably have one of the best sales pitches for college FAs.. just show them the career paths of Lovejoy, Letestu, Rowney, Sheary, Gibbons, Farnham, ZAR, etc.

But Nashville is a pretty strong organization with a good farm team and there could be a lot of factors impacting their decision.
then show them our last playoff games and we will never see them again

Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Caufield, Broberg and a bunch of other eligible prospects are on NHL Network right now. U18s US vs. Sweden.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Lmao...I mean, I don't even blame him. Pens are my fav team and if I was a College kid, I'd say **** it and go somewhere else too.

Depends what type of player he is. If he's a skilled guy who doesn't grind, it's best if he goes elsewhere. If he's a plodding skater who "plays the right way" (ie plays like ZAR or Wilson), then he should sign here since he'll basically be seen as a core piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad