Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuderino

May 1, 2019
CT USA
Jon Bombulie:

"The prospect who is closest to NHL ready is probably Providence College winger Kasper Bjorkqvist.

Jan Drozg is easily the Pens’ top prospect and from what I saw of Bjorkqvist this year he’s nowhere near NHL ready.

I have to say I am disappointed with the lack of development out of Angello this season. He started strong and plateaued and then cratered...

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Jan Drozg is easily the Pens’ top prospect and from what I saw of Bjorkqvist this year he’s nowhere near NHL ready.

I have to say I am disappointed with the lack of development out of Angello this season. He started strong and plateaued and then cratered...

So every single Pens scout/brass/management member is wrong on Bjork. :laugh: He also set the record of almost every fitness level testing including the NHL team

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017

Yeah ok look i'm a Drozg Lord fan but even if he went under the radar playing with a garbage team i don't think he's the pens top prospect, he has interesting upside tho & i'm not gonna be surprised if he crawls up to the Baby Pens top line in a year or two.

TheDuderino

May 1, 2019
CT USA
I have to imagine there's a lot of weight put on a prospect's readiness, because I can't fathom anyone arguing that Björkqvist has the highest ceiling of that group. I can buy him being a contributor within a year of signing, though.

Pavlychev being higher than Hållander only makes sense if you're factoring in that Hållander is a likely spending next season in Sweden.

Pavlychev has a loooong way to go. Very inefficient skater to the point where he often takes himself out of the play. A lot of people thought Gadowsky was going to convert him to defense...never happened though...

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

TheDuderino

May 1, 2019
CT USA
Yeah ok look i'm a Drozg Lord fan but even if he went under the radar playing with a garbage team i don't think he's the pens top prospect, he has interesting upside tho & i'm not gonna be surprised if he crawls up to the Baby Pens top line in a year or two.

He’ll be top 6 start of season...when he shows he will be one of the best skaters anywhere in the organization...

Btw and imho, Bjorkqvist would have signed by now if he were signing this year. I know Taylor over at DK is pretty high on him but his game lacks. Would not be surprised if he returns for year four intending to make a run at the Hobey and garner him some first round worthy money. He’s in a good system there. HockeyEast is the most competitive league in the NCAA and he’s raised his profile with their run this year...plus he’ll have his degree...

Reactions: BladeRunner66

TheDuderino

May 1, 2019
CT USA

Can we at least agree he should be on that list over a couple others?

Reactions: BladeRunner66

TheDuderino

May 1, 2019
CT USA
So every single Pens scout/brass/management member is wrong on Bjork. :laugh: He also set the record of almost every fitness level testing including the NHL team

Bjorkqvist would be signed by now if he were their top prospect regardless of his injury...

I’m not disputing that he IS a prospect. I wouldn’t rate him above Johnson or Jordy or Drozg...

TheDuderino

May 1, 2019
CT USA
Fox trade is going to be an interesting reference point of prospect value in the trade market imo.

The Fox situation was a few of things in no particular order ...a) Jimmy Vesey (Harvard wienies like to stick together) ...b) Dave Quinn (who @ BU barely lost out to Harvard in the recruiting battle) and c) home town team...

Oh...and D...Carolina wasn’t going to sign him to first round money...

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Drozg top scorer for Slovenia. 7 points in 5 games. Same as Kopitar, but Drozg has more goals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad