Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That takes us up to 5 invites from that 2017 development camp now in the org in some way btw.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Shawinigan tied 2-2 in the Huskies series - Drozg picked up a goal in the second win.
ae3375506dbf8fa11d4e752a838f0480--princess-bride-quotes-the-princess-bride.jpg

Big time, the Huskies loaded up their roster like crazy. If they don't come out of the Q as champions it's a failure IMO, so 1st round would be even more pathetic for them
Indeed! Drummond's Voltigeurs are more talented upfront but the Huskies are super loaded with PO experience so it makes the young Cataractes look even better.

Drozg won 73% of 26FO so far and he's a mind-boggling even +/-, considering he faces the best of the Huskies that's f***ing impressive (45.8% FO in RS). I wish he'd shoot more (9SoG) but hey, as long as it works. Drozg is hard to shut down because he always has that passing option as a good playmaker. Great experience for the kid, bodes well for the future.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think that would be a very bad idea. I rather have Jarry as injury insurance than a 3rd round pick that won’t help us during our Cup window if ever.

a) The 3rd rounder can be used as trade bait
b) Jarry's waiver exemption goes away at the end of the year and as a result, there's a decent to strong chance that if we tried to keep him, we'll lose him for nothing. 3rd rounder beats nothing.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Moose Jaw went out without a single point from Almeida - although he left the game injured in the first period for the last one, so that one at least isn't on him.

He (I think) won't be reporting to WBS, because he'll now be having surgery for a torn labrum he suffered in November and has been playing with all season. That's huge courage and ability right there. I don't know whether it was finally catching up with him in that series (certainly the hit that injured him got it), or whether he was just on a one line team vs a team that could match it, or just plain sucked at the wrong moment... but regardless, to be the second most productive player in the WHL behind Glass while injured is hella impressive.

Plus, now that he's had a debilitating shoulder injury, he's definitely a true Penguin. Maybe Rutherford should greet all new draftees this summer by hitting them in the shoulder with a sledgehammer to get it out of the way with.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Moose Jaw went out without a single point from Almeida - although he left the game injured in the first period for the last one, so that one at least isn't on him.

He (I think) won't be reporting to WBS, because he'll now be having surgery for a torn labrum he suffered in November and has been playing with all season. That's huge courage and ability right there. I don't know whether it was finally catching up with him in that series (certainly the hit that injured him got it), or whether he was just on a one line team vs a team that could match it, or just plain sucked at the wrong moment... but regardless, to be the second most productive player in the WHL behind Glass while injured is hella impressive.

Plus, now that he's had a debilitating shoulder injury, he's definitely a true Penguin. Maybe Rutherford should greet all new draftees this summer by hitting them in the shoulder with a sledgehammer to get it out of the way with.
:laugh:
GoodIdea.jpg

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

The season he had with a nagging injury since November is now even more impressive!!!
Wow

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The season he had with a nagging injury since November is now even more impressive!!!
Wow

Yup. And while I'm pumping up expectations higher than they should be, out of all the forwards who've completed two years of junior eligibility post initially being available for the draft in 15-17, only two players have a higher ppg in their final season than Almeida and that's Barzal and Glass. Granted, plenty of WHL players only do one year for various reasons, but still pretty impressive and higher than kids like Steel, Dube and Howden who've made good pro impacts in their first year out of juniors.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

What is it with our promising prospects and serious injuries? Was a rule passed when I wasn't looking that dictated that prospects can't be healthy?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

That’s crazy. He was wearing a brace all season and said he was in pain mostly every time he went back to the bench.

Having a bum shoulder really messes with your game in countless ways to. He must have a really high pain tolerance.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What is it with our promising prospects and serious injuries? Was a rule passed when I wasn't looking that dictated that prospects can't be healthy?

Part of our deal with the devil - all the draft luck for all the injury bad luck.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Damn i went to check the NCAA scores and top ranked team in the country St.Cloud State lost to American International College 2-1.
St.Cloud was outshooting them 32-13 at some point late in the game.
Wild.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He is not getting enough attention, I'm not sure why a top team didn't trade for him. None the less a very interesting kid we have here going forward

Do imports get traded less? seems like the only reason I can think of. Also the fact that a team can make the playoffs with 14 wins in 68 games is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad