Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Elite prospects has Brown’s dad playing for the Big Pens in ‘93-94. Looks like the best year of his career stats wise too. Guy had a long career. Pretty cool.

Neither deal counts against contract slots correct?

Hoping we can pick up Zerter-Gossage and maybe Wilkins in the summer.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

superthumb.jpg

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Saskatoon's leading Moose Jaw 3-0 in their playoff series, and Almeida has 0 points in those 3 games. Game 4 is tonight and he has 0 points at 1st intermission.

Wouldn't bode well for him if he couldn't manage a single playoff point as an undersized 20 year old.

GeorgeCostanza

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Jarry with a shutout tonight. After a slow start to the season he's up to a .919 save percentage on the year. Good for 7th best save pct in the league out of the 50 qualified goalies this season.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Saskatoon's leading Moose Jaw 3-0 in their playoff series, and Almeida has 0 points in those 3 games. Game 4 is tonight and he has 0 points at 1st intermission.

Wouldn't bode well for him if he couldn't manage a single playoff point as an undersized 20 year old.

Means very little. Larger sample of scoring is strong. Potted 13 p in 14 gp in last years playoffs and has 209 points in past 136 games.

I’d put zero stock into that in terms of how it affects his NHL outlook.

Reactions: Peat

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Jarry with a shutout tonight. After a slow start to the season he's up to a .919 save percentage on the year. Good for 7th best save pct in the league out of the 50 qualified goalies this season.

Hopefully we can pick up a 3rd for him at the draft.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Caught a bit of D'Orio last night.
Moncton won to tie the series up 2-2.
He's fighting the puck a bit right now vs hot 20yr old Leclerc in the Wildcats's net.
I don't think he'll lose his net but the goaltending may decide that series.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I'm hoping for a sorta like for like prospect swap - like we did with Sprong.

That would work too, though ideally someone who is waiver exempt as we don't have many spots open for next year.

Reactions: Peat

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Means very little. Larger sample of scoring is strong. Potted 13 p in 14 gp in last years playoffs and has 209 points in past 136 games.

I’d put zero stock into that in terms of how it affects his NHL outlook.

13 points in 14 WHL playoff games isn't all that great for a 19 year old either. Addison's a defenseman and he scored at a better pace than that as an 18 year old.

It's nothing definitive, but you'd like to see a lot more production from a player like Almeida in crunch time. Getting skunked over an entire playoff series in a high scoring league should raise a few eyebrows at the very least.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Going from league positions then, yeah, this would be an upset. Like if they entered this season's Red Wings for lulz and put them up against Tampa.

13 points in 14 WHL playoff games isn't all that great for a 19 year old either. Addison's a defenseman and he scored at a better pace than that as an 18 year old.

It's nothing definitive, but you'd like to see a lot more production from a player like Almeida in crunch time. Getting skunked over an entire playoff series in a high scoring league should raise a few eyebrows at the very least.

But Addison was on a far higher scoring team; both guys were 4th on their team for scoring in the playoffs last year.

This isn't what I'd hoped for but I'm not going to put much stock in it either.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

It’s solid enough to show he’s shown up in “crunch time.”

But yeah, idc. Greater sample shows ability to score well in juniors. He’s met a nice baseline requirement of hitting high #s, now hopefully he can turn into a top 9 winger.

I would not get worried over that whatsoever. His skillset and NHL outlook don’t suddenly get worse or go away because of a 4 game series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad