Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Do imports get traded less? seems like the only reason I can think of. Also the fact that a team can make the playoffs with 14 wins in 68 games is hilarious.
Yeah, worst team against best Canadian junior team too. 16 outta 18 teams making PO is too many for sure. As for imports, Q teams can only have one so it makes it very unlikely they're able to trade, a top team would have had to trade their Euro for Drozg and i'm pretty sure, if any offers were made, Cats probably wanted more.

Drozg Lord PO stats update/
5gp4g1a5pts2PIM0+/-2PPG0SHG12SOG33.3%32FO65.6%
[THEAD] [/THEAD]

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
any news from Hallander? I figure their relegation round should be starting now.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Drozg is a RH shot with skill. He obviously needs to mature add much needed size/strength. But he is someone who can be that threat as a passer and shooter. But in the end, pens have zero sure things in the system that are difference makers. Some very nice prospects that if all goes well can be nice adds, but each lack something.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Drozg is a RH shot with skill. He obviously needs to mature add much needed size/strength. But he is someone who can be that threat as a passer and shooter. But in the end, pens have zero sure things in the system that are difference makers. Some very nice prospects that if all goes well can be nice adds, but each lack something.
I'm ok with lacking something, preferably something that can be learned though. Take Drozg for ex., needs a little work on his shot but what i'd really like is for him to increase his D awareness, given his even +/- against the best canadian Junior team in present PO, even with a small sample, looks good for his future. If we take them as a whole i'm pretty sure a couple of them will probably figure out what they're lacking and improve on that.
EDIT: Drozg was listed at 6'2", 165pnds, weight will be added as he fills the frame, obviously.

Last edited:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
any news from Hallander? I figure their relegation round should be starting now.
It has. They are 1-1 in games. I know he scored at least a goal yesterday in a loss since i saw it on TV. But i didnt watch the whole thing since i had to work. And in the first game i dont know if he had any points i Can see if i find it later on the swedish webbsites.

EDIT. He had 1+1 yesterday in a 3-2 OT loss. In the first game he had 0 points in a 5-4 OT win

Reactions: Jacob and Peat

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
It has. They are 1-1 in games. I know he scored at least a goal yesterday in a loss since i saw it on TV. But i didnt watch the whole thing since i had to work. And in the first game i dont know if he had any points i Can see if i find it later on the swedish webbsites.

EDIT. He had 1+1 yesterday in a 3-2 OT loss. In the first game he had 0 points in a 5-4 OT win
Highlights: Direktkval till SHL: Oskarshamn - Timrå

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Yeah, worst team against best Canadian junior team too. 16 outta 18 teams making PO is too many for sure. As for imports, Q teams can only have one so it makes it very unlikely they're able to trade, a top team would have had to trade their Euro for Drozg and i'm pretty sure, if any offers were made, Cats probably wanted more.

Drozg Lord PO stats update/
5gp4g1a5pts2PIM0+/-2PPG0SHG12SOG33.3%32FO65.6%
[THEAD] [/THEAD]

CHL teams can have two imports. Part of the reason it is difficult to trade them however is that in the first year they come over, teams can't trade them, so it makes it difficult to make trades work unless a contending team keeps a slot open, or has a veteran import who is under performing.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Providence won their early game today btw in an upset.
Down 0-3. Won 6-3.
Bjorkqvist had the tying goal and Wilkins had 2g1a(i know he had atleast that. may have had more).

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
We’ve had a lot of prospects that some have projected as future front-net Hornqvist types (ZAR, even back to Caputi & Tangradi) but I think Bjorkqvist is the closest thing to that we’ve ever had.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
We’ve had a lot of prospects that some have projected as future front-net Hornqvist types (ZAR, even back to Caputi & Tangradi) but I think Bjorkqvist is the closest thing to that we’ve ever had.

He is. Hes gotten better each year. Theres a reason the Pens like him the most.

Alot are down on our prospects but this current group is the best weve had in awhile imo. Bellerive and Bjorkvist should be the next two to get their chance. Both high IQ/200 ft types. Almeida has a ton of skill. Hallander is further away but has nice potential.

Then there's Drozg and the guys who just put in a year at WBS

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
3 point nights for both Bellerive and Addison in Lethbridge, but they lose anyway to go 3-2 down in the series

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
The Kasper Bjorkqvist (Providence College) game today is on ESPN 2 at 4:00pm. Also, on the same team is Josh Wilkins who scored twice yesterday, and supposedly will be at the Pen's development camp this summer.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Kasper Bjorkqvist injured in the 3rd period, and did not return to the game. Providence won - reaches the Frozen Four in Buffalo in 2 weeks. Hope he's ok, and ready for the next game.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Bellerive & Addison are in OT facing elimination down 2-3. Addison has 1+3 in this game so far, Bellerive with a goal.

Honestly I think I'd prefer they get bounced so they can join the baby Pens for the last 5 or 6 games they have left.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Bellerive & Addison are in OT facing elimination down 2-3. Addison has 1+3 in this game so far, Bellerive with a goal.

Honestly I think I'd prefer they get bounced so they can join the baby Pens for the last 5 or 6 games they have left.

Can Addison play in WBS this year?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Rooting for losing...pfft...the 'lot of ya! Heh.
We have winners in our pipeline only.

ETA: I'll bring the highlights once i get them.
Also Addison had the tying goal to send it to OT.

Here's some stuffs:
Calen finished with 1g3a.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad