Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Lauzon I have written him off due to uncertainty of his long term injury and needing to be signed. Angelo has the size and can skate so he is still a very good 4th line prospect to me.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Lauzon I have written him off due to uncertainty of his long term injury and needing to be signed. Angelo has the size and can skate so he is still a very good 4th line prospect to me.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Limoges from PSU is having a hell of a Big Ten tourney and year in general. He’s got 50 points and 23 goals on the season now.

I don’t believe he is a drafted player either and he’s only a sophomore.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Drozg's whole team, the Shawinigan Cataractes have less PO experience than Huskies' Peter Abbandonato alone.

They're so f***ed. I mean, like a 86 pts RS differential between their team wasn't enough to start with.

1 win, just one and they will be heroes, just for one day.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
CHL playoff round up -

Lethbridge win 3-2 in OT thanks to an Addison goal. Bellerive picked up an assist earlier in the night

Baie-Comeau win 2-1 in OT with D'Orio making 18 saves on 19 shots

Moose Jaw lose 2-3 in OT with Almeida scoreless

Shawinigan lose 1-4 with Drozg scoreless

Reactions: Rudy Russo

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
CHL playoff round up -

Lethbridge win 3-2 in OT thanks to an Addison goal. Bellerive picked up an assist earlier in the night

Baie-Comeau win 2-1 in OT with D'Orio making 18 saves on 19 shots

Moose Jaw lose 2-3 in OT with Almeida scoreless

Shawinigan lose 1-4 with Drozg scoreless
No big surprise here with Drozg turning scoreless since the Huskies are onto him. He still managed 3 SOG with 3 outta 4 FO won, -1 isn't the Cats worst +/- either.

Meh.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
NCAA conference championships end tonight.

Penn St plays Notre Dame in the Big Ten final. They win and they're in, they lose and their season is done.

Providence eliminated in Hockey East play last week needs Boston College to lose to Northeastern (currently 3-0 NE). If BC wins, they need Bowling Green to lose and hope they get selected over BG as the final at large bid.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
NCAA conference championships end tonight.

Penn St plays Notre Dame in the Big Ten final. They win and they're in, they lose and their season is done.

Providence eliminated in Hockey East play last week needs Boston College to lose to Northeastern (currently 3-0 NE). If BC wins, they need Bowling Green to lose and hope they get selected over BG as the final at large bid.

Penn State lost so they're done.
Northeastern won 3-2 so Providence(Bjorkqvist) is in.

ETA: Pavs was in on one of PSU's 2 goals tonight i see:

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Ranked as the Pens third best prospect by THN Future watch... I’d like to see him in the AHL... Bobby Holik maybe

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Moose Jaw lost with Almeida not getting a point too. Mildly disappointing, but being quickly done and off to WBS might be better for us anyway.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Shawinigan won a game!

4-3, Drozg with 2 assists.

Baie Comeau lost 5-2, Lethbridge won 4-1 with Bellerive and Addison involved.

With Penn State out does it mean Pavylchev could go to WBS now?

He could, but only if he's calling time on his college hockey career.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Pavs has already said he’s going back to PSU next year. He’s not signed so I can’t imagine he’ll play on a PTO for WB/S

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Shawinigan won a game!

4-3, Drozg with 2 assists.

Baie Comeau lost 5-2, Lethbridge won 4-1 with Bellerive and Addison involved.

With Penn State out does it mean Pavylchev could go to WBS now?
Crazy shit, i won't say it enough, it's a mind boggling 86 RS pts differential between these 2 teams.

Drozg had a very good game, only 2SOG instead of 3 but those 2 assists sure helped! He won 4 of 5 FO for a total of 7 outta 9 against the Huskies powerhouse. An improvement compared to his 45.8% RS FO%. Got a penalty which is normal for him (2min. in 2 games compared to RS' 48min. in 60GP).

Next 3 games are at Shawinigan, the DROZG STORE SHALL ROCK!:yo: GO CATS!!! GO DROZG LORD!!!
HEADER_2019_v2-1024x200.jpg

Reactions: Peat

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Penn State lost so they're done.
Northeastern won 3-2 so Providence(Bjorkqvist) is in.

ETA: Pavs was in on one of PSU's 2 goals tonight i see:

Providence will slot in as a #4, and very likely will play Minnesota State. Providence is a host city though, so they would have the crowd on their side for the first two rounds. Bracket will be selected tonight.

PSU was likely the last team out.

Austin Lemieux and Arizona St will be in the tourny for the first time in their brief existence.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder if that Merezhko kid on Lethbridge is worth an ELC. Looks like he was at Calgary’s camp last year but remains unsigned.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Addison's OT winner here was impressive. Walked like 2/3rd's of the blue line before a wicked wrister:

Highlights: Hitmen (2) at Hurricanes (2) – OT – WHL Network

He is crazy talented. Skillset wise there is really nothing that separates him from all of other little PMDs taken before him.

If he can continue to develop (physically too) and learn how to apply that talent correctly- he can def be a slick, productive top 4 guy. Especially in the modern NHL. I do think he’s a longer term type of prospect though. Would not be surprised if the adjustment period in WBS is rough at first.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
He is crazy talented. Skillset wise there is really nothing that separates him from all of other little PMDs taken before him.

If he can continue to develop (physically too) and learn how to apply that talent correctly- he can def be a slick, productive top 4 guy. Especially in the modern NHL. I do think he’s a longer term type of prospect though. Would not be surprised if the adjustment period in WBS is rough at first.

Number 11 when Addisons goal was confirmed legit was like "we won bitches, we won!" at the whole other teams bench.

edit- Ah it's that Merezhko kid that's being talked about.

Last edited:
Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wonder if that Merezhko kid on Lethbridge is worth an ELC. Looks like he was at Calgary’s camp last year but remains unsigned.

Dude has a calm but psychotic demeanor about him when he fights. I like it. He's massive even though he isn't even filled out for his frame, he's tough as nails.

Igor Merezhko
6'4" - 194lbs
RHD

Look at this one, some punk rabbit punches him and he's still cool af.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Yea. The good thing is he has a bit of a mean streak for a small lad.
Not opposed to hard cross checks on an opponent in the corners.
Just have to wait and let him develop vs bigger/stronger opponents in the pros but if he can figure the DZ out, he'll be an NHL'er. Great skater/good vision/passing/iq/shot. He's got all that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I really want that kid to spend a summer doing Kris' workout routine and bulk the f*** up. If he added that kind of strength, this kid could be a stud.

That first fight reminded me of a young Steve Smith with his patented JackHammer!
That 2nd fight was just, the dude punched him like the other guy was a stuffed animal.

Like that 1st punch put that other kid back to his child hood.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Dude has a calm but psychotic demeanor about him when he fights. I like it. He's massive even though he isn't even filled out for his frame, he's tough as nails.

Igor Merezhko
6'4" - 194lbs
RHD

Look at this one, some punk rabbit punches him and he's still cool af.

That first fight reminded me of a young Steve Smith with his patented JackHammer!

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Wouldn't mind picking up Wilkins and/or Sturm in NCAA FA'y.
Also like the very small Tufto kid as well.
Schuldt would be really nice but i imagine he has his sights elsewhere...coughMTLcough.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Probably not. An AHL contract maybe, but the number of CHL overagers who make it big in the NHL is too small afaik to make him worth more. Spinozzi had a bigger last season in the CHL and he's still not escaped Wheeling for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->