Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguin Salary Thread: TDL - 7 Days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He turned 24 a month ago.

Saying Raddysh sucks and is a nothing asset is basically saying O'Connor sucks and is a nothing asset.

DOC just became pro last year. Raddysh has been pro for like 4 years.

although, we've seen other good older AHL players leave Tampa and light it up elsewhere.

Usually they impress with Tampa though. Raddysh was given the audition this year and basically stunk up the joint.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm really not sold on Garland. He seems like he has all the makings of yet another smallish, "do everything" middle-6 guy who ends up being a 15-20g, 40pt player making a good chunk of cap. I'd rather not pay absolute top dollar for that kinda guy yet again, even if this is the last realistic* run at the Cup.

*pretty extreme outside chance

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Can I just say as well that Katchouk also sounds like a root vegetable? No? I'm the only one who's got Friday brain?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Based on the price being thrown out for Hagel, I'm glad the Penguins didn't do that.

Trading that much for a 15 goal, 40 point guy having a career season would make me super uncomfortable. Tampa Bay can do it because they're firmly in the middle of their contending window, considering the age of their core. The Penguins aren't at that point anymore.

This is a deal I would have loved to see the Penguins make in like 2012 or 2013.
Disagree…this is exactly the type of deal the Pens should be making now as he’s signed for the next couple years at a cheap rate

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Age thing also depends on their development league. 24 NCAA prospect usually in a much different spot than somebody from the CHL at that age.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm really not sold on Garland. He seems like he has all the makings of yet another smallish, "do everything" middle-6 guy who ends up being a 15-20g, 40pt player making a good chunk of cap. I'd rather not pay absolute top dollar for that kinda guy yet again, even if this is the last realistic* run at the Cup.

*pretty extreme outside chance

Garland is a souped up Conor Sheary. He's Sheary with more grit. He will one day score a stanley cup final face off goal for us if we get him

Reactions: Gurglesons

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
DOC just became pro last year. Raddysh has been pro for like 4 years.

Usually they impress with Tampa though. Raddysh was given the audition this year and basically stunk up the joint.
I don't recall Varhaeghe impressing much, infact his age 23/24 season is very similar to Raddysh's.

although guys like Marchessault and Varhaeghe skate very well.

Reactions: Peat

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's not that I really value late 1st rounders or prospects not in the upper echelon. It's that I just don't think Hagel's really the type of player to be throwing a handful of relatively valuable pieces at unless you're a team like Tampa, poised to compete for Cups for the next several years and entering the playoffs with a chance to three-peat.

If the Pens paid that price for Hagel, or Garland, I'd be pretty f***ing annoyed. :laugh: This team's an extreme outside chance kinda club when it comes to challenging for the Cup and anything short of a bonafide goal scorer, or at least a guy with a singularly specialized skillset like Boeser and his obnoxiously good shot (and I'm not even that high on Boeser to be honest, I'm just intrigued by his shot and his shot alone), are guys we should pass on.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
*ahem* Zucker, Kapanen *ahem*

but they weren’t cheap …they had already been paid…and Kap, while 23 as well, had played many years in the NHL at that point…I didn’t have problem paying what we did for Kap btw…they were hoping he’d turn into more…he didn’t…Zucker was the worst deal…older player, not a reasonable contract, and nothing special

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Disagree…this is exactly the type of deal the Pens should be making now as he’s signed for the next couple years at a cheap rate

Hagel isn't going to make a difference for this team. They need a difference maker if they're paying that price.

Tampa can justify paying this because they have all of their difference makers already, they can splurge on luxury depth pieces because they have Stamkos, Point, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00