Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguin Salary Thread: TDL - 7 Days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Basically they're not going to make a move just to make a move. It's either a move that fits a very specific need/desire or nothing.

But that's just the thing though, how are they going to add this mobile defenseman without making more moves to make that work?

I guess I can see it if you're talking about something like Pettersson for Leddy, but when I look at this roster, one of the absolute last things I think they need is more mobility on defense.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
But that's just the thing though, how are they going to add this mobile defenseman without making more moves to make that work?

I guess I can see it if you're talking about something like Pettersson for Leddy, but when I look at this roster, one of the absolute last things I think they need is more mobility on defense.
No idea. Leddy's mention surprised me.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

Tldr - hextall would love to make a move, is willing to trade some future, RW for Geno priority but physical dman also desired, it's just about the cap
Also specifically mentions that the Penguins were quietly looking at Ben Chiarot, but didn't come close to a deal because of the cap. And that there is some smoke around Robert Hagg from Buffalo.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Honestly, the FO would be smart to try to move the trash off this team for whatever they can get, plug the spot with WBS kids and hope to catch lightning in a bottle with the injection of youth. You get bounced in round 1 (which will most certainly happen again) kids get some experience & you don’t waste any future assets on another playoff embarrassment. If they aren't moving trash and paying a massive price for a game-breaking wing, WTF is the point.

Reactions: wizmet12

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Yeah I thing Hagg is pretty not good but you're saving a decent chunk of change there and he brings some physicality to the team. Hardly the worst move they can make.
At this point, Pettersson is pretty not good right now and he's twice as expensive. If Hagg at least clears the front of the net, that's an upgrade.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
If I am Letang and have 3 cups already I am testing the market like Lindholm. Show Me The Money! careers are short, i'd go for the $$$.
I never begrudge a guy getting paid, but Letang is far enough into super rich from his previous contracts the a few extra million really doesn't matter to him. In his place I'd be all about lifestyle. Maybe that's playing in Pittsburgh with his boys. Maybe that's golfing in Florida. Maybe it's skiing in Colorado.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Beyond the obvious need that Hagg would fill, it's another another example of a guy Hextall has a history with, so there is some familiarity there as well. He essentially brought in to Philly as an assistant GM like 2 weeks after the 2013 draft, where the Flyers took Hagg in the 2nd round.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Kingeriski or whatever said Hagg was a possibility a few weeks ago. Wonder if Yohe is just repeating that.

Easy 2+2 guess too. But very easy for them both to hear if it's real too.

I never begrudge a guy getting paid, but Letang is far enough into super rich from his previous contracts the a few extra million really doesn't matter to him. In his place I'd be all about lifestyle. Maybe that's playing in Pittsburgh with his boys. Maybe that's golfing in Florida. Maybe it's skiing in Colorado.

As much as anything, I think Letang wants a big contract for his ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad