Confirmed with Link: PIT (Sheary & Rodrigues) | BUF (Kahun)

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Can't wait to watch Sheary fall down 3 times a shift again.

I just don't see why. Even if Kahun would've walked this summer, so what. he is the better player. He can actually drive play himself, and we traded him for 2 passengers. Rodrigues' whole career has just been riding Eichel's coat tails, and he has nothing to show for it at the pro level.

Total head scratcher.

Reactions: TNT87 and Ryder71

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
In other news, Sprong has been traded to Caps. Watch him pile up goals against us and knock us out of the playoffs lol.

Reactions: Factorial

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Zar must be having mixed feelings, on one hand his son is returning to the pens, on the other he may be bumped from the lineup because of it.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I liked Kahun but people are getting too worked up about him. He wasnt THAT special or anything. Lets see how the forwards fit now.
Kahun for a while there was one of our best wings, particularly with Jake out. And he had plenty of room to grow as a player and improve. He was an RFA so we had more control over him moving forward. And we traded him for a couple of curtain jerkers who likely don't make us a better team.

Reactions: StaalForOne

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I mean it's not a great move but it's not end of the world awful.

Sheary has history with Geno and Sid, Rodrigues can bump any of the AHL boys out of the lineup.

I'm guessing JR got the impression he wasnt gonna be able to resign Kahun.

I'll wait for a few games before I make a final decision on this trade.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Hate this deal. I know I'll probably come to love it, but I really did see Kahun as an important part going forward. Most of all he was smart enough and skilled enough to mesh with our stars. Which, as we've seen, is far from a given with alot of NHLers

Even if management didn't like him, him finishing with a ~40 point year could've really gotten a good one-for-one deal in the offseason.

I dont get it.

I'm excited for Rodrigues. And Sheary hopefully should pick up right where he left off. I guess it helps us in the short term if ER can get anything going.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hate this deal. I know I'll probably come to love it, but I really did see Kahun as an important part going forward. Most of all he was smart enough and skilled enough to mesh with our stars. Which, as we've seen, is far from a given with alot of NHLers

Even if management didn't like him, him finishing with a ~40 point year could've really gotten a good one-for-one deal in the offseason.

I dont get it.

He really didn't show that in his time with the Penguins. He got booted off of Crosby's line in training camp and never got another shot and his results with Malkin weren't all that special. I also vaguely recall Yohe saying on Madden's show that Crosby wasn't crazy about Kahun's play style.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Even if you liked Kahun, he looked the best with McCann. He looked ok at best with Malkin, and didn’t seem like an option with Crosby. That’s specific for a middle six guy. Sheary, Marleau I think would fit with Crosby and Malkin if need be, and Rodrigues is a potentially good 4th line guy.

Reactions: Doogle

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007

I dont get it.

Kahun is smart and skilled enough that he SHOULD have meshed with our stars, but he didn’t. It’s why he was let go.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I like acquiring Rodriguez. Think he's a solid depth player, that has shown upside previously.

Not too happy with acquiring Sheary. I've just never really fancied him much.

Most unhappy about trading Kahun though. God f***ing damn it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Nope.

Just one request: When the playoffs come, PLEASE START HIM. :biglaugh:

The Pens traded for two under the radar analytics darlings who have produced.

Worst deal ever.

But trading for the lottery ticket that never has done anything despite being given numerous chances who has now failed with two organizations?

Why weren't we in on some of that????

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The Pens traded for two under the radar analytics darlings who have produced.

Worst deal ever.

But trading for the lottery ticket that never has done anything despite being given numerous chances who has now failed with two organizations?

Why weren't we in on some of that????

Because clearly we lack the proper perspective around here . . . :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00