Confirmed with Link: PIT (Sheary & Rodrigues) | BUF (Kahun)

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The one positive is that we didn't part with Poulin or Legare. Legare I believe just had B2B hat tricks in the ''Q''.

And this is kind of a big deal. With the years they have had, their value goes up. I still think with Poulin, there is an outside shot they give him all the opportunity to make the team next year. On one of the In The Room episodes, the scouting staff told JR, "He's not far away to be a contributor," despite what TSN guys said at the draft.

I don't know...I've been upset over deals like this before, and they turn out to be a big nothing burger a few years from now looking back.

Reactions: Doogle and EpiPen

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I know absolutely nothing about Rodrigues, so I could use filled in on him.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The moral of this trade IMO is that you should never get attached to depth players, because there are only about 4 players on the Penguins who are absolutely safe from being traded and you shouldn't be getting super mad that they traded a 2nd/3rd line tweener for 2 3rd liners.

Rodrigues is a 3rd liner? Guy has 3 more points than Ruhwedel.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
And this is kind of a big deal. With the years they have had, their value goes up. I still think with Poulin, there is an outside shot they give him all the opportunity to make the team next year. On one of the In The Room episodes, the scouting staff told JR, "He's not far away to be a contributor," despite what TSN guys said at the draft.

I don't know...I've been upset over deals like this before, and they turn out to be a big nothing burger a few years from now looking back.
I'm very high on both of these guys.

My issue with trading Kahun is the value or lack thereof we got back. It just doesn't jive with I see as fair value. And not that it affected us cap wise due to Jake being out, but we took on an extra four million dollars.

Reactions: Lustaf

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
From what I’ve read he’s been underused and requested a trade. Plus this is a down year for him.

I think it needs to be a “wait and see” when it comes to discussing him, because most of us haven’t paid any attention to him to have these hot takes.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
The Pens traded for two under the radar analytics darlings who have produced.

Worst deal ever.

But trading for the lottery ticket that never has done anything despite being given numerous chances who has now failed with two organizations?

Why weren't we in on some of that????
People here play too much Chel.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I have a good feeling about ERod....based on literally nothing, noticed him twice during the game...if he really is as fast as they say, his SH% is around 7ish maybe he improves that

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm very high on both of these guys.

My issue with trading Kahun is the value or lack thereof we got back. It just doesn't jive with I see as fair value. And not that it affected us cap wise due to Jake being out, but we took on an extra four million dollars.

Kahun probably had no value considering he was moved for Olli Maatta and now this.

Reactions: Lustaf and KIRK

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
He's put up 25 and 29 points the past two years on a bad sabres team. This year he hasn't played as much and scoring is down. I could see it either way, he comes here and on a better team fits in and looks like a third liner, or doesn't beat out his competition so plays less minutes than he did in buffalo so puts up fewer points.

Either way, his underlying stats are decent, so if he's got some wheels like people says he does at worst he's a faster ZAR.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
TSN loves this trade. Said Kahun the best player out of the group, but penguins got familiarity with Sheary and depth matchups that will be very difficult to matchup against for opposing teams.

TSN really liked the 3rd line as Marleau - McCann - Tanev

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kahun probably had no value considering he was moved for Olli Maatta and now this.

Still would've rather moved him back to Chicago for Gust and then a 4th to Buffalo for Sheary and Rodrigues, but it's pretty clear JR is all in with this defense (and Pets and Jack Johnson)

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
TSN loves this trade. Said Kahun the best player out of the group, but penguins got familiarity with Sheary and depth matchups that will be very difficult to matchup against for opposing teams.

Can't see that being the 3rd line. Sully is too in love with BART.

seeing Evan Rodrigues react excitedly to the trade is nice

He asked for a trade and didn't end up in some hockey hell. Of course he's going to be excited . . . :laugh:

Reactions: EightyOne and LOGiK

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

I think we need to start having a legitimate conversation about who the actual 3rd line center is. Because I think Blueger has basically stole the position.

Reactions: LOGiK

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Of all the dumb hot takes I've seen, this one may take the cake. Sure, they'll be fired because they added depth at forward for a 1st, 3rd, Kahun, and Addison.

Nah, they will be fired because they didn't do exactly what random internet "experts" wanted them to do. /s

Reactions: MrBurghundy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad